What's new

Ranking System on Shoryuken.com!

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
Well TS is now premier 12 so I can agree with that but they're tossing around mandatory premier all over the place... Apex says mandatory premier... lol. And so does WB. If it was up to me I'd put 100+ entrants as mandatory premier, 50-99 as premier 5 and 20-49 as premier 12.
i agree WB deserves mandatory premier though, but apex and DTN should not be high than FR. FR and NEC are way too low.

Anyone who wants to see specifics of how they got that rank, just click on their name, and then under the column "Tournaments played" click the number that is highlighted, it will link you to the specifics of those played tournaments.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
East Coast Throwdown, Apex, and Defend The North imo are the most important tournaments to happen in 2014. It's really not our fault that WC didn't travel to them but they should get premier mandatory status. They were probably the most stacked tournaments since evo, this community overhyped tournaments like ufgt just because others had a shot

Immortal Kombat

almost moderate success
East Coast Throwdown, Apex, and Defend The North imo are the most important tournaments to happen in 2014. It's really not our fault that WC didn't travel to them but they should get premier mandatory status. They were probably the most stacked tournaments since evo, this community overhyped tournaments like ufgt just because others had a shot
Quite honestly you should get an extra 1000 points just for playing LL...just saying

bavobbr

Noob
P2W has been given moderator rights to add new tournaments and update player weights.
Any requests to give a tournament a certain weight will be in vain as the system tries to be as objective as possible and calculates that itself. As you can see in AE2012 and MVC3, that starts to work when there is enough data. Exciting times :)

I realize that player weights is up for debate, but it does not matter much if a player is assigned for example 7 or 8 on 10, or one is higher than another. It is used relatively and allows a moderator to correct later when he sees that a player is scoring better or worse than his weight would indicate. I hope it becomes something you can agree one, given the rules that the system imposes