What's new

Red Hot Sunday Tournament - Nov 9th 2014 7pm est - Free Trip to KIT - No TOP 8 PLACERS ONLY Tourney

Status
Not open for further replies.

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
I would also like to state that it is really strange we can discuss anyone on this forum in almost any tone, but cannot do so if they are a mod. The fuck is that? So if one of the mods was a top player, basically no one could come out guns blazing talking shit? I understand rules, but it's not like racial slurs and homophobic hate is being spread or something. Some shit has to rock.

EdFig81

Original OBS mbr/VSM/G4S
Guys watch in 1080p. Is this real life or did I die and go to Heaven?

http://www.ign.com/videos/2014/10/24/halo-2-lockdown-lockout-1080p60fps-gameplay-halo-the-master-chief-collection-ign-first

Its like someone was in my brain trying to find the most awesome thing possible to create and they made it. You have GOT to be shitting me this thing exists and is coming out in 17 days.
I am putting money down for this next week claude. Add me EdFig81

I also just want to say I can be a real pain in the ass with mods but lbsh rules are rules and while I do feel pig does alot the community no one is above a ban if the mods feel it's called for.

Remember evo 2012 (could be off the exact yr) when someone got banned for something that that happened at evo which was a fight / altercation. This did not happen on TYM but happened with another tym user/ mk9 player but at evo (if u don't know what I am talking about move on then, as i am not putting up anyone's business)just making a point for those that have been here for yrs and know exactly what I am talking about and act like this never happened before. While I disagreed with the ban at the time because 1 person was pushing / provoking the other this situation is different imo. No one knows if this persons Facebook is monitored from work or if this is something u don't want your friends to see or coworkers.

How bout this one ,Another player that took things outside of tym that played umk and his friend were also perm banned for alot of issues (which have mostly been resolved now)

I don't know if pig was banned only for what was said on his status here on tym or was it both tym and the facebook drama, but I will say a person can feel harassed if they post something outside of tym (facebook) & that 1 post turns into over 160 comment's on one's timeline and people calling you a loser etc when that person never tagged the person and just posted their status on Facebook. Also if pig does stop these events/steam someone else can continue it. Shit I will even try, but I don't have the connections pig has but I think what he did was great thing for our community & he shouldn't stop it. Stopping what he's been doing due to this ban imo would only hurt his rep and prove a point which many brought up in the past few months, ,I don't think of him is a bad person I respect his accomplishments in the game he plays. . Pig takes his game serious and been dealing with the whole ban thing plus fucked up remarks from many since the east coast ban. Not only that but remember how everyone called kenshi brain dead yet pig was the only one using kenshi right?

To the credit of pig he did apologize on Facebook in that same thread , but who knows the damage was already sadly done.

With that said I hope pig doesn't stop doing these community event's I personally have no issue with him and appreciate the events he holds for this community and I hope he still does it and doesn't allow this ban to hamper what he's been doing for our community. I also hope he holds his anger t the bs that is known as TYM (no offense)

One more thing every1 mad about him getting banned and blaming @Mikemetroid he didn't ban him and retains mod status to front page certain article's for tym. He has reigned his mod powers/status .

To all of tym if u feel the ban wasn't warranted let's not flood the thread reach out to a high level mod. Making threads about this won't change anything especially if what occurred is a violation of the rules which no one is above.
Just my two cents (ok maybe a buck)

Oh and @GGA 16 Bit imo stop throwing gas on a fire. U work for nrs , pig can handle this himself and if u really disagree follow my steps speak to a higher up mod. After the entire banning from east coast tournaments which I assume is still in effect when u posted all those private pms did that change anything? Just saying I like you but your throwing Gass on a fire every time u post in defense of anyone. I understand coming to the defense for a friend but u know mods u can Skype and talk to , do that behind the scenes. Remember this is not "our house" & their are rules here unlike redit # kappa heh again I am not trying to start a flame war I am just giving my buck/2 cents. From someone that likes both of u and see to much bs happening lately.

To all tym mods sorry I know u closed a thread in regarda to this, but I see this thred being derailed very soon and if I gain an infraction please do what u have to do as i violated more then 1 rule with this lost if u guys edit or delete this I fully understand and apologize for this but I had to say my 2 cents.

what is "childish" and "irrational"? Like I said before, how u see something isn't how everyone else will see that same thing. Also u mean "do think" u used a double negative :p.
I'll hold that grammatical error.

But yea, making a thread about mods @Hysteria
Mods being ridiculous at times
@GamerBlake
People in general here being annoying
(Myself, and pretty much everyone else)
The Dickriding
(Everyone else)
There is no right or wrong. Pointing fingers is retarded in this case.

I'll hold that grammatical error.

But yea, making a thread about mods @Hysteria
Mods being ridiculous at times
@GamerBlake
People in general here being annoying
(Myself, and pretty much everyone else)
The Dickriding
(Everyone else)
There is no right or wrong. Pointing fingers is retarded in this case.
I will give ya that, pointing fingers does just lead to drama. Everything else tho, we can agree to disagree :p

I know you guys like pig. He does great things with the stream and he does try to promote things.

