What's new

General/Other - Shinnok Shinnok General Discussion Thread

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
Guys I don't have the patch yet, but for chip damage can't you do something like string into hell sparks on block, MB the first spark, then do another hell spark immediately? Maybe you can MB the 3rd spark? You get +14 frames and the start up of hell sparks is 13 frames so it should work.

SixPathsOfHate

Make triple skulls input BDF or DF Hold F
Guys I don't have the patch yet, but for chip damage can't you do something like string into hell sparks on block, MB the first spark, then do another hell spark immediately? Maybe you can MB the 3rd spark? You get +14 frames and the start up of hell sparks is 13 frames so it should work.
From what I just tested no, you could do Hell Sparks MB first spark then f4 and repeat. its tight but ehh.

Why do that if you can always d4xxhell sparks after the MB hell spark. It is 11 frames, definitely reaches, and guarantees all three hell sparks to hit.

Edit: scratch that! D4 doesn't reach:(

Last edited:

Alright RyRy

Florida Kombat
also whos going to be repping YUNG SHINNOK at evo?
I will be using BS Shinnok. Us "FOOLS" need to make it out of pools.

Edit : My thoughts on the "nerf"

This character is still amazing in BS. He gets really good chip after Hell Sparks. And with the buff to the projectile there is no need against certain characters to EVER throw out hell sparks.

This is before the latest patch but the spacing against KL is good to know.

ah the only reason I keep saying he took a hit is because we lost our 45% block-it-and-your-dead comeback factor. That was a nice thing to have in your back pocket

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
is there a way to make NRS understand that their nerf hurted impostor and necro more than bone shaper? because I'm assuming that bone shaper is the one they wanted to nerf, but unlike impostor and necro he can make strings safe without meter and he also gets more damage; and considering that the post patch pressure gives less damage and meter, they kind of fucked up.

LavaG

Representing Gamers Republic GH
thanks, I'll give it a shot.
I don't think walking a lil guarantees a block string, f4 will reach but opponent can armor or backdash..to get a blockstring u definitely have to run. This nerf kinda hurt imposter, less chip and meter building and I realised after two f4 meterburn hell sparks, it's difficult to get the 3rd f4 to connect as a blockstring

Braindead

I don't think walking a lil guarantees a block string, f4 will reach but opponent can armor or backdash..to get a blockstring u definitely have to run. This nerf kinda hurt imposter, less chip and meter building and I realised after two f4 meterburn hell sparks, it's difficult to get the 3rd f4 to connect as a blockstring
A quick run cancel into F4 is a true block string after a blocked MB'ed hell spark. With the damage buff the chip I imagine will equal the chip Bone Shaper does with the F41D2 string.

It's not a bad nerf. It didn't really hurt him.

SixPathsOfHate

Make triple skulls input BDF or DF Hold F
A quick run cancel into F4 is a true block string after a blocked MB'ed hell spark. With the damage buff the chip I imagine will equal the chip Bone Shaper does with the F41D2 string.

With the mimic buff its still greater than BS chip.

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist

it did. non-boneshaper shinnok is super meter dependent and you have way less meter at your disposal with f4xxMBHS. the chip isn't that important, the meter building is. also without being able to hitconfirm, you get less damage and without boost impostor is low on damage already.

Last edited:

Braindead

it did. non-boneshaper shinnok is super meter dependent and you have way less meter at your disposal with f4xxMBHS. the chip isn't that important, the meter building is. also without being able, to hitconfirm, you get less damage and without boost impostor is low on damage already.
Meter building?! You're spending your meter on MB hell sparks what meter building?

Also impostor gets waaaaay more meterless damage than Necro and Bone Shaper.

Anyway, the "nerf" is here and it's not going to go away. Just adapt to the new pressure game and move on.

it did. non-boneshaper shinnok is super meter dependent and you have way less meter at your disposal with f4xxMBHS. the chip isn't that important, the meter building is. also without being able, to hitconfirm, you get less damage and without boost impostor is low on damage already.
I agree 100% with this. I was interested in Impostor the most. And was glad that it was the best variation. Someone tell me, how does Impostor build meter without his long blockstrings off of +24????? HOW ??? Doing punishable by a full combo Hell Sparks???? Without the damage buff he gets 25% damage for 1 bar. For F... Sake. He needs meter to do 20+% combos and to make his strings safe. How is he suppose to build it????!