What's new

Rumor/Possible Spoilers: Mortal Kombat X Speculation General Discussion

Leak might be real?

• Totally!

• No, it's fake!

• Doubtful...

• I don't care.

Results are only viewable after voting.
It's a fighting game. Who cares about story lines?

I think they should take Bowser out of every single mario game because he fell in the lava in super mario brothers for NES. Story line doesn't make sense otherwise.

Video games don't need to be stories, comics, or movies. They just need to be fun games.

Monkey take princess. Monkey bad. Go fight monkey. The end.

Maybe I'm just showing my age.

LinKueiLegend

The true Grandmaster

I think they should take Bowser out of every single mario game because he fell in the lava in super mario brothers for NES. Story line doesn't make sense otherwise.

Video games don't need to be stories, comics, or movies. They just need to be fun games.

That's all personal preference my friend. I for one enjoy the story greatly and will play it like crazy.

D

Deleted member 35141

The lore in MK is what makes it stand out from other fighters though, NRS gives us a so much content in their games other fighting games don't even match up content wise.
Maybe I don't get your bowser comment but look at it this way say bowser survives but not put in the sequels that wouldn't make sense. Just like Johnny and sonya survived mk9 but they shouldn't be in the sequel I don't get that

Wait... you mean my opinions aren't facts? dang.. I've been doing the internet wrong for a long time. :(

Well if you enjoy the lore, then you get a fighter that's void of some really cool characters (in my opinion). :)

Kenshi is stupid - fact.

SaJa

FH_FenriR
The layout of the select screen besides the top half has changed both in # of slots and placement and has the ability to be extremely fluid unlike the last 2 games where it was designed into a corner without changing everything... You can easily fit more into this one with out any issue...
Yes, but it was always the same amount of character am I wrong ?

Saint Op Omen

Savagely beating his super-ego with his id...
Yes, but it was always the same amount of character am I wrong ?
they added 2 with the random and goro spots...but its super easy to add more with this layout...but without all the slots filled there has been no need to so we wouldn't know...

jamessmk

I am your god
I am gonna call it now Cage, Sonya, Cassie family will if not Johnny, all of them be the most important people in the whole MK universe after all is said and done. I have a feeling Johnny and Cassie will share some crazy importance beyond what we all "think" In fact go back and watch MK 9 Cage ending

I am gonna call it now Cage, Sonya, Cassie family will if not Johnny, all of them be the most important people in the whole MK universe after all is said and done. I have a feeling Johnny and Cassie will share some crazy importance beyond what we all "think" In fact go back and watch MK 9 Cage ending
i heard somewhere Johnny gets uber powers from somewhere and becomes powerful beyond Imagination. like Johnny "The One Being" Cage.

DanableLector

UPR DanableLector
Just because Sonya, Cage, and Jax were shown in a cutscene does not mean that they will be playable.
It's doubtful Cage and Jax will be in game, but I would bet money that Sonya will definitely not be in. I actually don't think any of the 3 will be in.
It's funny that some people are saying that these 3 are 'confirmed' or 'deal with it, they're in'. LOL There were so many tears before MK9 with people saying this or that character were definitely playable, based on speculation or 'proof' such as a cutscene like this. Even after the game came out, people were hoping that their favorite character was hidden.

Here's my prediction:
confirmed roster-
kung lao
reptile
kitana
subzero
scorpion
quan chi
ermac
raiden
kano
goro
kotal khan
ferra torr
dvorah
cassie
kung jin
takeda
jaqui

very likely on roster-
mileena (possibly with a baraka blade variation)
kenshi
erron black
shinnok
a cyborg
smoke

possibly on roster (or as dlc)-
rain
reiko
shang tsung
havik
sindel
bo rai cho
salazar
cage
jax

dlc-
tremor
tanya
fujin
li mei
spawn
predator

boss-elder god lui kang
Why is it "very likely" that a cyborg/smoke is on the roster, yet its doubtful to you that jax is in? Did you miss the part where he is on the tower/arcade ladder? That's a hell of a lot more evidence than I've seen for any cyborg/smoke.

jamessmk

I am your god
i heard somewhere Johnny gets uber powers from somewhere and becomes powerful beyond Imagination. like Johnny "The One Being" Cage.
Ending of 9, plus family still together 25 years later spells disaster, comic, he was calm and Sonya was wild up

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
@ Sultani: dude a TON of fans probably most actually in MK's case care about the story, development of characters as oppose to other fighters that have a shitty plot or may as well put in stick figures in the game instead of actually taking the time to develop characters like NRS/MK team have been doing for years now. It makes me enjoy the series even more when we have badass, cool characters instead of just a generic guy fight for no reason.

