What's new

Guide - A-List Run Cancel Frame Data

rafaw

#YouSuck
Yeah i know you said this earlier, we cant assume that though, the animation for standing 2 on its own seems really fast, maybe they just made this way to look like its hitting harder or something when they looked into hitboxes. Ideally we need some solid evidence rather than just going by what we all think.
Sure, thats why i said it "feels" faster, just something that we need to look closer into to check if they changed frames or not.

Asodimazze

https://twitter.com/AlfioZacco
I'm able to do the run cancels now, but the execution is different I'm sure. Can't tell what was changed, but getting accustomed to it will take a while for me...I'm making many mistakes. What are your thoughts guys?

zoofs

bless
I'm able to do the run cancels now, but the execution is different I'm sure. Can't tell what was changed, but getting accustomed to it will take a while for me...I'm making many mistakes. What are your thoughts guys?
its better but still sorta bad, I'm assuming there will be more changes but if there isn't then I think his block advantage will be hindered greatly tbh

I'm not used to it either, but this is the first day I've played the game since the patch hit.

Muscle memory of holding block is killing me. I'll keep practicing but I may have to stick with Cassie and SD Cage for now.

EDIT: Nevermind, it feels the same on PS4 now. Before I was playing on PC, which might be a hotfix behind.

Last edited:

rafaw

#YouSuck
Its working fine for me now, but the 4 frames of delay to start the run bug is something we can feel in some cases, 114 not jailing into f2 so easy as before, the cancel have to be a bit closer to perfect now to jail.

Killer Xinok

"Online is your forte!" - A Wise Man, 2015
There's no 4 frames of delay to cancel the shadow kick.. I'm still doing f34rc f34rc f34rc a true blockstring.. and its +11, there's would be no way to be true blockstring if it had the 4 frames of delay to cancel it

kelevra

Steel cable bungee jumper
There's no 4 frames of delay to cancel the shadow kick.. I'm still doing f34rc f34rc f34rc a true blockstring.. and its +11, there's would be no way to be true blockstring if it had the 4 frames of delay to cancel it
You are mistaken because you do 3->4rc and no skrc.
The skrc is what causes the delay.

kelevra

Steel cable bungee jumper
Oh, you're right. But also the other cancels that I use SK are as good as before. I didn't feel the delay.
Try the following: f3skdc
You will see the startup for much longer than prepatch.
I took that to the lab and before the patch you could immediatley dash out, now there is a slight delay, wich is caused by the bug i guess.

Death

Noob
I took that to the lab and before the patch you could immediatley dash out, now there is a slight delay, wich is caused by the bug i guess.
They didnt fix the bug yet? I did notice the cancels are better now but not as good as pre patch. It seems to have a bit of a delay when cancelling. I wonder if the OP will update this thread with the new post patch RC data?

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
They didnt fix the bug yet? I did notice the cancels are better now but not as good as pre patch. It seems to have a bit of a delay when cancelling. I wonder if the OP will update this thread with the new post patch RC data?
They fixed it so you can buffer dash out of special moves again, but dont think you can buffer run as quickly so you have to hit block perfectly on frame 1 of dashing, or you drop advantage. Some say its fixed, others say its different, some people say theres a fix coming... I just dropped A list for the time being until this crap gets a final word from NRS, im not gonna learn a new timing for my BNB combos and blockstrings every week.

Asodimazze

I'm not sure that is a 4 frame delay causing this. The cancels feel weird but maybe is just that the execution requirements are different...I don't understand really. @16 Bit can you tell us why this happens? It's kinda unfair to relearn everything again because of an unknown reason.

I have many execution troubles, can't get B34SKRC to jail into F2SKRC....or f24SKRC to jail in 12.
There is surely something strange.

