What's new

General/Other - Shinnok Shinnok General Discussion Thread

Meter building?! You're spending your meter on MB hell sparks what meter building?

Also impostor gets waaaaay more meterless damage than Necro and Bone Shaper.

Anyway, the "nerf" is here and it's not going to go away. Just adapt to the new pressure game and move on.
He could do a 5 hit string into a MB HS when it was+24. Now he does a 2 hit string into a MB HS. Each hit builds meter on block. That is called meterbuilding.
What meterless damage does imposter do before he goes into Mimicry mix ups?!

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
He could do a 5 hit string into a MB HS when it was+24. Now he does a 2 hit string into a MB HS. Each hit builds meter on block. That is called meterbuilding.
What meterless damage does imposter do before he goes into Mimicry mix ups?!
Yeah well 5 hits but then you burn meter so eventually you're ending with less meter than you started with.

I know what you mean that before he could do more hits before MBing the Hell Spark but it's not half bad now, it's still pretty good.

Also with meterless damage do any string into mimicry into throw and you get 35%+ meterless damage. Maybe you just have to go for "guaranteed" damage and not go for mixup every time.

True Grave

Giving The Gift Of Graves
A nice trick I'm using for imposter is I'll do a naked f4 and if it confirms, then I'll go into b3. The distance is right, but you must be careful, obviously. Just something to mind fuck your opponent with.

Edit: I know it's better to go into Hell Sparks on confirm, but you can use the trick to condition your opponent better for the openers.

Last edited:

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
Meter building?! You're spending your meter on MB hell sparks what meter building?

Also impostor gets waaaaay more meterless damage than Necro and Bone Shaper.

Anyway, the "nerf" is here and it's not going to go away. Just adapt to the new pressure game and move on.

I don't think that impostor gets more damage than bone shaperm but that's not important anyway.

I might have to adapt, but don't go around saying that the nerf wasn't that heavy. it was for impostor and necro, it wasn't heavy for bone shaper. and that's the problem, if they want to nerf bs, nerf bs for crying out loud.

Yeah well 5 hits but then you burn meter so eventually you're ending with less meter than you started with.

I know what you mean that before he could do more hits before MBing the Hell Spark but it's not half bad now, it's still pretty good.

Also with meterless damage do any string into mimicry into throw and you get 35%+ meterless damage. Maybe you just have to go for "guaranteed" damage and not go for mixup every time.
You do realize that you will have to spend meter on MB HS as impostor anyway, before the patch you could build some meter back by doing strings into them and after.
It isn't guaranteed - it is still a 50/50 mix up, opponent can break your throw. So the only guaranteed part is 2% off of the throw break .. Oh wait 2.6666% because it is buffed you know)

Braindead

You do realize that you will have to spend meter on MB HS as impostor anyway, before the patch you could build some meter back by doing strings into them and after.
It isn't guaranteed - it is still a 50/50 mix up, opponent can break your throw. So the only guaranteed part is 2% off of the throw break .. Oh wait 2.6666% because it is buffed you know)
Nah throws after mimicry are pretty much guaranteed except on the ballsiest of ballsy reads.

You have to release block when you break, and after a restand no one is going to not block and try to break a throw and risk eating a full combo to avoid 16% damage. And even if they did that they still have to guess on the direction.
Throw after a mimicry is like 98% guaranteed.

Nah throws after mimicry are pretty much guaranteed except on the ballsiest of ballsy reads.

You have to release block when you break, and after a restand no one is going to not block and try to break a throw and risk eating a full combo to avoid 16% damage. And even if they did that they still have to guess on the direction.
It isn't a combo. Period. It is just a great mix up. So his meterless combos hardly reach 20%.

True Grave

Giving The Gift Of Graves

If someone techs me once for throwing, I'll bait it every time until they're done getting blown up lol.

Yesterday I had my friend jump out between d4xxHell Sparks on block:/ I don't understand how is that possible. D4 cancel advantage on block is 14, and Hell Sparks' start up is 13 frames.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Yesterday I had my friend jump out between d4xxHell Sparks on block:/ I don't understand how is that possible. D4 cancel advantage on block is 14, and Hell Sparks' start up is 13 frames.
Cancel advantage on block is calculated by cancel advantage + block advantage so it's actually less than 14 :p

Altsa

There was discussion about connecting f22,1+3 after b3 with Boneshaper somewhere but I could not find it.

However, if someone is still having issues with it, try this:

Input b3, f,f+blk, 22, throw. Basically do a very small run cancel in the middle.

This thing works even with max range b3 . It will take you less 5 minutes to learn.

Apologies if this has been mentioned before. Hope it helps anyways.

Edit: Does not actually work against females if the b3 connect from MAX(and I really mean MAX) range. It should still make it consistent.

Last edited:
Cancel advantage on block is calculated by cancel advantage + block advantage so it's actually less than 14 :p
I wrote that it is on block because I had already calculated the cancel advantage ON BLOCK. His d4 is -4 on block and cancel advantage is 18. Simple math gives 14 frames of cancel advantage on block. I know my frames dude.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
I wrote that it is on block because I had already calculated the cancel advantage ON BLOCK. His d4 is -4 on block and cancel advantage is 18. Simple math gives 14 frames of cancel advantage on block. I know my frames dude.
Oh...well sorry never mind lol.

Where do you guys feel BoneShaper Shinnok is on the tier list right now?
Maybe it's just because I played Shinnok since day 1, but I feel like he might be barely top 5.

Haven't really played a matchup that feels super difficult yet.

after mimicry i like to get right outside of throw range and wiff a throw then walk up and hit them. puts the idea of teching in their head and it makes me laugh when they dont block.

Hidan

Where the hell is Reiko's wheel kick

We're still good. Link is tight but easy with practice after some time. Ironically, this opens up so many mind games...
It's not ironic, only natural. Most pressure mind games occur from small plus frame moves

SixPathsOfHate

Make triple skulls input BDF or DF Hold F
F4 connects but its hella tight.

F4 connects but its hella tight.
That has nothing to do with what I was saying. You should read previous posts before replying to them. I am talking about cancel advantage of d4 on block and when canceled into a 13 frame hell sparks it should jail, but my friend somehow jumps out in between.

SixPathsOfHate

Make triple skulls input BDF or DF Hold F
That has nothing to do with what I was saying. You should read previous posts before replying to them. I am talking about cancel advantage of d4 on block and when canceled into a 13 frame hell sparks it should jail, but my friend somehow jumps out in between.
My bad, but umm, d4 has a 17 cancel advantage for me, and they cant do anything once d4 connects. What console are you playing on? Who was your friend playing as?

My bad, but umm, d4 has a 17 cancel advantage for me, and they cant do anything once d4 connects. What console are you playing on? Who was your friend playing as?
It is either 17 or 18, but on block you have to add the block advantage which is -4, so it is either 13 or 14, but hell sparks are 13 fr start up so either way you shouldn't be able to jump out. He was using Raiden:/
Edit: it is 18 as I said, and it is 14 on block, I am on ps4.

Braindead

It is either 17 or 18, but on block you have to add the block advantage which is -4, so it is either 13 or 14, but hell sparks are 13 fr start up so either way you shouldn't be able to jump out. He was using Raiden:/
Edit: it is 18 as I said, and it is 14 on block, I am on ps4.
Maybe at something like max distance the frame data changes?