Based on the comic I think reiko and fujin would be the best bet as dlc, I have bias for jax though since hes one of my favorites.
Hope so, I will admit if Fujin don't make the cut in any shape or form in MK X I will be very surprised given the demand for him and Shinnok regarding MK 4 era especially. Reiko seems to have an important role in the story. Yeah understandable lol I'm the same way about Fujin in this case. I already am pleased they put Ermac back, he's my favorite ninja overall. I do believe if it came down to Reiko, Jax, Fujin or Tanya. Either Fujin or Jax would probably have higher probability.

Though I will admit, Jaqui interests me more than Jax does.

G4S Silent Jay

I enjoy hurting you.
Yet none of this will stop any of you from buying the game. Even with the "redundant" cast you all will still be playing the game.

All the people that would have preferred a different cast I understand your POV. It's the people who constantly spew nonsense about them playing the same are the ones I have problems with.
Thank you for this.... Just wanted SOMEONE to say it's okay for me to just be salty that I don't get the character(s), I wanted, but will still buy and enjoy the fuck out of the game.

And yah mofos tellin people to just deal with is when your characters are already in is some scumbag level nonsense....

You don't know the STRUGGLE!!!!

#TheStruggleIsReal #RIPSektor

Montanx

Thats why they call this thing bloodsport, kid.
The kombat pack is the big mystery to me. For those that have forgotten, there was a source that says the "Predator pack" is due out in june, wich has Predator along with Al Dillon (Carl weathers character). We havent heard about it since feb 18th but the source claims its the case. So that would mean Pred head isnt in the kombat pack wich makes Jason and 3 others the likely inclusions.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
The kombat pack is the big mystery to me. For those that have forgotten, there was a source that says the "Predator pack" is due out in june, wich has Predator along with Al Dillon (Carl weathers character). We havent heard about it since feb 18th but the source claims its the case. So that would mean Pred head isnt in the kombat pack wich makes Jason and 3 others the likely inclusions.
First of all, that Predator and Al Dillon thing was the stupidest rumour to go viral I've seen yet. The original article said "a source says". LITERALLY FUCKING JUST "a source says". THAT'S NOTHING.

Secondly, the Kombat Pack is 2 MK characters and 2 guest characters. One of them might not even be Jason, nor Spawn even though NRS have a short deal that they can use him if they want. The creator of the character clearly stating NRS have permission to use the character, now that's evidence.

Osmedirez

MK Konspiracy Theorist
Everyone wants their favorite characters to be in. Be that JC or Smoke, Sonya or Reiko, Jax or Noob. I feel like it was somewhat of a mistake to announce (if it's true) the obvious returning characters last, or so late in the game. But really it doesn't matter who gets announced when, because everyone's going to be salty about someone not being in the game.

Let's just hope NRS makes the best damn game it can. It'll never be Armageddon again, thank goodness on so many levels. I want to see Rain, Smoke, Reiko, Fujin, Frost, and almost every other mk4+ character given a chance with the new fans. Something that worries me about the possible lack of said characters (minus smoke, he's in tight with his fans if they played mk9). Honestly I would understand if NRS wants to get away from some/a lot of 3d era characters. But there are gems among the rough. The fear is that with each game passing from MK9, these lost characters might be lost for good. And that's no good for any MK fan. Even if you hate a character, I can't imagine you don't enjoy beating the crap designed shit out of them in vs.

I know people are going to argue their stance one way or another. But can't we just agree that everyone at least is entitled to cheer their main? "Family" haters gotta accept that some people want the 'rents in game. And 'rents lovers gotta admit that not getting your favorite is disheartening in the opposite direction as your likes being satisfied. The flamers and haters are annoying, but it happens. Forget about them.

Let's enjoy some bad-assed kombat either way, less than 6 weeks from now. And that's all I have to say about that.

JLU51306

Bzzzt *Paging Doctor Fate*
First of all, that Predator and Al Dillon thing was the stupidest rumour to go viral I've seen yet. The original article said "a source says". LITERALLY FUCKING JUST "a source says". THAT'S NOTHING.

Secondly, the Kombat Pack is 2 MK characters and 2 guest characters. One of them might not even be Jason, nor Spawn even though NRS have a short deal that they can use him if they want. The creator of the character clearly stating NRS have permission to use the character, now that's evidence.
Has it been confirmed the Kombat Pack is 2 MK characters, 2 guest characters?

Gamer68

Fujin!

I hate it when people say stuff like this. There's always been a story to Mortal Kombat and it's characters. NetherRealm Studios' past few games have proved that fighting games can have a great story; and it's cool. Story IS important. Story SHOULD matter. I hate it when devs try to brush off the story in their games (it doesn't even have to be a fighting game; shooters often brush off the story like it doesn't matter, and gives players a crappy, generic, short campaign).

As a big MK fan, a just big fan of gaming in general, I think I can safely say that the story and lore behind a video game series does, in-fact, matter.