What's new

Ranking System on Shoryuken.com!

HoneyBee

Flash God Lord
An update has occurred!
Let us know how the rankings correspond with your view
Although I'm not thrilled with dropping 11 spots I suppose it's better overall. There are some things that aren't right though IMO.

Apex should be premier 12 instead of premier 5.
WB should be premier 5 instead of premier mandatory.
KIT should be premier 5 instead of premier mandatory.
ECT 2014 should be premier 5 instead of premier mandatory.
Toryuken should be premier 12 instead of international.
WNF should be series instead of premier 12.

And if you don't listen to any of that, PLEASE change myself (HoneyBee), Biohazard, and Gunshow to CANADA as our region! We aren't from the USA. Thanks.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Although I'm not thrilled with dropping 11 spots I suppose it's better overall. There are some things that aren't right though IMO.

@Youphemism should be no. 1.
I repeat he should be at the top of the rankings.
Why is this legend not even on the rankings?
He uses moves in ways I've never seen before. He's an elegant soaring eagle.
He's the international elite. The Scottish god.
I'll cry if you don't put him on the rankings.

And if you don't listen to any of that, PLEASE DO NOT change myself (HoneyBee), Biohazard, and Gunshow to CANADA as our region! We are from the USA, born and raised. Thanks.
Aw thanks man, that's really not necessary. But aren't you, Biohazard and Gunshow from Canada? I could've sworn you were...

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.

And if you don't listen to any of that, PLEASE change myself (HoneyBee), Biohazard, and Gunshow to CANADA as our region! We aren't from the USA. Thanks.
stop it WB was a major, it deserves premiere mandatory, ECT and apex i agree however. also saying KIT should get premiere 5 would have you killed by certain members in this community, why do you think you haven't heard from @7L in so long? :DOGE

Mr Aquaman

Armored Launcher
Administrator
Premium Supporter
p2w made it worse, now regionals are worth more than clear majors, east coast got boned lol

Zyphox

An update has occurred!
Let us know how the rankings correspond with your view
i think the list looks more solid now, however one thing is missing. EMPEROR is missing from my name!!!! if someone could add that tid bit that would be awesome! also saltface noobe Grr rebelo and pig of the hut as well.

HoneyBee

Flash God Lord
stop it WB was a major, it deserves premiere mandatory, ECT and apex i agree however. also saying KIT should get premiere 5 would have you killed by certain members in this community, why do you think you haven't heard from @7L in so long? :DOGE
I don't solely base my opinions on weight for whether or not its considered a major by various people. I think it should also be based on number of entrants, level of competition, different regions being represented and frequency of tournaments in the region. Saying WB should be premier 5 doesn't mean its not a major. It was. But based on the number of EC tournaments available and lack of representation from other regions, I would say premier 5.

Indecisive

We'll burn you all—that is your fate!
I don't solely base my opinions on weight for whether or not its considered a major by various people. I think it should also be based on number of entrants, level of competition, different regions being represented and frequency of tournaments in the region. Saying WB should be premier 5 doesn't mean its not a major. It was. But based on the number of EC tournaments available and lack of representation from other regions, I would say premier 5.
To be Fair most EC tournaments dont get many outside regions. Shrugs.

7L

Heads up!
I don't get service where they're keeping me. I've sent out many S.O.S. Carrier pigeons but I don't think they've reached anyone yet.

Zyphox

your right @RM Chongo got top 16, i retract my statements WB was a local. :DOGE:DOGE:DOGE:DOGE:DOGE:DOGE:DOGE:DOGE:DOGE:DOGE:DOGE:DOGE:DOGE:DOGE:DOGE:DOGE:DOGE:DOGE:DOGE:DOGE:DOGE:DOGE:DOGE

bavobbr

Noob

Ok, changed the countries.

For the tournament levels I will discuss with P2W. He chose to use FIXED types while the system may work better using AUTO assignment based on player skills in the tournament. Fixed is a way to solve te fact that some regions have less high profile tournaments then others, but that should not be a factor. A player proves himself against other players wherever they are from, not against a region. The ranking will never be a reflection of the strongest player but of the strongest tournament player, defined by the strength of the opponents he went up against.
In Europe this is even harder to do, only way to really prove themselves is to come join large international tournaments like Evo, Dreamhack, Shadowloo, Canada Cup etc