What's new

General/Other Q&A with Kung Lao

I will try that bnb later and report back on it. I don't know what negative edge is.

I know and have been working on 112,spin, JK,DK, Roll, Spin...for like 26% dmg 8 hits. I'll try the other combo as well. any recommendations for the NJP on the second combo?

I will try that bnb later and report back on it. I don't know what negative edge is.

I know and have been working on 112,spin, JK,DK, Roll, Spin...for like 26% dmg 8 hits. I'll try the other combo as well. any recommendations for the NJP on the second combo?
The combo you have posted is an easier combo, at least for most people. Without 112, it'll do about 22%. Now I believe 21 spin is a better alternative because you get slightly more damage. The problem is that it's harder to hit confirm 21 into spin, although i wouldn't be using 21 solely as a block string anyways, more as a punish string.

As for the second combo I listed, it's better than jik dive kick, roll spin. This is because if you 21 spin, njp 1 1 1 24 1+3, you'll do the same damage. If you do 24 1+3 2, you'll do more damage. You get the same wall carry (if not better) and imo, it's easier to do.

As for negative edge, I'll give an example. The input for spin is df1. Now if you wanted to do 112 spin, you'd have to do 112 df1. For 21 though, you can do 21 df and it'll do 21 spin. You might think this is easier but really, this is more of a nuisance because sometimes you get unintended specials that can screw up everything. Therefore I recommend inputting the string regularly, 21 df1.

Yeah, I been using KL seriously since Monday and have had the game since August so I can perform some good combos but not so much with KL..yet. I did not know about that negative edge thing, interesting. For my JK,DK, I always use 4 as the input and kind of just hold it down or hit it again while hitting down after I do the jk (I'm working on becoming more consistent with it.) By the way, the first time you listed the spin and njp combo you had four 1s into the grab and punch and the second time you listed it you only had three. Which one is it? Seems like four would be really hard to pull off but I guess that's just practice.

P.s. I made a KL combo the other day...tell me what you think: (Corner only) Njp, teleport+4,spin,jk,dk,x-ray,2,4,1+2,2 for 13 hits 57% dmg. I actually got off a d1 in between the spin and jk but it did less dmg..lol..14 hits 54% i think. Also, I tried jk,dk,jk,dk after the spin and got it a few times but after xray could never manage the 2,4,1+2,2..Anyway, thanks for the info and combos and I'll report back to you hopefully by tonight with results.

Yeah, I been using KL seriously since Monday and have had the game since August so I can perform some good combos but not so much with KL..yet. I did not know about that negative edge thing, interesting. For my JK,DK, I always use 4 as the input and kind of just hold it down or hit it again while hitting down after I do the jk (I'm working on becoming more consistent with it.) By the way, the first time you listed the spin and njp combo you had four 1s into the grab and punch and the second time you listed it you only had three. Which one is it? Seems like four would be really hard to pull off but I guess that's just practice.

P.s. I made a KL combo the other day...tell me what you think: (Corner only) Njp, teleport+4,spin,jk,dk,x-ray,2,4,1+2,2 for 13 hits 57% dmg. I actually got off a d1 in between the spin and jk but it did less dmg..lol..14 hits 54% i think. Also, I tried jk,dk,jk,dk after the spin and got it a few times but after xray could never manage the 2,4,1+2,2..Anyway, thanks for the info and combos and I'll report back to you hopefully by tonight with results.
Yeah, the bnb i listed with three 1s does the same damage as 21 spin, jik dive kick, roll spin. If you do four 1s it does a little more damage. Four is pretty easy to do but tougher online so if you're playing online I would recommend doing three.

As for your corner combo, it seems pretty fancy. Not sure how often you'll pull that off consistently. I recommend 21 xray, dash 1, jik dive kick, 112, 24 1+3 2 for 57%. The bnb is something like that.

Sage Leviathan

I'm platinum mad!
No offense at all, but ive never used KL before.

