What's new

READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL!? The 2011-2012 NFL thread

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
I agree with your AFC, but in NFC, Ill take the Rams in the west and I dont think the wild cards are coming out of the east. The Bucs or Falcons will grab one and either the bears or Lions will take the other. I have no faith in Cowboys until they prove otherwise and the Giants defense isnt what it used to be.
You realize the Giants had a top 5 defense last year right? If we didn't collapse on a MAJOR epic level against Philly, we are in the playoffs.

And why did the Falcons name Matt Ryan "Matty Ice" when he has yet to win a playoff game? They were the number 1 seed last year, true, but I don't see them even winning their division.

And why doesn't anybody think GB can repeat? They won the SB w/out 11 starters. They are coming back healthy and 99% of the team is intact. GB is going to light up everybody, calling it now

My SB prediction:

GB vs Steelers

JkOC

Noob
You realize the Giants had a top 5 defense last year right? If we didn't collapse on a MAJOR epic level against Philly, we are in the playoffs.

And why did the Falcons name Matt Ryan "Matty Ice" when he has yet to win a playoff game? They were the number 1 seed last year, true, but I don't see them even winning their division.

And why doesn't anybody think GB can repeat? They won the SB w/out 11 starters. They are coming back healthy and 99% of the team is intact. GB is going to light up everybody, calling it now

My SB prediction:

GB vs Steelers
-I do realize the Giants defense was ranked high and still play well, but I'm not sold on them being dominant like have been in past years(esp the super bowl run). They do still win games with there defense, but it may not be enough. If they can run the football, and Eli protects the ball and has a solid season they could easily take a wild card or the division, but the Gmen love to choke down the stretch. and play below there talent level.
-The Falcons pick is one of just thinking they will improve and make a run. I cant prove that, we have to watch the season play out, lol.
-And I live in Chicago, F green bay, I'm not picking them for the super bowl. I will be salty and enjoy it.

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
-And I live in Chicago, F green bay, I'm not picking them for the super bowl. I will be salty and enjoy it.
This made me laugh. I'm the same way w/the Eagles and their supposed "Dream Team". At least GB and Chi have lots of history. What does Eagles have history of? Nothing, exactly.

As far as the Giants, I know we choked away 3 games: Vs the Titans and both vs the Eagles. I'm STILL pissed over last season

JkOC

Noob
This made me laugh. I'm the same way w/the Eagles and their supposed "Dream Team". At least GB and Chi have lots of history. What does Eagles have history of? Nothing, exactly.

As far as the Giants, I know we choked away 3 games: Vs the Titans and both vs the Eagles. I'm STILL pissed over last season
lol, the Giants meltdown was painful to watch even not being a fan. I am intersted to see how the Eagles play, I guess there weakness is oline and linebackers, but with there corners they should be able to blitz like crazy, and make up for it against most teams. I just wonder if Vick is going to keep it up and play to same level he was at last year. That's a tough season to live up to. But if is healthy he most likely will. I think the NFC will be a lot of fun. Outside of GB and Philly everyone else is kinda bunched together. Should be fun watching it all play out.
And the Eagles tradition is being really good and losing big games pretty much, lol. Im with you on that. Them and Minnesota can battle who loves to choke more in the tradition department.

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
I just honestly don't see GB being beaten again. Minnesota is a joke, McNabb being there makes no difference when their best play maker, Sidney Rice was SO desperate to leave he went to Seattle of all places...........Seattle W/OUT A QB! LOL

Gurrry

Twitch - 12DollarStreamMonster
That pick for the 49ers to make the Super Bowl is crazy. They dont have an answer at QB. Alex Smith isnt getting it done despite countless attempts to give him chances.

I want to see how the Jets look tonight in their pre-season opener. I think they can make some serious strides this year. They were one game away from the Super Bowl last year and they improved their team even further in FA this year. If they continue growing as a team.. they might be meeting the Eagles in the Super Bowl. However, I think the Eagles are likely to slip up down the stretch.

My outlandish pick is that the Browns make the playoffs. Colt McCoy is my boy and from what I have seen out of him it looks like he is ready to make a name for himself this year in the NFL. He doesnt have much talent surrounding him, but I think the Steelers have a down year and the Browns can capitalize off that with the wildcard pick.

