What's new

Guide - A-List Run Cancel Frame Data

Death

Noob
113skrc is safe vs Cassie power kick but very tight to block. F2skrc into f2skrc on block doesn't work anymore or 114skrc to f2 doesn't work. I could be wrong but if someone can still do this please post the video because I want to see how quick that cancel will look.

Dizzy

False Information Police Officer
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Exactly annoyed how some fools who don't even main cage come in here and say their the same. They are different slightly.

113skrc is safe vs Cassie power kick but very tight to block. F2skrc into f2skrc on block doesn't work anymore or 114skrc to f2 doesn't work. I could be wrong but if someone can still do this please post the video because I want to see how quick that cancel will look
F2 SKRC F2 did not jail on block ever, if that's what you mean.

F2, while "technically" has 14f startup, it cannot hit standing opponents until frame 16 and crouching opponents until frame 17. There is a possibility you might be able to get it to hit at frame 15 with some strange hitbox things going on or vs tall chars like predator, but I can safely say from personally recording the frame data myself, that f2 cannot hit on frame 15 in most circumstances. So f2 skrc into f2 will not jail on block.

I made a post about this several pages back a couple weeks ago.

Dizzy

Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
21 pre patch = 2nd hit connected on frame 30
21 post patch = 2nd hit connected on frame 25

Both pre patch and post patch first hit connects on frame 10.

So for whatever reason the 2nd hit was sped up, probably is a little better at armor breaking (still not as good as 12 though) but harder to hit confirm with now.

Dizzy

Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
@Death

A quick follow up since I am home to test for a few before heading to the arcade.

I was able to get F3 SKRC F2 to jail on a crouch blocking opponent. This is certified just frame that I tested pre-patch when doing the run cancel frame data. So this should confirm you have all the same frame advantage as prepatch with SKRC.

Apologies for the multiple posts in a row, but it really all had to do with different subjects :)

Disasterpiese

it's not over when you lose, it'over when you quit
F2 SKRC F2 did not jail on block ever, if that's what you mean.

F2, while "technically" has 14f startup, it cannot hit standing opponents until frame 16 and crouching opponents until frame 17. There is a possibility you might be able to get it to hit at frame 15 with some strange hitbox things going on or vs tall chars like predator, but I can safely say from personally recording the frame data myself, that f2 cannot hit on frame 15 in most circumstances. So f2 skrc into f2 will not jail on block.

I made a post about this several pages back a couple weeks ago.
are you doing the run cancels the exact same way as rafaw, at the last hit of the string?
BTW i found something with johnny's njp, if i jump and at the exact same time slide my finger across 1 and then 2 its an instant overhead (of topic i know...)

Asodimazze

https://twitter.com/AlfioZacco
I'm am finally able to get the f2SKRC, f2 combo again. With some more practice I'm sure we'll be able to do everything, just like Dizzy and Xinox.

I'm noticing that the moment in which one can buffer run is different now. The buffer window in which one can input run after doing any move fells smaller, and this is noticeable even when doing normal run combos like f24, 12, run, 12, f3xxnutpunch. Am I the only one that noted this?
I have no way to prove it, but maybe the problems regarding the SKRC execution are related to that smaller window; some of use were probably inputting ffR2 a few frames earlier than what the game now accepts.

Dizzy

Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
are you doing the run cancels the exact same way as rafaw, at the last hit of the string?
BTW i found something with johnny's njp, if i jump and at the exact same time slide my finger across 1 and then 2 its an instant overhead (of topic i know...)
Jump attacks are mid on the way up.

Disasterpiese

it's not over when you lose, it'over when you quit
Jump attacks are mid on the way up.
jep didn't knew that tested it you are right my bad sorry but could you maybe answer my first queastion about how you are doing the skrc please, i am really trying to compete with a bunch of friends who almost only play high tier characters.. and want to prove that johnny is still viable against with only more skill, want to start up a scene too in Amsterdam.

rafaw

#YouSuck
I'm am finally able to get the f2SKRC, f2 combo again. With some more practice I'm sure we'll be able to do everything, just like Dizzy and Xinox.

I'm noticing that the moment in which one can buffer run is different now. The buffer window in which one can input run after doing any move fells smaller, and this is noticeable even when doing normal run combos like f24, 12, run, 12, f3xxnutpunch. Am I the only one that noted this?
I have no way to prove it, but maybe the problems regarding the SKRC execution are related to that smaller window; some of use were probably inputting ffR2 a few frames earlier than what the game now accepts.
Yesterday i was able to play for some time, and the skrc feels the same to me right now! i can do everything like i used to do.

