Rumor/Possible Spoilers: Mortal Kombat X Speculation General Discussion

Leak might be real?

• Totally!

• No, it's fake!

• Doubtful...

• I don't care.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Saint Op Omen

Savagely beating his super-ego with his id...
Yeah main thing is why black out anything besides the fact that there is no way to get a pic of them to put there...

Osmedirez

MK Konspiracy Theorist
I'm starting to think that but look at Shinnok...
Yeah, LOOK at Shinnok.. he's oddly all red. Which he wasn't in the story trailer. THAT if nothing else is odd, is there a super red Shinnok in the OT they could have used for that?

And a red Shinnok makes sense if he's either the big bad or being possessed by a formless big bad..

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
The Erron Black photo is taken straight from the trailer(hint: Go look at the Kast Rumors thread, it has the same picture of Erron but with the actual trailer background).

Another reason this is totally fake.

DavS13

Noob
Not gonna say legit, but this is pretty believable considering we all expected these characters to be in anyways...

Saint Op Omen

Yeah, LOOK at Shinnok.. he's oddly all red. Which he wasn't in the story trailer. THAT if nothing else is odd, is there a super red Shinnok in the OT they could have used for that?

And a red Shinnok makes sense if he's either the big bad or being possessed by a formless big bad..
Image search him.. All his old front facing pic are in red....

Osmedirez

MK Konspiracy Theorist
Image search him.. All his old front facing pic are in red....
I did. Couldn't find one where the texture AND colors matched. Also many of the 'full red' ones still had a 'break' at the shoulders into another color, which should be visible in this photo. Still.. it seems more fake than real to me at this point. Just a stickler for detail. ^_^

Decay

King of the Bill
Jax is the same as this, just with a color filter on top and a grain over everything to mask the differences. Also, why do you think the other pictures are blackened out? Because the person doing the forgery doesn't have any more pictures to steal from leaks and story trailers lol.

I'm gonna' say fake. The two biggest clues immediately apparent are the fact that Goro looks obviously digitally undarkened, and Mileenas head is huge compared to the matching scale of all the legit characters.

Saint Op Omen

I did. Couldn't find one where the texture AND colors matched. Also many of the 'full red' ones still had a 'break' at the shoulders into another color, which should be visible in this photo. Still.. it seems more fake than real to me at this point. Just a stickler for detail. ^_^
Yeah looks like he did do some color work on some of the individual pics too...

SenSx

Noob
It is fake, all the pics of the characters are from the trailer...
And he just hided the others because he did not have good quality renders for them lol

SenSx

Noob
So disapointed by the roster !
It is ass...
If the leak is true, it will be a nightmare.

why so many special forces humans ?
Why so many good guys and so few bad ones ?
What is the point of having a fighting game if half of the roster is composed of friends ?
Lets just rejoy be happy and make love, who needs to fight to the death ?

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Hey remember that time this image was fake?

Yeah that's this time.

Watch me do it. ME. I have no fucking image expertise and I managed to recreate the base of this in 5 minutes.

EXHIBIT A:
I took a screenshot from Kombat Kast 4. Go to the time on the video itself if you want to check. I slowed it down to 0.25 time and screenshotted it as close as I could get.

EXHIBIT B:
I probably would've been better taking a lower-res screenshot to go with the original image but I'm not that interested in recreating the full thing. Put it into Paint and cropped it to match the original images dimensions. Took it into some shitty Microsoft image software, shoved the brightness and contrast bars all the way up and edited the colour a little. Kept the original image below it for comparison. Bada-fucking-bing, bada-fucking-boom. Here's the base of your image, it's not perfect but it's close enough:

Please stop.

Edit: Goddamnit NightTrauma lmao.