What's new

Video/Tutorial - Reptile Reptile Revealed via IGN for Mortal Kombat X

Saltea Moonspell

"Mind Over Matter" I dont mind, and X dont matter
Fuck, I don't know guys...he is in the classic roster so I am not surprised but still I didn't happen to collect my jaw from the floor like I did when I saw KL first appearance. I am really hoping the is more to him then what we saw here.

KL is fucken Bastatd, good to see his fundamental moves back !

CallMeTetris

draxx them sklounst
The trailer may seem uninspiring because we didn't get that much from it but I reckon once we see his variations etc. it'll be much better.

As my favourite character, I'm fairly excited to try him out. I've come to peace with the lizard design and I actually think he looks really cool here.

@CallMeTetris...imagine a command grab variation centred around the tongue??
You have NO fucking idea how much i'd be into a tongue grappler variation. Like holy shit. Would be a variation loyalist for sure.

Plop

Noob
i think he looks awesome. Yeah, he seems really similar to his mk9 counterpart, but why fix him if he's not broke?

I would like to personally blow NRS though for giving us a half-assed trailer. Looks like no effort went into it at all. Was the whole team too busy to give us a brief rundown like they did with all the others? Don't care who, I'd have been happy with the cleaner.

Brutal Chimney

vaporus punching bag
If they're anything like me all the grapplers can think of is that toungue. if there is a variation based on it I'll use him

Hexin_Wishes

Likes nerds with big ...
Reptile's design is the only thing exciting about this reveal. And the fact he sounds like an old Stitch during the battle.

Also, HOW is Kung tracing the rim of his hat with his fingers so smoothly?

Its amazing how music changes everything and in this case there was no music, that's why no one found it to be hype.
This is the biggest grasp I've ever seen in this thread. There *is* music.

While I never really liked Reptile much to begin with, I was wondering if his design in MKX would make things better; it didn't. This is easily the most underwhelming reveal, thus far. As creative as NRS has been with design/moves, this just doesn't feel quite up to par.

As was mentioned earlier in the thread, the fatality is also quite ordinary, and, while perhaps a bit nitpicky, is graphically disappointing. While I'm not a developer and am unfamiliar with the limits of the engine, it seems like the face-fizzing should have been much cleaner/more realistic.

There's still time, so perhaps things might improve, a bit.

Elder God

Power!
Lol dat dialogue.
Kung Lao face its so strange he looks like a sad mid age man :(
I'm not so happy about Reptile, but he is a better choice between ninja return, I prefer Reptile than Noob, Ermac or Smoke, for example. Probalbly new character on the thursday stream.

khrome

Master of The Universe
i think he looks awesome. Yeah, he seems really similar to his mk9 counterpart, but why fix him if he's not broke?

I would like to personally blow NRS though for giving us a half-assed trailer. Looks like no effort went into it at all. Was the whole team too busy to give us a brief rundown like they did with all the others? Don't care who, I'd have been happy with the cleaner.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Solid trailer, looking forward to see all Reptiles variations.

My bet is the reveal on Thursday is a new character(Erron Black?). If not then it better be Baraka :(

Let's be honest here, if someone told you point blank "I will tear your flesh!", would you not have a quarrel with them too? I rather like my flesh
Yeah, but I wouldn't reply with, "I now have a quarrel with you" after I said the opposite and not in that voice. Kung Lao almost sounds happy saying it. The dialogue is too scripted and does not display genuine feeling. It's just not believable, like they ran out of ideas or something. Quan's intro with Kano is more of what they should be striving for.