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
Its a mid on the way up, have to reach the apex of the jump for overheads. On another note though instant jump forward 4 is fast, mid and looks really stupid but is only like -2 or -3 on block. Is pretty good as you can backdash off it or EX nut punch, use it to bait stuff.

rafaw

#YouSuck
can someone really break it down on how to get these cancels closer to perfect. i do play on stick if that makes a difference.
Better way to get consistent close to perfect cancels: input your string, lets say 113, wait for the 3 to start and then input bf4(hold 4)~f,f+block into f2/f3/21/113.
The timing changes from string to string, but the goal is to use the bf4~ff+block allways together without a pause between bf4 and ff+block, to do that you have to wait until the last moments of the cancels window in the first string to input the skrc.

Dont know if i made myself clear there hehe.

omooba

fear the moobs
A compilation of all my notes on A List specific cancels after Johnny's key normal's and strings while also going into applications with both.

Things to keep in mind: SKRC stands for Shadow Kick (BF4) Run Cancel and they are spectacular for gaining meter when used during pressure. All numbers represent values on block unless specified to be on hit.

F3SKRC+15, allows you to jail into F24 on block if frame perfect or even go into 11 (shouldn't allow them to mash out without using meter since 11 starts up in 20 frames if I recall) stagger pressure.

F3RC~+11, can be used on whiff to avoid a beefy punish. You can buffer F3SKRC on whiff and still get F3RC.

F2SKRC+15, amazing for pressure as it allows 11 to jail on block or go into another F24 if frame perfect.

F24SKRC~+9, also great for keeping the pressure going against people who are adept at blocking it. Also possible to cancel a bit later than optimal and still beat out 6 frame pokes with F3 (have not tried with F2), incredible useful.

D4SKRC~+6, also useful for quickly initiating your frame trap game by going into either F3SKRC, F24 or going for a quick tick throw.

114SKRC~+20, go ham with the frame advantage, use it to go into 11 pressure, chip, throws etc.

113SKRC+1, extremely difficult to get consistently but you're still able to remain safe even if it's not perfect from all punishes. Note: Go into 113 Enhanced Forceballs to get +4 frame advantage (8 frame gap so be wary).

4SKRC~+20 something, the advantage after run canceling is beefy, even 4SKDC (Dash Cancel) is +5 on block.

Something to keep in mind while playing neutral: Johnny's max poking range is from starting distance with F3, use it to go into his pressure or slowly walk in and poke with D4, you can get into this range by taking two steps forward from max distance and then running towards your opponent to that ideal range and still have enough stamina left over for F3SKRC.

I'll keep updating the thread with more info as time goes on but for now enjoy having some numbers!
is this on block or on hit?

Bilbo11

Noob
Better way to get consistent close to perfect cancels: input your string, lets say 113, wait for the 3 to start and then input bf4(hold 4)~f,f+block into f2/f3/21/113.
The timing changes from string to string, but the goal is to use the bf4~ff+block allways together without a pause between bf4 and ff+block, to do that you have to wait until the last moments of the cancels window in the first string to input the skrc.

Dont know if i made myself clear there hehe.
is THIS on hit or block or does the timing change for every string, hit and block.

rafaw

#YouSuck
is THIS on hit or block or does the timing change for every string, hit and block.
On hit and on block the timing changes a bit, for every string, but its almost the same, you can just start the bf4,ff+block right before the last hit of the string your canceling hit.

Death

Noob
4skrc is the only one I can get f2 to jail with. 114 skrc is not +20. F2 doesn't jail. At least not vs Cassie ex flip kick reversal

Asodimazze

https://twitter.com/AlfioZacco
4skrc is the only one I can get f2 to jail with. 114 skrc is not +20. F2 doesn't jail. At least not vs Cassie ex flip kick reversal
114 SKRC, F3 SKRC, B34 SKRC all jail into F2.
It's VERY hard (so hard that I never managed to pull it off with F3 and B34), but according to Dizzy's frame data it is possible.

rafaw

#YouSuck
4skrc is for sure more than 20... it easily jail into f2, 114/B34/F3 skrc is really hard to jail, they are all around +17 if frame perfect, and f2 is 15f, so its really hard to make it jail.

Death

Noob
I can't play at the moment...do you really need a video? I accept that you doubt me, but I wouldn't doubt Dizzy's testings :DOGE
No its not doubt at all. I just want to see what the cancel looks like. I try and go as quick as I can but F2 just never jails of a F3 or 114

Snap4

SN4P4
Ended up dropping Johnny (A-List specifically) because I could not get the cancels down to any consistency for 2~3 weeks... well I could consistently fail if that counts. If I can't get his cancels at all in training mode against a standing mindless bot, I can't even imagine how I would be able to do them in a live match.

Not raging or anything, he's just too execution heavy for me to accomplish his main strategy in A-List. Sucks because I really liked the nutpunch restand, so I may commit to Stunt Double if the nut punch feeling returns.