What's new

General/Other - Shinnok Shinnok General Discussion Thread

RM_NINfan101

Nine Inch Nails fan from Metro Detroit, Michigan
Yeah... I would definitely say Mileena gives him problems to a certain extent. You can't play that matchup without diligence and patience.

I struggle a ton against her wackiness.

RM slacked

Shinnok trash from Canada.
am i the only one that still thinks that impostor is the best? its really just pick your brand of bullshit but i still feel like impostor is slightly better. not to the point where it matters which one you pick tho
Right now I'm liking bone shaper because of the resets and neutral string, but honestly my heart is still with impostor, being my day 1 main and all.

RM Jonnitti

Hot Dog
Right now I'm liking bone shaper because of the resets and neutral string, but honestly my heart is still with impostor, being my day 1 main and all.
the reset in impostor is WAY better. you may get slightly more damage in boner shaper. you still get a restand and you're at +8 years and you can you can delay when you do your mixup for a while so they can't "fuzzy" it even if its "fuzzyable" (not saying it is but people at one point were saying the impostor mixup is "fuzzyable"). also you can get guaranteed chip after landing a mimic which is higher than what boner shaper can do. i also feel like instant teleport is really good to do preemptively to punish people trying things from a distance that don't move them forward. you can't just throw it out there.

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
I still think Dark Beam will be nerfed on block to be more negative. It's too much for a fast projectile to be -4 point blank lol.

Altsa

Bone Shaper has that armored launcher into 30% combo and leaves opponent standing and you at +8. Coming from D'vorah, who has the most worthless armor move in the game, I've learned to value that scoop immensely.

Impostor gets negative points because Face Off brutality has no guaranteed setup. In Necromancer and Bone Shaper you can guarantee their specific brutality if you have enough meter.

In Impostor you need to lose 1 round(most annoying requirement in the game), opponent has to be standing on the ground and needs to have less than 2% life for the mimicry to actually get the last hit.

LavaG

Representing Gamers Republic GH
Bone Shaper has that armored launcher into 30% combo and leaves opponent standing and you at +8. Coming from D'vorah, who has the most worthless armor move in the game, I've learned to value that scoop immensely.

Impostor gets negative points because Face Off brutality has no guaranteed setup. In Necromancer and Bone Shaper you can guarantee their specific brutality if you have enough meter.

In Impostor you need to lose 1 round(most annoying requirement in the game), opponent has to be standing on the ground and needs to have less than 2% life for the mimicry to actually get the last hit.
That Face off brutality is so cool, i wish it had better requirements

LavaG

Representing Gamers Republic GH
the reset in impostor is WAY better. you may get slightly more damage in boner shaper. you still get a restand and you're at +8 years and you can you can delay when you do your mixup for a while so they can't "fuzzy" it even if its "fuzzyable" (not saying it is but people at one point were saying the impostor mixup is "fuzzyable"). also you can get guaranteed chip after landing a mimic which is higher than what boner shaper can do. i also feel like instant teleport is really good to do preemptively to punish people trying things from a distance that don't move them forward. you can't just throw it out there.
I personally think imposter is better when u can get a reset with both overhead and low from the special that is stolen, like with quanchi,scorpion, kotal khan(i love kotal best bcos of de damage:p) and others. Personally, i use imposter for those match ups and boneshaper for the rest. The safe strings in boneshaper are too good to ignore over imposter. Both are equally good for specific match ups.

RM Jonnitti

Hot Dog
I personally think imposter is better when u can get a reset with both overhead and low from the special that is stolen, like with quanchi,scorpion, kotal khan(i love kotal best bcos of de damage:p) and others. Personally, i use imposter for those match ups and boneshaper for the rest. The safe strings in boneshaper are too good to ignore over imposter. Both are equally good for specific match ups.
in some cases i dont think it matters because some of the characters you can't get vortex off of both overhead and lows have shitty wakeups (like sonya) and you can go for a knockdown mixup instead. the strings in bone shaper are definitely different and is certainly a better variation for button pressers. me personally, im not much of a button presser unless i see an opening. i also think the teleport is super underrated because i haven't seen anyone really use instant teleports on a hard read because they're scared to get popped. one of the first things i check people for is if ithey can reliably punish instant teleports. ive gotten a lot better with them since my lat tournament showing

RM_NINfan101

Nine Inch Nails fan from Metro Detroit, Michigan
I'd rather take the safe strings than risk fucking up a IATP and eating some kinda crazy damage or AA setup even though it's not that hard to do. Idk, it's really all a preference. Only variant I wouldn't use at this point until maybe it gets a few fixes (if it does) is Necro, because the other two just outshine it completely at this point. Flick is certainly not good and some female chars can still run past it, and you can backdash all of his stuff on reaction despite the tracking.