What's new

Video/Tutorial - Reptile Reptile Revealed via IGN for Mortal Kombat X

Atriox

Here... I am a god!
Okay sorry, I really don't wanna be that guy but... what's wrong with some of these animations? They both look stiff as fuck, Reptile in particular looks really unfinished (he probably is, so that's why...). Graphics looked weirder too.. sigh. Very unimpressed. His x-ray was cool though...

Last edited:

Temjiin

www.mkxframedata.com
He looks stunning aesthetically.

He looks pretty mediocre in his move set however. Slow and clunky. Interested to see what EX spit does.

ok his visual design is a bit better than in mkx. still prefer human look from 2d games but i guess from this point we are not going to have this option. maybe alternative costume. would be also nice if his classic costume mask doesnt simply disappear like in mk9 when he spits acid.

CallMeTetris

draxx them sklounst
I'm.....not really feelin' this the way I always thought I would. Gotta agree with a couple other people, I'm really getting some MK9 vibes here. Just feels like he didn't get the love the other returning characters got. Those new grab animations are pretty cool, but everything else.....bland X-ray, bland normals, awful new forceball animation.....i'll probably still play him out of sheer character loyalty, but D'vorah's still got most of my interest for now.

I think it just looks a bit bland because no variation moves seemed to be showed. I could see all of those moves being universal.

Also, nobody ever gives credit to the animators. People keep saying that the animation is stiff but I think it looks really good

Last edited:

Raider

Noob
This is kinda getting boring now.
I need something new, hints about the story, new "ality"... anything.

This was pretty meh in every aspect. His design is uninspiring and moves look almost the same. I need brand new characters.

Decay

King of the Bill
Reptile was gonna be a huge reveal for me but this trailer is not very hype. I mean at this point ANYTHING is cool and I'm grateful NRS but since Reptile was one of my main dudes from mk2 I gotta say I'm dissapointed in his design strictly aesthetically speaking. His moves look cool and I like the re-imagining of the force ball, the way he stretches the goo in his hands and slingshots it forward. I was hoping for a human reptile but I guess that's what secondary costumes are for right? ehhhhhh