What's new

Video/Tutorial - Reptile Reptile Revealed via IGN for Mortal Kombat X

WarlordRenegade

Founder of Team Renegade
Lots of ppl sayin he looks too much like the mk9 move set style like its a bad thing, I'm glad he seems to play the same alp of these characters and their combos har become iconic and tbh reptile like insane in this game the force ball setups are back the slide and the dash are back along with the acid spit just oh my god!!!
And for the ppl who are discrediting his costume don't think for a second they won't put his ninja costume in for an alternate it was way to popular to leave out

jbthrash

Nut Breaker
Everything looks fine, but I 'm willing to bet when his variations are revealed it will help him stand out from the MK9 version.
I'm just starting to get concerned that the last few characters to be announced will either be obscure characters or new characters. I don't want a repeat of Injustice when Frost and Ares where the last to be revealed.

Brutal Chimney

vaporus punching bag
Yeah, but I wouldn't reply with, "I now have a quarrel with you" after I said the opposite and not in that voice. Kung Lao almost sounds happy saying it. The dialogue is too scripted and does not display genuine feeling. It's just not believable, like they ran out of ideas or something. Quan's intro with Kano is more of what they should be striving for.
but he has no quarrel with him. this isn't like Kitana vs Quan Chi or Scorpion vs Sub-Zero. Kung Lao is chill with the guy. Kung neither fears,hates, or respects him of course there will be no strong feeling.

ChaosTheory

A fat woman came into the shoe store today...
@A F0xy Grampa

It may or may not be the case... but he did do a sort of ground-pound motion and teleport through the floor as opposed to upward.

Could still be able to do it in the air, but it seems like it'd travel more like Sektor's tele-cut.

How can no one appreciate that Shoulin monk old man dry humor?

I think it's tight and I might play him now.
at first it sounded really stupid, but actually hes intentionally talking like a buerocrat who has said this standard line thousand times before and doesnt care anymore. its quite cocky and disrespectful, what makes this cool and ftting kung lao again.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Man, man, man...I'm back from creaming my shit a bit more.

This is probably my favorite Reptile look in history. I'm serious. He was already at his peak of lizardly humanoid in MK9, but this just pushed it even further, as now the outfit is pretty primal in design, now.

He looks very similar, animation-wise, to MK9, which is kinda neat, though admittedly I was expecting drastic differences. But holy shit that low...it's like NRS does this shit to please me, both as a Reptile player and a GL player in Injustice. That, and the palm string is what caught me. Jesus Christ do those palms reach far as shit. The acid puddle move looks interesting, though.

I can't wait to see what the variations are like! This seriously made my day.