However this man has gone and personally insult my brother and my friends several times. I dont care how small you think the words are. But they can be very damaging to the wrong person. Whether or not you believe he deserves what he gets. He has gone out of he way to insult me and my brother in a personal way. The man makes an apology then posts on tym status that we are stupid? Its not about a game anymore its bullying. Its childish. I had nothing to do with this ban. However do not undermine the things he went out of his way to say because you guys have a crush on him.

Mit i know you want evidence but frankly if anyone were to go out of their way to make personal comments about your family you would feel the same way i do. I know you try to be devils advocate on a lot. But the things that have been said i take personally because they arent about a game. I try to be as professional as possible. However. I cant stand still and let this guy continue to bad mouth the people i call friends and family. For no reason other then because he feels like it. So id appreciate it if people could see that side of things instead of a constant attack on pig.

Every one has made comments and jokes around and said alot. But in the end of the day no one makes it personal. They made it about the game. This had nothing to about injustice or mk. This guy went out of his way to make comments. Im sure ill get slack for this post as i always do. But understand that i will not tolerate anyome belittleing the ones i care about. Sorry for the long post. I hope to see everyone at NEC and hope we can have a great event.

I am not playing devil's advocate, just saying how I feel. Also I checked out that FB post, that never should have got posted because things like that are why we have drama and just divide our community tbh. Oh well, people will probably just keep doing the same things. @Ray Riazy

What's with all this sensitivity? I understand words can hurt sometimes but this is a video game website. This is all about games. Fuck what pig said. Who gives a shit. Does it affect your life that much. Pigs a bully? really? Did his words make anyone want to go home and cry and start cutting or make someone want to end their life because they just couldn't take all the bullying from pig. Fuck what pigs says. Hes just a guy. Why do we have to act like high school girls about it. Yeah, pig said some harsh stuff. Notice we are calling him pig. His in game name. Lol. This isn't real life drama. Calm down.

RM Jonnitti

Hot Dog
I mean I never called anyone out. I stated how I felt, didnt mention names until they were brought up by other people. I think its important that as a community, we are aware of what we look like on the outside. Which right now, can be extremely offputting to people interested in joining us when mkx drops

haketh

Noob
What's with all this sensitivity? I understand words can hurt sometimes but this is a video game website. This is all about games. Fuck what pig said. Who gives a shit. Does it affect your life that much. Pigs a bully? really? Did his words make anyone want to go home and cry and start cutting or make someone want to end their life because they just couldn't take all the bullying from pig. Fuck what pigs says. Hes just a guy. Why do we have to act like high school girls about it. Yeah, pig said some harsh stuff. Notice we are calling him pig. His in game name. Lol. This isn't real life drama. Calm down.
You don't get to make any of those claims when you're not the one involved & having things said about you. To many people on this site use the "It's just games bro" excuse to say the foulest shit.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
However this man has gone and personally insult my brother and my friends several times. I dont care how small you think the words are. But they can be very damaging to the wrong person. Whether or not you believe he deserves what he gets. He has gone out of he way to insult me and my brother in a personal way. The man makes an apology then posts on tym status that we are stupid? Its not about a game anymore its bullying. Its childish. I had nothing to do with this ban. However do not undermine the things he went out of his way to say because you guys have a crush on him.
You guys banned him from participating in something he's extremely passionate about for no good reason and have proceeded to mock him about it for months. But that's just supposed to be funny right

RM Jonnitti

Hot Dog
I also want to say I personally never labeled pig as a bully but other people have. Someone that's labeled as a bully, whether its you or someone else, should probably not represent a community as a whole.

You don't get to make any of those claims when you're not the one involved & having things said about you. To many people on this site use the "It's just games bro" excuse to say the foulest shit.
But thats the context of the situation. Pig (not brant) called someone out by their gamer name . It's not real personal. This IS just games.

Jon nitti is my name lol. But it doesnt matter how you reffer to people. Shit about their personal life is personal.
If what he said ACTUALLY affects their life outside of tym and outside of the fighting game scene and goes into their personal life, then you are right and I'm wrong. But idk y anyone would let a fighting games players words get to them that badly.

But thats the context of the situation. Pig (not brant) called someone out by their gamer name . It's not real personal. This IS just games.
to be fair, i could say very nasty things liek refer to your mother in bad ways and take her out to a seafood dinner and never call her, is there any difference between me calling you soul bound or your real name???

Seperate internet identities is a fun discussion

but unban PIG OGOOO

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
A group of guys who literally want to prevent players from attending events in their region are now super upset one called them a loser.

"I hate you so much I don't want to even be at the same event as you....but don't get personal man. We're a community here".

RM Jonnitti

Hot Dog
If what he said ACTUALLY affects their life outside of tym and outside of the fighting game scene and goes into their personal life, then you are right and I'm wrong. But idk y anyone would let a fighting games players words get to them that badly.
I was really annoyed by it, I got over it. However I still find it classless and shouldnt be in a leadership position. That is all.

Lol if people got affected by words. I'm pretty sure Activision would lose probably more than half their revenue due to increased rates of suicide caused by 8 year olds

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.
My only post on this current topic: I have met a lot of these players going to tournaments. If they are doing nothing but trashing me and getting personal then when I see them in real life I'm supposed to be cool with it? MY sensitivity comes because I expect people to give me the same respect that I give them. If I suck at the game and they blow me up for it I don't care. Itsjustass anyway. :) (Btw I've never had a problem with anyone I've met at tournaments..except for one person, but that's another story)

Status
Not open for further replies.