What's new

General/Other - Shinnok Shinnok General Discussion Thread

Fidoskin

Noob
Seems like only BS now have a decent cheap damage setups. But i hope everyone will mash shit in run f4 a lot now so its buff kappa

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
Seems like only BS now have a decent cheap damage setups. But i hope everyone will mash shit in run f4 a lot now so its buff kappa
Why? How much does Impostor get with F4 xx MB Sparks over and over with the damage buff? I imagine it would be the same as Bone Shaper.

RM_NINfan101

Nine Inch Nails fan from Metro Detroit, Michigan
Honestly this patch really doesn't hurt him. +14 just means you wanna MB the first ball on block to get a setup, a F4, a B3 (albeit they can backdash it but that's 4 frames to react to if done strict.) Grabs etc... This character is still very much fine and let's be honest, we saw Hellsparks likely getting nerfed a bit. +14 is very reasonable.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Sorry I have a life to go live sometimes.

So basically Shinnok barely got changed? Lol that's nothing. I mean it sucks a tiny bit for Necro since it means no guaranteed Flick on block but ah well, it did probably need to get nerfed anyway.

Fidoskin

Noob
Why? How much does Impostor get with F4 xx MB Sparks over and over with the damage buff? I imagine it would be the same as Bone Shaper.
BS have a great hitconfirmable f41 string so you can go for cheap or go for df2 MB . f4 sparks now just give imp/necro safe string cuz im not sure about we can confirm mb sparks well now so we lose damage. For sure we can finish round/match with cheap but not abuse cheap strings right now. But now i guess we can play more mindgames if we go to b3 after sparks mb and after that we can bait armor mash or something like that.
My point is like we lose damage with imposter right now cuz we cant hitconfirm f4 3rd spark mb on hit or f4 1nd spark on block. Or cant we? 15-20% cheap is garbage for 3 bars in most situations. I personally start to practice another variations right now.

RM_NINfan101

Honestly from what I gathered, F4 was always guaranteed after a blocked MB hellspark especially if it's done on the very first one. Nothing here hurts him. What you'll have to stop doing is MBing it after the second or if you're lucky, third ball connects. You won't have enough time to do much. I suppose this nerf is to simply "normalize" him if anything. I was one who thought maybe it shouldn't be as plus, not that I would ask for it.

If you're playing Impostor, not much has changed for you either.

Neither if you played Necro.

I mean this is a really small nerf at best. You just don't get a guaranteed B3 anymore but you can still grab, attempt a B3 after conditioning them etc...

SixPathsOfHate

Make triple skulls input BDF or DF Hold F
I just cant.....it wont feel right, I was looking at predator gameplay and came on TYM to find out shinnok got nerfed which totally killed my hype for predator....I wasnt surprised it got nerfed but damn. A part of me died. Imma still main imposter but ehhh.

RM_NINfan101

i dont even have to use it any differently than i did before lmfao. well i guess it is a nerf because you can't get that silly chip after mimic anymore but i wasn't even going for that anyway
Hell, I already just said earlier in the thread: Do what Nitti does, F4 XX MB HellSparks on the first ball.

Gives you more than enough time to

A: F4 into whatever
B: B3 after conditioning them
C: Throws are still guaranteed.
D: You can still chip out with more Hellsparks or whatever your variation is and use their special etc...

Helter Skelter

CHIPPINGxTRAPPINGxZONING
+24 was stupid. It was literally the only real good thing about him for a time, but he's been improved so much since needing it. Hell, I'd be happy with it being +4 if Shinnok could have armor on Amulet Curse and have reverse trajectory on his Hell Blast.

The character is more than fine.

x-azeez

Bullet with your name on it
+24 was stupid. It was literally the only real good thing about him for a time, but he's been improved so much since needing it. Hell, I'd be happy with it being +4 if Shinnok could have armor on Amulet Curse and have reverse trajectory on his Hell Blast.

The character is more than fine.

That's a good idea ... i wonder why they didn't gave him a reverse trajectory on his hell blast.

Helter Skelter

CHIPPINGxTRAPPINGxZONING
The few changes I would like for Shinnok are:

UNIVERSAL SUGGESTIONS

<<<D,B+2+Block (HELL BLAST) to have reverse trajectory. Projectiles to start where Hell Sparks end and travel back towards Shinnok. Frame data adjusted to match HELL SPARKS>>

<<B,F+1 (AMULET STRIKE) to become -5f on block>>

<< B,F+1+Block (AMULET CURSE) to become -5f on block but gain armor>>

IMPOSTOR SUGGESTIONS

<<Overhaul the selection of stolen moves>>

BONE SHAPER SUGGESTIONS

<<F+3,1,D+2,U+2, (BRUTE STRENGTH) and F+4,1,D+2,U+2 (KONQUER ALL) to become a Brutality of some sort >>

Maybe those two strings he could cause your body to split in half and the two halves go flying.

---

The character in his current form is almost complete in regard to the usage of his current tools. Just refinements now.

Last edited: