Are you hype for Reptile?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
@dribirut cosign!

But I don't think they showed it because perhaps it's not a feature of the move anymore...but can the force balls be held so that they become bigger, like in MK9?

Yeah that noxious variation or whatever looks mad crazy. Corner set-ups with that acid puddle and EX stank hoe.
there is an ex el bowdash. they used it but it whiffed and they even said they forgot to cover it. and i dont think you can hold it anymore but i dont care because they added a variation that allows for it to stay in place like an ice clone.. god it was badass

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
i was also a little disappointed that there are not many differences in his variations but if you think about it he has probably the most abundant base out of all the characters we have seen. I mean spit/ ex spit eb dash/ ex elbow dash two over head specials each with an ex version slide and ex slide force bals and ex forceballs.. honestly its borderline cheap haha

Levaranoia

War God
I mean the fatality wasn't the best but the design seems awesome. The variations just add a little flavor to the strong base of the character. He has the possibility of being an absolute space control monster.
That's the problem, it's just a little flavor. I was hoping for some big changes to his variations. Like his invisibility variation is useless and pointless. No one even used his invisibility in mk9 in combat. Didn't even give him some fun moves with it or something.

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
i can already see it.. against rush down characters using nimble and when i hit them with a fb bust out the nimble trait and continue zoning the shit out of him and get away even more

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
That's the problem, it's just a little flavor. I was hoping for some big changes to his variations. Like his invisibility variation is useless and pointless. No one even used his invisibility in mk9 in combat. Didn't even give him some fun moves with it or something.
we still have to see his cancel advantage off of the invins. maybe its at plus frames for certain strings which could lead to some tasty frame traps

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
Especially if you can have two on screen at the same time. I know it costs meter, but damn...
I'm wondering if either his normals are iffy (although he looked to still have his d4) or something because he seems like he was buffed a lot from mk9 haha. I mean a lot of characters look really good though so maybe everyone will just have a lot of tools.

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
We don't know if it is pointless yet, and like Ares gets something out of it in Injustice. We will have to wait and see. I agree that is the variation that I am least excited about though.

NKZero

Noob
The one thing I wish is that he had a Super Skrull-esque command grab variation with the tongue, as someone alluded to a few days ago on TYM. It does seem like he has a tongue poke though...interesting.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
Why didn't they give the ability to stop forceballs to a specific variation?
Did they confirm that it was universal? I stepped away from like 5 minutes of the stream but I didn't see Derek do it in the 2nd game of the Reptile/Kitana set.

I'm wondering if either his normals are iffy (although he looked to still have his d4) or something because he seems like he was buffed a lot from mk9 haha. I mean a lot of characters look really good though so maybe everyone will just have a lot of tools.
That's my biggest worry. Normals are all I really care about right now. He looks to have a decently fast overhead and low. I'm liking the looks of that 2-hit step in palm thing he does. Looks like it covers alot of ground.

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
Could someone pleassssee hit up one of the three streamers and ask them what the ex dash does. i will be forever grateful. I dont have twitter

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
That's my biggest worry. Normals are all I really care about right now. He looks to have a decently fast overhead and low. I'm liking the looks of that 2-hit step in palm thing he does. Looks like it covers alot of ground.
I noticed that at one point the second hit of the string that starts with the knee whiffed on the crouching opponent. that worried me

StevoSuprem0

I'm gonna make this skill gap... disappear.
Reptile is probably my top choice as a main so far. He's go a really solid design without variations even being considered, and the variations add a lot of flavor options that help with a wide variety of matchup concerns. Looks like he's going to be a very strong character, and he's just so awesome stylistically. I'll see you fellas on the tech farming fields come April!

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Did they confirm that it was universal? I stepped away from like 5 minutes of the stream but I didn't see Derek do it in the 2nd game of the Reptile/Kitana set.
Yea it's universal. No idea why he didn't do it just like he didn't use the speed force when playing in that variation.

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
It doesn't seem like his variations will change his play-style at all, just adds some gimmicks.

What I'm worried about is that if he loses a MU to a character than that's it, he doesn't have an alternate variation to fall back on because they're all the same.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
It doesn't seem like his variations will change his play-style at all, just adds some gimmicks.

What I'm worried about is that if he loses a MU to a character than that's it, he doesn't have an alternate variation to fall back on because they're all the same.
I don't know about that. His speed force doesn't take 10 years to recharge like Flash. If he's getting zoned he could use it to projectile back easy or get in. Where as against a rushdown or grapplers he can stank them away because they have to get in close. Etc.

Invisibility on the other hand, no clue.

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
I don't know about that. His speed force doesn't take 10 years to recharge like Flash. If he's getting zoned he could use it to projectile back easy or get in. Where as against a rushdown or grapplers he can stank them away because they have to get in close. Etc.

Invisibility on the other hand, no clue.
I think invisibility is underrated in fighting games to be honest. And yes nimble looks to have some advantages, time will tell.

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
best of all there is no pushblock so the timelapse thing will be even better.. he is going to have safe 50/50 launchers while in that trait

Status
Not open for further replies.