General/Other - Reptile Reptile Pre-Release General Discussions Thread

Are you hype for Reptile?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
Man, idk what people are so pissed about... I thought he looked awesome.

I may forgo the lin kuei and side with reptile this time around. I start playing him at the end of mk9 and really enjoyed his fast pace with his dash and it's back. I think if he can use that to traverse the screen he may be at an advantage b/c he won't have to constantly rely on the stamina bar.

RiverHB

Noob
Man, idk what people are so pissed about... I thought he looked awesome.

I may forgo the lin kuei and side with reptile this time around. I start playing him at the end of mk9 and really enjoyed his fast pace with his dash and it's back. I think if he can use that to traverse the screen he may be at an advantage b/c he won't have to constantly rely on the stamina bar.
I thought he looked great too. I can't wait to see the next MKast to see his variations. As for his Dash, I am looking forward to seeing the recovery on whiff in the final version. As you stated, maybe it's a better option than Run without its stamina dependency while building meter. I also liked how they showcased the Dash mid combo. I cannot wait to see the possibilities here.

G4S MinotaurLord

Wielder of Toxins

GET HYPE

But yeah, curious about more details, especially that slow awkward looking force ball. I hope that animation/height changes. Combo strings actually look sweet. I'm sure dash will be "normalized". I'm sure he'll have sick tech anyway. I like that he has the (2)f3, 1+2 flip as an actual move, or so it seems. I hope this character is as fun to play in this game as he is in 9 (hint: he's the most fun). I dropped the ball on tourneys for MK9, but I'm going all in on this one. #LizardSquad , let's blow the community away and be curious, investigative, organized, and connected. Let's push this character to its limits.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
After watching the trailer a couple more times I'm convinced that palm string is going to put in real work for Reptile. I'm almost 100% convinced it's cancellable.

Amplified$hotz

I like Tekken 8
No that isn't it. Reptile never really used dash blocking the way other characters did because of elbow dash. In general he just looks a tad slower.
No I meant since the opponent can't dash block, a move that fast where people have to commit to dashes and zoning might not be as prevalent might be considered op. Like flashs lightning charge in Injustice.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
No I meant since the opponent can't dash block, a move that fast where people have to commit to dashes and zoning might not be as prevalent might be considered op. Like flashs lightning charge in Injustice.
Oh I get what yer saying ok. That actually could have something to do with it maybe. I'm not so sure though.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
That's likely why, plus Reptile may actually have decent standard mobility due to run and walkspeed being improved.

TylerLantern

POWER OF FEAR
Hoping his walk speed start up is quicker so that I don't have to yolo dash as much to cover space in a hurry.
I agree, but I loved using his dash to travel and cover space. Once I figured out the exact range, I could space it perfect to a blocking opponent, dash in and what almost always felt like a free d4 or 3,2,1 due to my opponent thinking the dash would be blocked. I am also excited to see how punishable the dash will be. I am thinking it will be super punishable because of how much people complained about it in MK9.

I agree, but I loved using his dash to travel and cover space. Once I figured out the exact range, I could space it perfect to a blocking opponent, dash in and what almost always felt like a free d4 or 3,2,1 due to my opponent thinking the dash would be blocked. I am also excited to see how punishable the dash will be. I am thinking it will be super punishable because of how much people complained about it in MK9.
Yeah I agree that using dash as a tool for movement was a blast, but there were plenty of times I just wish I could have dashed like a normal character haha

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
omg he looks fucking goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood!
has overhead low mixups, flash like trait, forceballs even more versatile, his ex spit actually looks useful, his isntant recovery on dash is back, his nauxiotus variation looks interesting. He looks like a character that can handle any situation whether it be rush down or zoning.. soo excited.
also the palms hit mid!

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
I must admit that from the stream I was a little disappointed at how unvaried his variations were.

He looks like a strong character though, just not with much variety to choose from. Nimble I think will be the most useful, depending on how it changes his frame data.

NKZero

Noob
@dribirut cosign!

But I don't think they showed it because perhaps it's not a feature of the move anymore...but can the force balls be held so that they become bigger, like in MK9?

Yeah that noxious variation or whatever looks mad crazy. Corner set-ups with that acid puddle and EX stank hoe.

SLy

Noob
Noxious is gonna put in so much work on top of what he can possibly do now. Its was a great showing

Levaranoia

War God
As a reptile main, he seemed bland as f**k. Variations sucked in my opinion. Fatality sucked ass too. Doesn't seem like there was that much effort put into him at all.

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
As a reptile main, he seemed bland as f**k. Variations sucked in my opinion. Fatality sucked ass too. Doesn't seem like there was that much effort put into him at all.
I mean the fatality wasn't the best but the design seems awesome. The variations just add a little flavor to the strong base of the character. He has the possibility of being an absolute space control monster.

Status
Not open for further replies.