What's new

Match-up Discussion Reptile Matchup Discussion Thread

RapZiLLa54

Monster Island Tournaments
f3 1+2 stuffs wake up low blade (f3 completely goes over blade). F2 stuffs nomad dash and ex nomad dash.. F3 can sometimes knock him out of Nomad dash but its inconsistent.

B4 isn't very good vs Kabal because of saw blade.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Just some info on the sonya mu, I found out that this mu gets even worse because I found out playing gamerblake this weekend sonya can dive kick you out of the middle of ex elbow dash for full combo. So try to limit your ex elbow dashes.

RapZiLLa54

Just some info on the sonya mu, I found out that this mu gets even worse because I found out playing gamerblake this weekend sonya can dive kick you out of the middle of ex elbow dash for full combo. So try to limit your ex elbow dashes.
lol I think we should all just hope our secondary character is a good match up vs her at this point. Its a shame that its possible to hit him out of ex dash. It should be guaranteed.

SHITTT 10-0 match up haha. Just kiddin, hey dude can you test this for me with sonya MU. ex fb, dash, (ex cart), NJP into a combo. I think the cart will miss and you can do NJP. Not sure though

RapZiLLa54

If you're on top or right in front of Sonya and she does any special attack aside from arc kick, it will whiff vs a NJP.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
SHITTT 10-0 match up haha. Just kiddin, hey dude can you test this for me with sonya MU. ex fb, dash, (ex cart), NJP into a combo. I think the cart will miss and you can do NJP. Not sure though
RapZiLLa54 That's why I play Kenshi!! haha.
I think I have tried this but I'm not sure, you are saying throw out ex sfb, then elbow dash past the ex cartwheel, this can work but it is a matter of when sonya cartwheels. I was planning on checking this mu out deeply at somepoint this week, idk though, I did the same thing with mileena, now that bitch hardly ever beats me. As soon as I get home I will check this out for you though.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Reptile_8417 my alt is Noob but I never switch anyway lol. I just try to adapt unfortunately I rarely play Riu48s Sonya enough to grasp the matchup.
I completely feel your pain dude I only play gamer blake once in a blue moon sonya is beast I could really learn a thing or 2 about the match up from him

sent from Gotham City via the batcomputer

Come on guys, you got to embrace these bad matchups. Fighting and win a bad matchups actually make you feel freaking awesome lol. Remember when Tom brady's sub beat master D kabal, THAT SHIT WAS AWESOME.

RapZiLLa54

Come on guys, you got to embrace these bad matchups. Fighting and win a bad matchups actually make you feel freaking awesome lol. Remember when Tom brady's sub beat master D kabal, THAT SHIT WAS AWESOME.
I absolutely agree thats why I never switch from Reptile. I don't feel any matchup is bad enough to the point where if I make the right reads I can't win. That goes for really any character in this game. I don't believe in tier lists and matchup guides. This game is balanced enough that any character can beat any character, its all reliant on the player.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
There is nothing wrong with having a backup LOL. I honestly can't say that i have ever used kenshi though LOL.

I absolutely agree thats why I never switch from Reptile. I don't feel any matchup is bad enough to the point where if I make the right reads I can't win. That goes for really any character in this game. I don't believe in tier lists and matchup guides. This game is balanced enough that any character can beat any character, its all reliant on the player.
I personally think people blame the matchups so much in this community. Ive heard so many times of "oh he beat me cause of bad matchups, or oh he beat me because of reset or this and that". I feel like MK players dont take in the account that you got beat because the other player... is just better lol

RapZiLLa54

I personally think people blame the matchups so much in this community. Ive heard so many times of "oh he beat me cause of bad matchups, or oh he beat me because of reset or this and that". I feel like MK players dont take in the account that you got beat because the other player... is just better lol
While I do agree that people toss a lot of the blame on shit other than themselves I absolutely hate losing to Cyrax because of 1 net and Smoke because I got caught in 1 combo without a breaker and now I'm dead. Jax you just have to avoid the corner, if he gets you there its your own damn fault and with Ex dash it should never happen.

I'm a firm believer that no character should do more than 50% damage regardless of meter or xray so when I see 100% 2 bar resets with Smoke and 80% no meter untechable resets with Cyrax, I do get salty.

RapZiLLa54

After last night had a long session vs Riu48 and he shared a lot of knowledge as I had zero on and or about Sonya. Shes basically like fighting a steroid Kitana. Theres no reason to ever block high vs her. Almost all of her strings hit high and can be crouch blocked.

Another thing that I can provide is on her reset into military stance always block low. Her mid will whiff. The messed up thing is she can cancel the low into kartwheel (absolutely ridiculous). Shes negative -3 on it so you can't punish. I'm not sure if you can dash her after a blocked low before the kartwheel because I don't know which move is which so looking at her frame data I have no idea lol.

Shes very negative vs a blocked poke. -11 on a blocked d1 and -8 on a d3. So the opportunities are there just need more match up experience. Oh and a blocked dive kick punish with f2 into forceball.

RapZiLLa54

You guys sure? I was blocking it crouching and in training mode when Rui was going over her with me her cartwheel registered as a high attack....

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
It's definitely not overhead.
Cartwheel? What the hell have I been doing in this game?!?! Oh I'm an idiot, idk what i was thinking. My b. Her tackle is the overhead right?

sent from Gotham City via the batcomputer

WTF, THIS SHIT IS MIND FUCK. I always thought that kartwheel is overhead..... This is like when I found out that noob's unknee is +4..... IM EXCITED lol. thank you