What's new

READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL!? The 2011-2012 NFL thread

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
I rep the Giants. My team pulled off the greatest post season run in NFL history and beat up Tom Brady for 60 minutes. That was 4 years ago. When my team got to the promise land, they took care of business. 3 SBs

Your turn

Tim Static

Adminerator
I rep the Giants. My team pulled off the greatest post season run in NFL history and beat up Tom Brady for 60 minutes. That was 4 years ago. When my team got to the promise land, they took care of business. 3 SBs

Your turn
hey now, ive been a Giants admirer since L.Taylor played, but the G-men beat NE by 3, not exactly a beating of any kind (even tho thats about how many points those NE teams won their SB's by) and also got destroyed by the old Cleveland Brown, errr Baltimore Ravens in a Super Bowl as well.....

just sayin ;)

CY MasterHavik

Master of Chaos and Jax

Your turn
Ok. Your team got bodied by the Redskins. Their crappy QB outplay your QB. Let's go back to next year. Remember that punter of yours? Well, he cost you a game when he kick it to Deshawn Jackson. Remember the crazy miracle at the meadow lands? Now onto my Bears. We have one of the best return man in football history. He already broke the record for punt returns and is working on breaking the record for kick returns. We have two rising stars that will only get better with time. If you don't know who I'm talking about. I'm talking about Johnny Knox and Matt Forte. Lastly, we got a confidence Cutler that will kill with his feet and arm.

Your turn good sir.

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
Tim Static: 5 sacks on Brady is beating him up. I lost count of how many times he was hit. Rodney King wasn't treated as bad as Brady was, it was pretty terrible. And we did win by 3, but winning is winning. Patriots had more weapons than us, a better coach and 60 minutes to get it done. They didn't. And the 2001 Ravens defense was the best in the history of the NFL. They were flat out ridiculous and no team in the NFC was going to beat them. I fully expected what happened

MasterHavik: Yes, in Week 1 we lost. We have 7 starters out. Do you know how teams do when their main guys are out? See Indy today. See Chicago the other year when Urlacher was out. Shit happens. Our QB has a SB ring. Plus, we broke your QB last year. That was fun. And please don't use the word "Chicago" and "Star" unless you are talking about Derrick Rose

And my team wouldn't do this

CY MasterHavik

Master of Chaos and Jax
Tim Static: 5 sacks on Brady is beating him up. I lost count of how many times he was hit. Rodney King wasn't treated as bad as Brady was, it was pretty terrible. And we did win by 3, but winning is winning. Patriots had more weapons than us, a better coach and 60 minutes to get it done. They didn't. And the 2001 Ravens defense was the best in the history of the NFL. They were flat out ridiculous and no team in the NFC was going to beat them. I fully expected what happened

MasterHavik: Yes, in Week 1 we lost. We have 7 starters out. Do you know how teams do when their main guys are out? See Indy today. See Chicago the other year when Urlacher was out. Shit happens. Our QB has a SB ring. Plus, we broke your QB last year. That was fun. And please don't use the word "Chicago" and "Star" unless you are talking about Derrick Rose

And my team wouldn't do this

So Knox and Forte aren't' stars? And yeah D-Rose is a star. But I can't believe you don't think Hester is a star.

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
Hester is a return man star. Sure. But I don't remember any teams winning SBs based off of that position alone. You also need to be great at the position you play and as a Bears fan, I'm sure you will be the first to admit he's an awful WR. Knox is not a star, no. Neither is Forte. I can name at least 15 players in each of their positions that are better.

Gun to your head right now, if you had a choice to draft a top WR or RB, would you do it? Or do you feel you have that already? I can say as a Giants fan we don't need WRs or RBs. They are good players, not stars, not by far. Jay Cutler is not a star either, he's a decent QB. He's certainly far better than anything you've had in 20 years, I'll give you that

ETC AdmiralAugustus

Grabble Frazzled
The bills blew it up this weekend!! I bet Dan has a Buffalo boner haha.... let go pats tonight! I hope they repeat last season when they played the dolphins.

Lord Beef

Death Metal and Trance
Oh I'm so depressed. The boys lost in pure, "im tony romo and choke at the worst possible moment" fashion. Jeebus.

-b_s- :headbang:

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
The Ravens were by and far the most impressive team yesterday. Putting 35 points on the defending AFC Champions, regardless if it's a division rivalry or not, wow. Joe Flacco is now standing the fuck up. It's not just about the Jets/Patriots in the AFC, people are sleeping on the Ravens

And yeah, being a Cowboys fan must be rough. All that talent year after year and no ring. At least w/my team, 9 guys are missing lol. I know for a fact the Giants will not win more than 4 games this year, but hey, I'm glad we at least got a ring recently so I can continue to live in the past

Lord Beef

Death Metal and Trance
The Ravens were by and far the most impressive team yesterday. Putting 35 points on the defending AFC Champions, regardless if it's a division rivalry or not, wow. Joe Flacco is now standing the fuck up. It's not just about the Jets/Patriots in the AFC, people are sleeping on the Ravens

And yeah, being a Cowboys fan must be rough. All that talent year after year and no ring. At least w/my team, 9 guys are missing lol. I know for a fact the Giants will not win more than 4 games this year, but hey, I'm glad we at least got a ring recently so I can continue to live in the past
You said it brutha. But yeah, the Ravens are lookin pretty legit this season, well so far. :D

-b_s- :headbang:

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
I bet prior to that fluke BS TD, you had given up on Cincy winning.
I hate when teams say another team got lucky. Your team had 60 minutes to get the job done. It's as simple as that. In the longterm, I feel Cleveland will have a much brighter future than Cincinatti. I really believe in Colt McCoy

Eazail

Noob
Just looked at the score for the pats game and saw that tom brady has 511 yards and 4 td. Holy $h1t!! How did I miss this? Now I'm wondering what the record for most pissing yards in a game is...

SwiftTomHanks

missiles are coming
Just looked at the score for the pats game and saw that tom brady has 511 yards and 4 td. Holy $h1t!! How did I miss this? Now I'm wondering what the record for most pissing yards in a game is...
544 by Van Something.

Brady is #5 at the moment for a single game.

Tim Static

Adminerator
I bet prior to that fluke BS TD, you had given up on Cincy winning.
Since when has a Cleveland sports team ever been known for sealing the deal?

The Drive, the Fumble, the Shot, World Series Game 7 vs the Marlins? the LeBron?

No doubt i knew it wasnt over. Cleveland sucks. McCoy might grow into something better, but as a Bengals fan, i like him just the way he is now. :)