What's new

Video/Tutorial - Reptile Reptile Revealed via IGN for Mortal Kombat X

MCPeePants

Bout it
Watched this shit like 15 times. I think the variations will be... Acid-Spitter, Forcemaster (centered around forceballs), and some type of Invisibility/Stealth expert.

Is the acid puddle not just an EX acid spit? Or maybe an "Acid-Spitter" exclusive?

esc1

95% of TYM discussion: "It's fine"
Was hoping the next ninja would be Tremor and Reptile would be one of the cyborg variations. Like the Reptile design but miss the classic forceball animation. Ah well, there is still a chance for a Smoke/Sektor/Cyrax borg. Really dying for a post mk3 character like Hotaru or Havoc.

SLy

Noob
ehh.. Im glad hes in. His designs stays true to his evolution and it stepped up a little notch from MK9. I think they just threw him out and rushed the trailer a little..

However his foot is not one of the mystery shoes.. So for that I am hype.

but he has no quarrel with him. this isn't like Kitana vs Quan Chi or Scorpion vs Sub-Zero. Kung Lao is chill with the guy. Kung neither fears,hates, or respects him of course there will be no strong feeling.
Ehh... I don't agree. Which is why he's transitioning into his fight stance before Reptile replies? It doesn't make sense. And if Lao does now have a bone to pick with Reptile after what he said, he should have sounded a little more serious about it (almost smirk like) and changed up the words a little. As in "Now, I have a quarrel with you" I get that it's a game, but I think NRS should relate a little more to reality for dialogue and presentation.

MCPeePants

Bout it
Ehh... I don't agree. Which is why he's transitioning into his fight stance before Reptile replies? It doesn't make sense. And if Lao does now have a bone to pick with Reptile after what he said, he should have sounded a little more serious about it and changed up the words a little. As in "Now, I have a quarrel with you" I get that it's a game, but I think NRS should relate a little more to reality for dialogue and presentation.
Y so serious?

Briyen

Noob
Reptile's design is the only thing exciting about this reveal. And the fact he sounds like an old Stitch during the battle.
thnks for lol :)

trailer was SO meh. Needs more tongue! But after some thought, it was kinda interesting how they keept a lot of moves from mk9 for reptile, almost like its reptiles signature normals now, a Street Fighter concept.

nice way to look at it, someone earlier in thread even said how his x-ray is very similar, good catch!

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
This reveal reminded me about the reveals in IGAU. Remember how all the characters got these big reveals and then when it came close to launch, they were like: Oh hey, here's Killer Frost and Ares.

Terrible.

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.
That short hop of reptile's is dope. Advances in the air, covers a lot of ground, and is pretty fast to boot.

Wemfs

The only morality in a cruel world is chance.
He looks like a fun character to me. I liked his throw, the way he moved (reptile-like), his unorthodox move set. His strings looked very unusual and interesting if you ask me. Not sure what's up with that ex acid spit he did, but overall I like the way they did Reptile in this game. Reptile fans are usually split when it comes to how they think Reptile should look: more reptilian or more human.

And not to mention that x-ray was fucking gnarly!! Broken jaw son!

daddydab32ho

KANO, KANO, KAY-NOOOOOO , KANO (DRAKES VOICE)
I would have preferred Reptile as a humanoid this time around TBH because that's what automatically lured me to him in the classics...