What's new

Question - Reptile Reptile: what's good, what's bad?

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Lets just hope some things change from now until release in regards to his invisibility variation. Hopefully they add something else to it.
Yea as much as I try to be supportive in the "wait and see" approach, I just think if a variation is "well you're slightly invisible by doing this, and if you hold this you're fully invisible. That's it."

Not even the greatest of lawyers can defend that being a full on variation.

Kevin 7

The bad boy scout
But they showed all the different stuff that other characters had in their different variations. It would make zero sense for them to not do the same for Reptile.
NRS has been known to not reveal all things. It's their legacy to hold secrets. For all we know we haven't been shown everything with Kitana or any other character they have shown. I wouldn't be hasty to judge and just wait a little longer when you get your hands on it. Also the stream wasn't exactly scripted (from what we can tell). So I can imagine that they skimmed over things and not mentioning things about his variation. It's tough to do things on the fly on stream when you have a little amount of time to talk about the game.

Montanx

Thats why they call this thing bloodsport, kid.
So what does that acid puddle (like subs ground freeze) do? I guess I missed it or something cuz I remember seeing him spit but it didnt do anything.

About the noxious dmg, I think they have alreay tested it for dmg balance. I mean how low can they take it before rendering it useless? Its a creative good design and I like it. Spend the meter to increase it is ok by me as well. If you dont like it, keep him away. If your char isnt good at keep away, well, theres one o your potentially bad MU so adapt.

Kevin 7

The bad boy scout
So what does that acid puddle (like subs ground freeze) do? I guess I missed it or something cuz I remember seeing him spit but it didnt do anything.
It adds a DOT (Damage Over Time) when the opponent stands over the EX Acid spit.

haketh

Noob
Damage over time
Insane damage over time, in conjuction with Noxious variation it's a ton.

Also the thing that's striking me as really good about Nimble is going to be his screen control, he has a ton of ways to move about the screen & leave things in static places around the screen. It's going to be interesting seeing people have to work around all that while slowed.

TopTierHarley

Kytinn King
Insane damage over time, in conjuction with Noxious variation it's a ton.

Also the thing that's striking me as really good about Nimble is going to be his screen control, he has a ton of ways to move about the screen & leave things in static places around the screen. It's going to be interesting seeing people have to work around all that while slowed.
Exactly for two bars in the corner the DOT will be insane, not to mention the chip damage from his normals while get is pressuring you.

Agilaz

It has begun
His Deceptive variation needs work. I can see it being viable if:

- His invisibility doesn't wear off when he blocks or eats a hit. It should become bound by a timer only
- Extended base duration of the invisibility.
- Parries. Give him parries. That could make invisibility actually useful.

Noxious and Nimble seem just fine.

RiverHB

Noob
I think the whole game plan when playing his Noxious variation is to get their ass in the corner and keep em there.
Yeah I wonder if his EX Slide will reverse positions like in MK9. Reptile can use that to put his opponent in the corner and chip away with EX Spit and Noxious. I wonder if all stages will give you the ability the escape the corner using meter?

Wemfs

The only morality in a cruel world is chance.
Yeah the Deceptive variation should allow for a great deal of ways to open up your opponent, especially since he has an overhead launcher now. Being able to stop your forceball whenever the hell you want combined with invisibility leads me to believe he'll have a lot of ways to open you up.

Ra Helios

Omnipotent God-like Selina Kyle Player
The Good
Add more moves to his play styles.

Also Add a special moves that spit acid to the ground. When your opponent walks on the ground. It will drain his health bar.

The Bad
He has Flash Trait which makes no sense at all!!!! He uses acid to slow down time which makes no sense to the character at all!!!! It seems they ran out of ideas and gave him the trait of the flash

He uses hes acid balls to stop in one area like this man is Martian Manhunter from Injustice!!!!
Raiden has it and so as Kung lao. It seems they are running out of ideas giving the characters the same moves.

Plays exactly the same as Mk9 which is disappointing. I expected more.

His other variation that builds acid around him that drains the opponent health bar while close to him is ok. I expected more.

Wemfs

The only morality in a cruel world is chance.
Does no one remember Invisibility grants a damage buff?

Seriously, go into MK9 right now and test it out.
Yes, but they didn't mention anything about it giving you a damage buff in MKX. They just said you go invisible. Maybe they forgot to mention the buff it gives?? Possibly.

Ra Helios

Omnipotent God-like Selina Kyle Player
Yeah because RaHelios would know lmao

Seeing the variations gives me a lot of ideas, hopefully the character will be as great as he seems. Stop being farts.
Yeah Flash Trait!!!!! which I believe a lot of people will mostly use then every thing else.