What's new

Should Kabal be banned in competitive play? (Community Discussion)

Should Kabal be banned?

• Total voters

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
cyrax actually loses to members of the cast. smoke, as well.
Honestly, that's only matters when players of equal skill are matched up. That couldn't automatically apply, no matter who you fight against.

I don't see what stops Cyrax from guessing right on a Kabal cancel into 12 :ex net, then reset town...

They should just ban the cancels off the frame advantage strings. Its really is unfair or broken when a character is put in a situation where there are no options whatsoever, other than hope your opponent fucks up or decides to go with another string. The 50/50 mix ups are just fine but at least let the opponent have that option to guess.

GGA soonk

ĜĞÅ §ººñ|<®©™
Honestly, that's only matters when players of equal skill are matched up. That couldn't automatically apply, no matter who you fight against.

I don't see what stops Cyrax from guessing right on a Kabal cancel into 12 :ex net, then reset town...
The frame data, I suppose. If Kabal is at +2, how will you get out your 9f attack before Kabal either does D3, F4, or standing 2?

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
The frame data, I suppose. If Kabal is at +2, how will you get out your 9f attack before Kabal either does D3, F4, or standing 2?
No body worth their salt would risk mixing on a cyrax player who understands that his D3 or D1 poke is only +1, and instead goes for the full combo string with 12, as its 0 on block, hit confirmable into :ex net with the reset follow combo, and it can always go into 121 and then chestsaw on block, or even just 12, Command grab if all else fails. But the main thing is, the 9 frame 12 into :ex net 90% reset.

All you have to do is get too fruity on clever cyrax players, and his 9 frame :fp:bp :ex Net will mess you up.

It's a big deal. At least to me, soon enough, players that don't poke will pick up Cyrax and start kicking ass with that simple take.

12 :ex net, Takes two bars, and 90% life, and the opponent couldn't even brake if they wanted to, or if they have full meter they have to either brake and lose all meter, or 90%, and it all starts with 9 frames, jesus christ.

AK Vip3r

Ghost of Vip3r
freddy bodes well and shares an even match-up with kabal. I dont think he should be banned. Its not like he beats the WHOLE cast for free, just 71.3%. :p

Winter

Alfred Hitchcock reincarnated.
I've been using only Kabal for 6 months, if they ban him I'm totally raging on this game. And no, Kabal should not be banned because he is beatable.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
LMAO I didn't see any of those 5-5 MUs I asked about.....what's your list look like, Tay? I think REO's trollin' with all the 6-4's being the his worst MU. Doesn't he struggle w/ Jax, Kang and Cage up-close and Kenshi, Freddy and Mileena from a distance. I'm probably wrong but I thought I heard something along those lines.....plus look at all the times CDjr beat REO's Kabal w/ Jax.
CDjr winning is moreso CDjr actually being a ridiculous player in general.

Cage loses to him from far too hard. Kang and Jax do okay. Freddy and Reptile are the only characters that could give fuck all about Kabal's zoning because they can outprojectile him.

I wouldn't put a chart up of Kabal because he's simply not the character I know...but I know that list is straight trolling.

SZSR

Noob
No.

Once he starts dominating tournaments, like being the only character making top 8 aside from maybe 1 or 2 obscure characters, that's when you need to bring this question up.

Give people time to figure out this character. People still don't know what to do vs him.

Kabal players have been winning because they leveled up. Everyone else needs to level up their knowledge vs Kabal.
I agree.

IMO, this whole situation feels like pre-most recent patch Kung Lao. (Mostly safe spin and low recovery time on low hat). Kung Lao was very strong offline (and online was just un-fun to play against) but once you took some time to learn his tools and the match up (aka, characters had at least one move in their arsenal to punish a blocked spin and low hat trickery) it became doable and Kung Lao had to work to get his victories.

I believe all it takes now is for some time to go over and people to learn the entirety of Kabal's toolset (not just mash d3) and what you can to counter it.

GGA soonk

ĜĞÅ §ººñ|<®©™
No body worth their salt would risk mixing on a cyrax player who understands that his D3 or D1 poke is only +1, and instead goes for the full combo string with 12, as its 0 on block, hit confirmable into :ex net with the reset follow combo, and it can always go into 121 and then chestsaw on block, or even just 12, Command grab if all else fails. But the main thing is, the 9 frame 12 into :ex net 90% reset.

All you have to do is get too fruity on clever cyrax players, and his 9 frame :fp:bp :ex Net will mess you up.

It's a big deal. At least to me, soon enough, players that don't poke will pick up Cyrax and start kicking ass with that simple take.

12 :ex net, Takes two bars, and 90% life, and the opponent couldn't even brake if they wanted to, or if they have full meter they have to either brake and lose all meter, or 90%, and it all starts with 9 frames, jesus christ.
You're misunderstanding the frame data, then. If I d3 and it hits, you're at -3. My standing 2 or my F4 will beat anything you think you can put on the screen, given P1 side. 2 on hit leaves me at +8 and F4 is hitconfirmable into a combo. If I do F32~ndc or B12~ndc I'm at +2. My 2 and F4 are now 7 frames vs whatever you have, and my D3 is 5 frames. B1~ndc is +1, which means 8 frames for normals and 6 frames for pokes. Tell me when you're getting this 9 frame standing attack out.

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
I think Frothy nailed it. My opinion: I hate Kabal. Not because of "brokenness" or whatever...but the way he looks, The spontaneous buzzsaws from nowhere, gas balls that deals damage but really shouldn't because gas can't deal damage...and his look. He looks stupid and always has. THAT SAID.....he needs to stay in the game.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
You're misunderstanding the frame data, then. If I d3 and it hits, you're at -3. My standing 2 or my F4 will beat anything you think you can put on the screen, given P1 side. 2 on hit leaves me at +8 and F4 is hitconfirmable into a combo. If I do F32~ndc or B12~ndc I'm at +2. My 2 and F4 are now 7 frames vs whatever you have, and my D3 is 5 frames. B1~ndc is +1, which means 8 frames for normals and 6 frames for pokes. Tell me when you're getting this 9 frame standing attack out.
We want Kabal players to do standing 2 and F4, both combo punishable (probably depending on hitbox though), love it.

Getting the 9 frame move out against a Kabal isnt hard if they decide to play up close. It forces them to use F4 and 21 which are probably his worst strings.

Mt. Mutombo

Asshole by nature
The pressure is easy to get out of...now those machine gun gas blasts are a whole other story.

No he should not be banned, only wimps and cowards complain and bitch about stuff cause they're afraid of having to work to beat him. As a Cyrax player i'll take on any of you vibrator fingers kabal players.

CJKRattlehead

Two men enter, one man leaves!
Why did Freddy's straight glove get a damage nerf of two percent and slowed down if Kabal gets to keep faster fireballs with more damage?