Last edited:

RyuKazuya

Jesus is my Lord and Savior!
i agree there is a longer time to wait thats what it feels to me. But i am glad that b34 and standing 4 are still true block strings even though b34 skrc 11 feels tight to combine into a true blockstring.
And i dont know why but i have trouble pulling off 113 skrc 113 skrc 113 db3. I drop it way too often

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
I know right its a shame because I have been working on A list for a while now and to see this happen is not right. Especially since the character is really hard to play and you need a lot of execution while some other top tier characters are super braindead and easier to use. sigh
Ive been maining SD since the game came out and then put like the last month and a half into just A list. Last saturday at a tournament I planned on using A list and couldnt do any cancels properly on the monitor they used. Day 1 liu kang main having the same issues so we both ended up playing secondary variations/characters the whole day, so this is kind of the nail in the coffin for my A list having to alter my timing again and again.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
I'm not sure that is a 4 frame delay causing this. The cancels feel weird but maybe is just that the execution requirements are different...I don't understand really. @16 Bit can you tell us why this happens? It's kinda unfair to relearn everything again because of an unknown reason.

I have many execution troubles, can't get B34SKRC to jail into F2SKRC....or f24SKRC to jail in 12.
There is surely something strange.

The hotfix that returns run cancels back to how they were is only out on ps4 now. Xbox will be out soon.

Once you have the Xbox hotfix you'll be fine.

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
The hotfix that returns run cancels back to how they were is only out on ps4 now. Xbox will be out soon.

So we will be back to monday morning run cancels, and we dont have 4 frames of delay and can buffer run straight from a cancel?

Asodimazze

No, I'm on PS4. I know you fixed the run cancels somehow, because now I can do stuff that I couldn't after the patch was out...but is still not the same as before the patch.
I just want to understand what changed. I'm not inventing anything, the execution is not the same anymore, I have troubles doing stuff that I used to do easily. Is this because of the option select fix? Did the execution change?

I can't do the cancels as fast as before

Killer Xinok

I don't know why you guys don't practice to do execution as it is required now, I do the cancels as before, you know that there's a way to do it.. But you just want to make it easier? Cage is a hard-to-play character, you don't want anyone using it :confused:

Last edited:

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
I don't know why you guys don't train to do execution as it is required now, I do the cancels as before, you know that there's a way to do it.. But you just want to make it easier? Cage is a hard-to-play character, you don't want anyone using it :confused:
Dude as the "Best cage in the world" you really dont see how the cancels are no longer as + on block as before? We lost a lot of blockstrings and pressure options, it wasnt just the timing changed, we used to be able to run cancel on the first frame every time. Now we have to dash cancel and then push block on frame 1, we can rarely leave enough stamina for double cancels on block or in combos, and our advantage is not as good.
Show me a video of you doing 113SKRC on block and being + frames beat out 8 frame move with your d1. Cage was hard to play already, expecting us to do a frame perfect dash cancel and a frame perfect run and then get the followup string out of the run frame perfect is pretty funny and I dont believe that you can do any of it.

Killer Xinok

Dude as the "Best cage in the world" you really dont see how the cancels are no longer as + on block as before? We lost a lot of blockstrings and pressure options, it wasnt just the timing changed, we used to be able to run cancel on the first frame every time. Now we have to dash cancel and then push block on frame 1, we can rarely leave enough stamina for double cancels on block or in combos, and our advantage is not as good.
Show me a video of you doing 113SKRC on block and being + frames beat out 8 frame move with your d1. Cage was hard to play already, expecting us to do a frame perfect dash cancel and a frame perfect run and then get the followup string out of the run frame perfect is pretty funny and I dont believe that you can do any of it.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6K0-ACa5lg
A ft10 from yesterday, I didn't ran out of stamina anytime.. And the pressure is still going on.. It was online tho, nevermind the mistakes.

Asodimazze

I don't know why you guys don't practice to do execution as it is required now, I do the cancels as before, you know that there's a way to do it.. But you just want to make it easier? Cage is a hard-to-play character, you don't want anyone using it :confused:
Xinox can you do 114SKRC, f24 and jail the opponent? Or F3SKRC, F2? or f2SKRC,f2 combo? If you can, it means that is still possible and I will practice the required execution.

You have great skills and I know that, but are also lucky that your personal method of doing cancels works just as before because something is definetely different now.