I think Tampa Bay is going to be a dominating force this year. Freeman looks sharp so far. He makes the right reads and does what has to be done to get the next first down.

The Texans will go 8-8. Im not sure about the Cowboys... I feel like they have all the pieces to make it to the playoffs.. but something sketchy and random always happens with them every single year. I have a feeling it will be the same way this year as well.

Thats all I got right now. Hook em.

JkOC

Noob
I just honestly don't see GB being beaten again. Minnesota is a joke, McNabb being there makes no difference when their best play maker, Sidney Rice was SO desperate to leave he went to Seattle of all places...........Seattle W/OUT A QB! LOL
Not only did Rice go, but Tavaris Jackson as well, lol. Minnesota is the chick that used to be hot, still trying to pull it off. Your right, McNabb wont help.

I$AAC

Noob
This could be the homer in me but I think the bucs will dominate this year and turn some heads. Blount is going to be a sleeper pick among running backs this year.

Speaking of picks, who's up for a TYM fantasy league?

TWZTID

Noob
Pats D-line is gunna eat up QB's.....

Eagles will choke in the championship game like always.

Pats/Packers SB

Pats win

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
Pats D-line is gunna eat up QB's.....

Eagles will choke in the championship game like always.

Pats/Packers SB

Pats win
I like how the Pats are supposedly in the SB every year but they haven't won a playoff game since 06-07 lol

18-1 sir;)

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
luckily i dont live in the past
I do. Just like you guys, my team hasn't won a playoff game since 07. So, I tend to think about the good days of when we went on a crazy run and won the SB. Patriots fans should think the same, cause you haven't made a dent in anything since that year

TWZTID

Noob
I do. Just like you guys, my team hasn't won a playoff game since 07. So, I tend to think about the good days of when we went on a crazy run and won the SB. Patriots fans should think the same, cause you haven't made a dent in anything since that year
nah..... do i wish the years ended better? yeah sure.

but unlike some teams, pats stay competitive and are guaranteed contenders. Now, if they ever get Raider, Panthers, or even 0-16 Lions status, then i will live in the past.

McNasty

Moist.
first preseason game looked alright for the hawks hopefully they can keep it up. I was almost certain this year would yield failure but that game shed a bit of light.

Tim Static

Adminerator
That pick for the 49ers to make the Super Bowl is crazy. They dont have an answer at QB. Alex Smith isnt getting it done despite countless attempts to give him chances.

I want to see how the Jets look tonight in their pre-season opener. I think they can make some serious strides this year. They were one game away from the Super Bowl last year and they improved their team even further in FA this year. If they continue growing as a team.. they might be meeting the Eagles in the Super Bowl. However, I think the Eagles are likely to slip up down the stretch.

My outlandish pick is that the Browns make the playoffs. Colt McCoy is my boy and from what I have seen out of him it looks like he is ready to make a name for himself this year in the NFL. He doesnt have much talent surrounding him, but I think the Steelers have a down year and the Browns can capitalize off that with the wildcard pick.

I think Tampa Bay is going to be a dominating force this year. Freeman looks sharp so far. He makes the right reads and does what has to be done to get the next first down.

The Texans will go 8-8. Im not sure about the Cowboys... I feel like they have all the pieces to make it to the playoffs.. but something sketchy and random always happens with them every single year. I have a feeling it will be the same way this year as well.

Thats all I got right now. Hook em.
Yea i just think theyre division is ass so thats a toss up. They do have talent, but i dont know. I am just so sick and tired of the drama and bullshit and STUPIDITY in Cincinnati. Throw in whats happened at Ohio State over the last 8 months, and i am just a heartbroken football freak.

But the Browns suck (its Cleveland! LOL) and Colt isnt a NFL QB, at least yet.
Just excuse all my predictions. lol :(

Gurrry

Twitch - 12DollarStreamMonster
Yea i just think theyre division is ass so thats a toss up. They do have talent, but i dont know. I am just so sick and tired of the drama and bullshit and STUPIDITY in Cincinnati. Throw in whats happened at Ohio State over the last 8 months, and i am just a heartbroken football freak.

