What's new

General/Other - Shinnok Shinnok General Discussion Thread

True Grave

Giving The Gift Of Graves
Now with MB Hell Spark being +14 from +24 just killed his whole pressure game. You were always able to armor through because his F2 had a 17 frame startup. Especially if you ran after the MB Hell Spark.

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
Now with MB Hell Spark being +14 from +24 just killed his whole pressure game. You were always able to armor through because his F2 had a 17 frame startup. Especially if you ran after the MB Hell Spark.
We still have time to do the F4 if you MB the first hit instead of the second.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
The nerf was warranted. I was actually expecting it to be nerfed to +9, so +14 is great imo. I'm also glad he wasn't over nerfed, since that was a real possibility based on the crying, lol.

Wemfs

The only morality in a cruel world is chance.
The nerf seems fine to me. We can't get guaranteed pressure after meter burning the last hit, but at least we can still make strings safe.

Remember when we couldn't even MB Hell Sparks on block guys? ;p

I bet we'll still be able to get guaranteed pressure after meter burning the first hit though.

Braindead

The nerf seems fine to me. We can't get guaranteed pressure after meter burning the last hit, but at least we can still make strings safe.

Remember when we couldn't even MB Hell Sparks on block guys? ;p

I bet we'll still be able to get guaranteed pressure after meter burning the first hit though.
With BS you still get a full F41D2 after a MB'ed first spark on block, and if you're sneaky you can do F31D2 instead of F41D2 because it does 1% more chip.

Paul the Octopus

Slow Starter
We still have time to do the F4 if you MB the first hit instead of the second.
Are you sure about this? I just tested this, and the f4 didn't seem guaranteed (computer set to reversal backdash got out), but it's possible i messed up during testing...

Edit: to clarify, the issue is that mb the first hit leaves them out of range of the f4, and the walk forward and then f4 seems to take longer than 14 frames, if i did it correctly

Mmm iunno, I feel like after you land the MB if you're far away that's it lol. Otherwise you risk getting annihilated by an armour move.

For Imposter anyway, obviously BS has combos of f4.

Sultan

Kitana, Scorpion
In Boneshaper, Shinnok can still perform a long block string with his f41d2~Hell Sparks(1 hit), run forward, f41d2~Hell Sparks(1 hit), run forward... etc

Only thing is the timing between meterburning hell sparks, forward running and pressing f4 is very tight now, like 2-frame link timing or tighter. You can get up to 5 reps of the f41d2 block string though, which is nice. I tested this against the computer with it set to always block and reversal scepter launch.

I'm going to miss jailing the opponent into b3 though off of hell sparks~mb...

EDIT:
beat me to it, lol

Paul the Octopus

Slow Starter
I should have clarified - I was talking about imposter. If you do f4 or d4 to mb hell sparks and try to f4 afterward, they seem to be able to armor through if I've tested this correctly. The mb pushes you too far away so you have to walk or run forward and then f4... and this seems to take more than 14 frames.

Again, it's possible I'm testing this wrong, but that's what i've found so far

Helter Skelter

CHIPPINGxTRAPPINGxZONING
As a Shinnok main I have no beef with this change. The character might of needed this when he was ass, but he isn't anymore. The nerf was warranted.

It doesn't take too much away from our game, we can still run block string but it also balances out Impostor's chip game.

Braindead

I should have clarified - I was talking about imposter. If you do f4 or d4 to mb hell sparks and try to f4 afterward, they seem to be able to armor through if I've tested this correctly. The mb pushes you too far away so you have to walk or run forward and then f4... and this seems to take more than 14 frames.

If he gets a guaranteed F4 in Bone Shaper that means he gets it in impostor too. The link just seems pretty tight now so it's your execution.

Sultan

Kitana, Scorpion

The timing is just very tight. It's possible in all variations. Unfortunately only Boneshaper has the string out of f4...

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
MB Shoulder has a set-up in Boneshaper, I don't know if it has been mentioned. After MB Shoulder, you can get a guaranteed MB Scepter Quake. Which means if they don't breaker the 2nd hit of MB Shoulder (it's 3 hits, shoulder hits twice, then 1 semi hellspark), then that's 26% guaranteed damage, great to end round with. If they DO break, then that's a great meter trade, 1 bar for their 2. Been trying to find other guaranteed Scepter Quake set-ups, this is the best one I've found so far.

Damn, as a strictly Imposter only main I'm salty. But then again when I think about it, I really only went for the full f22 blockstring when I had 3 bars. You could still definitely get away with a dash up f4.

Braindead

MB Shoulder has a set-up in Boneshaper, I don't know if it has been mentioned. After MB Shoulder, you can get a guaranteed MB Scepter Quake. Which means if they don't breaker the 2nd hit of MB Shoulder (it's 3 hits, shoulder hits twice, then 1 semi hellspark), then that's 26% guaranteed damage, great to end round with. If they DO break, then that's a great meter trade, 1 bar for their 2. Been trying to find other guaranteed Scepter Quake set-ups, this is the best one I've found so far.
Yeah that's been known for a while.

You get another guaranteed Quake after a B1 but who the hell does b1.

A good set up for a pound is after ending a combo wit hell sparks. It's not guaranteed but it does catch people off guard.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Yeah that's been known for a while.

You get another guaranteed Quake after a B1 but who the hell does b1.

A good set up for a pound is after ending a combo wit hell sparks. It's not guaranteed but it does catch people off guard.
I have literally never seen anyone do it. Idk why, it's actually pretty good. Can you get a B1 set-up to end a combo and then get a Quake? They always seem to fall quicker and get up quicker after the combo is too long.

Braindead

I have literally never seen anyone do it. Idk why, it's actually pretty good. Can you get a B1 set-up to end a combo and then get a Quake? They always seem to fall quicker and get up quicker after the combo is too long.
How many Bone Shapers have you seen in the past 2 months anyway?
The other reason you don't see it is because you never have 2 bars ;_; lol

I doubt the B1 having enough advantage during a combo. A naked B1 has like 40-45 frames of hit advantage so you get a guaranteed pound, but I don't think you have that much after a combo.