Rumor/Possible Spoilers: Mortal Kombat X Speculation General Discussion

Leak might be real?

• Totally!

• No, it's fake!

• Doubtful...

• I don't care.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Montanx

Thats why they call this thing bloodsport, kid.
Yeah, it's even in the pictures for the preorder
Has it been confirmed the Kombat Pack is 2 MK characters, 2 guest characters?
Nowhere in that pic nor in the tweet or the article does it say 2 guests and 2 classics. I understand that is says character(S) but I wouldn't hold them to that like it's the word of god. I dont think they are scrutinizing the usage of plural in the word. It's just an advertisement, there could very well just be 1 guest and 3 classics. I'll even point out that the article says exactly that "if it's like the mk9 and injustice packs, we will see 1 guest and 3 returns.".

I'm not sayin it's for sure one way or the other, but the pic and tweet was presented as some kind of evidence wich I don't see it as. I'd even go so far as to say its likely there will only be 1 guest in the pack.

aldazo

Waiting for Havik
Nowhere in that pic nor in the tweet or the article does it say 2 guests and 2 classics. I understand that is says character(S) but I wouldn't hold them to that like it's the word of god. I dont think they are scrutinizing the usage of plural in the word. It's just an advertisement, there could very well just be 1 guest and 3 classics. I'll even point out that the article says exactly that "if it's like the mk9 and injustice packs, we will see 1 guest and 3 returns.".

I'm not sayin it's for sure one way or the other, but the pic and tweet was presented as some kind of evidence wich I don't see it as. I'd even go so far as to say its likely there will only be 1 guest in the pack.
But there are only 4 chars, so guest(S) characters mean 2 or more, but then it says klassic(S) kombatant(S), so it has to be 2 and 2.

Spinky

Neutral Skipper
Dude also says that each character has 3-4 skins, Sindel "could" be playable, and that Tremor is planned DLC (unsurprisingly).

This guy needs to spill some concrete beans over the next 24 hours, stop giving me blue balls.

Pizza

Thrill Kill
I guess it would be story mode only?

They're doing the same thing they did in Injustice with Demian Wayne, John Stewart, Cyborg-Superman...?

Montanx

Thats why they call this thing bloodsport, kid.
But there are only 4 chars, so guest(S) characters mean 2 or more, but then it says klassic(S) kombatant(S), so it has to be 2 and 2.
Yes, my entire post was explaining that the presence of the (S) was not to be taken as stone cold hard fact. It could just be how the ad was phrased. It's like If I handed you 1 carrot and 2 apples and said "here's some carrots and apples" yea sure grammatically you could take me to task but it's not something I'm gonna lose sleep over.

aldazo

Waiting for Havik
Yes, my entire post was explaining that the presence of the (S) was not to be taken as stone cold hard fact. It could just be how the ad was phrased. It's like If I handed you 1 carrot and 2 apples and said "here's some carrots and apples" yea sure grammatically you could take me to task but it's not something I'm gonna lose sleep over.
Oh, I don't think they are that casual when selling their products, but who knows really.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
I think the mistake they made was not releasing the returning characters first. They have many new characters but released 4 of them right away. They should've oy shown like 2, say Cassie and Kotal, and all the old people like Reptile, Sonya, Lao, etc already. Then Ferra/Torr and D'Vorah with the later reveals like the Generation X kids were.

That way people wouldn't feel like there aren't enough new characters and actually appreciate how many we are getting.

JLU51306

Bzzzt *Paging Doctor Fate*
He also says:
"Listen up guys, the guy who showed me the leaked photos 2 weeks ago also gave me info & said Rain makin a return & has cool costumes & moves"
Was this UMK, Fantim, or someone else, because I've been lost as to who's been leaking what these days?

Dark

Noob
The guy who leaked Jax, Sonya and Cage says this is Liu Kang.

He's guessing. He thought that was a Rain costume earlier today.

He only knows the information he was given by his source, which as far as we know is just the pictures and a statement that Rain is playable with cool costumes and variations.

It's not very smart of him to be posting a bunch of speculation etc, because even though it doesn't really change anything, it makes some people think he's less reliable.

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
Oh look, people who still think Sonya and Johnny won't be playable. That's cute. Y'all should really just mentally prepare yourselves right now.

Edit: I don't know why I'm surprised, there's probably still people who think Mileena isn't playable. God help us.

if cyber smoke isnt in this game, I will burn every copy of mkx and destroy every video game console in the world. fucking jackylin briggs and cassie cage AND johnny sonya and jax? WHAT THE FUCK?!

JLU51306

Bzzzt *Paging Doctor Fate*
if cyber smoke isnt in this game, I will burn every copy of mkx and destroy every video game console in the world. fucking jackylin briggs and cassie cage AND johnny sonya and jax? WHAT THE FUCK?!
I feel like Cyber Smoke will be DLC since he missed the boat with MK9. Who knows, though.

Need we remind everyone that UMK3 literally had TEN WHOLE CHARACTERS that were LITERAL PALLET SWAPS? Not to mention the pallette swap Cyborg characters, one of which was a pallete swap of a human ninja?
Those pallet swap characters are all the greatest fictional characters ever designed, I would rather have mkx be just every male/female/robo ninja then have this jackylin briggs horsecrap

I hate it when people say stuff like this. There's always been a story to Mortal Kombat and it's characters. NetherRealm Studios' past few games have proved that fighting games can have a great story; and it's cool. Story IS important. Story SHOULD matter. I hate it when devs try to brush off the story in their games (it doesn't even have to be a fighting game; shooters often brush off the story like it doesn't matter, and gives players a crappy, generic, short campaign).

As a big MK fan, a just big fan of gaming in general, I think I can safely say that the story and lore behind a video game series does, in-fact, matter.
Like most things, in the end, it's just a matter of preference I suppose. Look at all the people that were dead at the end of MK9. Should none of those characters be in MKX? If you really think they shouldn't, again, that's your preference and I don't care to convince you otherwise.

I want a solid MK fighting game with relatable characters and sound balance / mechanics. I don't care to read a book or watch a movie.

Gamer68

Fujin!
Like most things, in the end, it's just a matter of preference I suppose. Look at all the people that were dead at the end of MK9. Should none of those characters be in MKX? If you really think they shouldn't, again, that's your preference and I don't care to convince you otherwise.

I want a solid MK fighting game with relatable characters and sound balance / mechanics. I don't care to read a book or watch a movie.
I want some of those characters to be in MKX; I like Johnny, Sonya, and the others that are rumored to be in. I think they do deserve a place in MKX.

But I wouldn't say story doesn't matter, because it does. Think about what MK would be like without and story or lore. We would just be like "Scorpion is a yellow ninja, Sub-Zero is blue ninja. I think they hate each other or something", or "Kotal Kahn? Is he the son of Shao Kahn?".

D

Deleted member 35141

The fact that you only buy the game cause of one character maybe you should find another game