What's new

Saucy Jack is giving away money.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
I'd do it online for fun, but it teaches us nothing. You could block all 30, or get hit by all 30 and it could all be online voodoo. I'll do it with you for the lulz though. I'm not going to post the results though either way. #onlinehater #immajerk

no worries lol

I actually haven't booted injustice in ages. You are on sex box right?

Pnut

Mouth of the Illuminati
The only reason I didn't include that one, is because I personally am not proficient in doing it. The other 50/50s are easy. Stand in front of you and do a move. The Sinestro one requires practice on my part, and I'm busy training for UFGT.

Also, I have not personally done enough research on the Sinestro vortex to say with the certainty I say on the other ones. I agree with you that it most likely can't be seen, but until I've personally tested it like the others, I'm not going to make it a challenge.
I can do it for you at MLG and EVO if people are willing to take the challenge.

Paul the Octopus

Slow Starter
Hi kiddoes. Saucy Jack is here to give away free money. That's right. Free...Easy mode...money.

"Saucy Jack, are you crazy?"

I guess I must be to offer up such EZ MONEY.

"How do I get some of this EZ MONEY?"

Well it's simple. From today, until the end of 2014, anyone who wants free money needs to come up to me at ANY tournament I'm at, and say "Saucy, lemme get dat free money".

Rules of the challenge:

I put up $20 bucks. You put up $10. You choose between

NWs 50/50
KFs 50/50
BGs 50/50
WWs 50/50

Members on this forum say all the time "you can see it, block bro"

Well. Time to put your money where your mouths are. We go to the lab so you have no other distractions. I do the vortex 30 times. If you "can see it" you should block em all. For example, if I told you to block 30 straight normal jump ins, you'd block them all. Because you can see them. Just like these 50/50s you can "see".

But wait! I'm so nice, I'll give you human error. You only need to block 25 out of 30. I'm allowing you 5 free mistakes.

"But why are you putting up $20 to my $10?"

Because there is one last stipulation. If you lose, you must come to TYM and make the following thread.

Title: Saucy Jack Challenge

Body: I'm an idiot, and I couldn't see (insert char) s 50/50 even though I told people I could. Saucy Jack was right.

Could the money be any easier? Let's go you cocky forum monsters. You wanna tell people to level up and block, get at me. Come put up or shut up.

Edit: I'm not a millionaire. I can only weather 10 losses per tournament. I will take on all challengers until I get beat 10 times. Then you're going to have to catch me at the next tourney. :)
What do you think of adding MMH? I have a lot of trouble reacting to his 18 frame overhead b2. A lot of people say it's reactable but I can't do it consistently. Entirely possible I just suck though.

Paul the Octopus

Slow Starter
Anyone claiming they can react to an 18 frame overhead is absolutely full of shit

If Tokido and Daigo can't do it. Everyone else needs to shut the fuck up.
I totally agree with you - so it seems like a reasonable addition to this challenge, no? It's within one frame of KF's f3 so it seems appropriate to include.

I'm sick of people saying they block low to MMH and react to b2 lol.

The PantyChrist

Rest in Pantiez
The thing about mmh though is b1 and b2 is pretty fuzzyable. The problem comes when he has the barrage of other bullshit on the screen. Or his insta j1 or b1 is harder

Vagrant

Noob
I totally agree with you - so it seems like a reasonable addition to this challenge, no? It's within one frame of KF's f3 so it seems appropriate to include.

I'm sick of people saying they block low to MMH and react to b2 lol.
Yeah I guess it's reasonable. Just depends on if saucy wants to just keep it at the ones he's already listed. No point in adding too many mixups to the list when they all prove the same point.

Paul the Octopus

Slow Starter
The thing about mmh though is b1 and b2 is pretty fuzzyable. The problem comes when he has the barrage of other bullshit on the screen. Or his insta j1 or b1 is harder
Is it really fuzzyable? Cant MMH just delay the b1 and hit you when you switch to high block? Or just go for low Martian grab (unsafe yes but high enough reward that it's a viable option)?

The PantyChrist

Rest in Pantiez
I would have to double check but I almost thought his b2 was like 25 or 27 frames since it seems so slow. The animation itself is very unique as well. I'll check it out in the lab in about an hour

RM Truth

Unintentional Tier Whore Follow me @TruthRM
I would have to double check but I almost thought his b2 was like 25 or 27 frames since it seems so slow. The animation itself is very unique as well. I'll check it out in the lab in about an hour
B2 is 18 frames. B1 is like 10 or 11 frames I think.

Vagrant

Noob
http://getyourwebsitehere.com/jswb/rttest01.html

0.33 reaction times means you are reacting in 20 frames. Human average is somewhere along the lines of 0.25-0.3 so its not unreasonable to say these mixups are "unseeable"
Reacting in fighting games takes longer than that in the context of a match

There is a huge difference between knowing a green light is coming and hitting a button as soon as you see it, and reacting to something your opponent throws out and responding with an optimal counter to that specific move.

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
Reacting in fighting games takes longer than that in the context of a match

There is a huge difference between knowing a green light is coming and hitting a button as soon as you see it, and reacting to something your opponent throws out and responding with an optimal counter to that specific move.
or you can just block correctly 30 times and get paid...

Sajam

Nightwing In Retirement
Well there were several Nightwing players at the tournament that were iffy about trying it.
Yeah I mentioned why to Jack at the tournament.

It's too many attempts to really make sense. Plus, the problem with NW's 50/50 options isn't only the speed, it's that the situations you can do them in don't leave you open for any real mixup.

GGA Saucy Jack

The artist formerly known as ImNewbieSauce
Yeah I mentioned why to Jack at the tournament.

It's too many attempts to really make sense. Plus, the problem with NW's 50/50 options isn't only the speed, it's that the situations you can do them in don't leave you open for any real mixup.
I'm still confused on the number of attempts part.

My only question is "can you see it"

People say "yes"

If that is true you should be able to block all of them.

If I asked someone to block a straight up jump in attack everytime, they would. 100 out of 100.

So I guess I'm confused as to what number of attempts has to do with it.

4x4lo8o

Noob
I'm still confused on the number of attempts part.

My only question is "can you see it"

People say "yes"

If that is true you should be able to block all of them.

If I asked someone to block a straight up jump in attack everytime, they would. 100 out of 100.

So I guess I'm confused as to what number of attempts has to do with it.

I dunno what Steve is getting at exactly, but "Can you see it" isn't actually a yes or no question. Some stuff is harder to see than others, some stuff you can normally see but won't won't see in certain circumstances, and some things you might not be able to see at first but can train yourself to see. Some stuff you obviously just can't see, but some stuff might be difficult enough to see that you can see it sometimes but it's unrealistic to see every time.