But the Browns suck (its Cleveland! LOL) and Colt isnt a NFL QB, at least yet.
Just excuse all my predictions. lol :(
Like I said.. Colt will make a name for himself this year. No one really paid much attention to the things he did last year. He was still coming off an injury he suffered at Texas. From what I saw out of him against GB in that pre-season game.. he looks like he is about 2-3 years ahead of where I thought he would be at this point.

He is looking off defenders and throwing extremely accurate passes (something he was known for at Texas). However, lack of surrounding talent will be the main damper on the Browns.

Peyton Hillis is setting himself up for a major bust this year. I love the guy and would love for him to prove me wrong.. but I think he is going to struggle this season. I think he will go through somewhat of a "sophomore slump" this year after the success he had in 2010. And ofcourse.. The Madden curse is still in full effect.

Im excited for tonights pre-season games. Im a huge Vince Young fan. There are alot of haters and doubters of him and I feel like most of those people are wrong in their assumption of VY. He is rebuilding his image at Philly and I cant wait to see how he improves tonight against the Steelers. He already looked like the 2nd best QB on the roster after having only 4 days to learn the playbook.. so I imagine it can only get better from here.

Also - can someone who is a TB fan convince me to take Blount? I know he is a beast. But I have that same feeling about him as I do with Peyton Hillis. I feel like he is going to hit a wall this season and wont be as effective as he was last year. I need some re-confirmation that his guy is going to keep being legit.

catch22

GOD LAO FTW!!!
Like I said.. Colt will make a name for himself this year. No one really paid much attention to the things he did last year. He was still coming off an injury he suffered at Texas. From what I saw out of him against GB in that pre-season game.. he looks like he is about 2-3 years ahead of where I thought he would be at this point.

He is looking off defenders and throwing extremely accurate passes (something he was known for at Texas). However, lack of surrounding talent will be the main damper on the Browns.

Peyton Hillis is setting himself up for a major bust this year. I love the guy and would love for him to prove me wrong.. but I think he is going to struggle this season. I think he will go through somewhat of a "sophomore slump" this year after the success he had in 2010. And ofcourse.. The Madden curse is still in full effect.

Im excited for tonights pre-season games. Im a huge Vince Young fan. There are alot of haters and doubters of him and I feel like most of those people are wrong in their assumption of VY. He is rebuilding his image at Philly and I cant wait to see how he improves tonight against the Steelers. He already looked like the 2nd best QB on the roster after having only 4 days to learn the playbook.. so I imagine it can only get better from here.

Also - can someone who is a TB fan convince me to take Blount? I know he is a beast. But I have that same feeling about him as I do with Peyton Hillis. I feel like he is going to hit a wall this season and wont be as effective as he was last year. I need some re-confirmation that his guy is going to keep being legit.
Cowboy fan till i die, cant wait to see what Rob Ryan does with D Ware and company :D
If the preseason show anything from the first series anyways,it is that they will be gunning for the QB at all times.
and i for one cant wait to see vick and manning on their back :D

SwiftTomHanks

missiles are coming
AFC East: Patriots
AFC North: Ravens
AFC South: Colts
AFC West: Oakland
AFC WC1: Jets
AFC WC2: Houston

NFC East: Eagles
NFC South: Falcons
NFC West: Rams
NFC North: GB
NFC WC1: Bucs
NFC WC2: Lions

Falcons vs Patriots in the bowl.
Everything but your super bowl teams! Well, also replace Huston with the Jags and now we're talking. Packers and Jets this year imo.

And here is a jem for anyone who hasn't seen this already.

Back to back Packers, lets go!

Oh I'm also taking Cinci for worst overall team this year. Thank god Ocho got outa that town in time.

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
That's a great idea! Who does everybody vote to be the worst team this year? Not who you hate the most or who you HOPE is the worst, but w/FA/Trades/Draft picks, who's the worst team?

And really come to think of it, I can't find ANY team that didn't upgrade minus the Bengals. Hate to agree on this pick, but I can easily see them being flat out embarrassing this year

JkOC

Noob
That's a great idea! Who does everybody vote to be the worst team this year? Not who you hate the most or who you HOPE is the worst, but w/FA/Trades/Draft picks, who's the worst team?

And really come to think of it, I can't find ANY team that didn't upgrade minus the Bengals. Hate to agree on this pick, but I can easily see them being flat out embarrassing this year
I don't think the Bengals could win the SEC this year.