I used him for 5 mins in training mode and was already pulling off 30 and 40 percents :/

gdf

Noob
No offense at all, but ive never used KL before.

I used him for 5 mins in training mode and was already pulling off 30 and 40 percents :/
Come on man, go easy on him. He says he has had the game since August. And this may or may not be his first foray into competitive fighting games.

But on the topic, Playpal knows what he is talking about and what he says has a lot of merit in the competitive play department. (Directed at Arcane)

Yeah, the bnb i listed with three 1s does the same damage as 21 spin, jik dive kick, roll spin. If you do four 1s it does a little more damage. Four is pretty easy to do but tougher online so if you're playing online I would recommend doing three.

As for your corner combo, it seems pretty fancy. Not sure how often you'll pull that off consistently. I recommend 21 xray, dash 1, jik dive kick, 112, 24 1+3 2 for 57%. The bnb is something like that.
I tried your 2,1,spin, 1, 1, 1, 2,4,1+2,2 and was able to get it once with the ending 2 and a few times without it. Wasn't able to get four standing 1s in though. I also did 2,1,spin,jk,dk,roll,spin for 7 hits 27%. I was able to get a mid-screen that pushed to the corner w/xray...it was 2,1, spin, jk,dk,jk,dk,xray,,2,4,1+2,2 for something like 54%. I could not get the dash 1 to come out after 2,1, spin, jk,dk. I don't understand how you do it if the DK kicks them away from you...

I tried your 2,1,spin, 1, 1, 1, 2,4,1+2,2 and was able to get it once with the ending 2 and a few times without it. Wasn't able to get four standing 1s in though. I also did 2,1,spin,jk,dk,roll,spin for 7 hits 27%. I was able to get a mid-screen that pushed to the corner w/xray...it was 2,1, spin, jk,dk,jk,dk,xray,,2,4,1+2,2 for something like 54%. I could not get the dash 1 to come out after 2,1, spin, jk,dk. I don't understand how you do it if the DK kicks them away from you...
To do jk dive kick, 1, 24 1+3, you need to do the dive kick instantly after the jump kick. That's why I suggested using negative edge, one of the few times I'll ever suggest it really. As you jump, do 4 d, and you should do 4 dive kick. Then you dash 1.

I recommend doing spin, njp, 1, 1, 1, 241+3 over jik dive kick roll spin. This is because you do the same damage (using three 1s) and you can potentially do more if you land 24 1+3 2. It's also a bnb you can use in any situation; sometimes when you use spin as an anti-air the opponent will be really high and you'll accidentally mistime the jik dive kick, whereas with my recommended bnb you'll land it most of the time (although sometimes you'll need to dash in before the njp).

To do jk dive kick, 1, 24 1+3, you need to do the dive kick instantly after the jump kick. That's why I suggested using negative edge, one of the few times I'll ever suggest it really. As you jump, do 4 d, and you should do 4 dive kick. Then you dash 1.

I recommend doing spin, njp, 1, 1, 1, 241+3 over jik dive kick roll spin. This is because you do the same damage (using three 1s) and you can potentially do more if you land 24 1+3 2. It's also a bnb you can use in any situation; sometimes when you use spin as an anti-air the opponent will be really high and you'll accidentally mistime the jik dive kick, whereas with my recommended bnb you'll land it most of the time (although sometimes you'll need to dash in before the njp).
I will have to play with that negative edge and the dashing. I suppose it's going to take some practice to understand exactly how it will work. I appreciate your assistance and will let you know how I'm doing with this in the near future.

Midscreen BnB no meter

JIP 112 Spin~NJP 1-1-1 24 1+3 2

Midscreen BnB 1 Bar

JIP 112 Spin Divekick 1 Ex Hat 1-1 24 1+3 2.

Corner combo no meter

112/24 Spin NJP Divekick 1-1-1-1 24 1+3 2

Corner 1 bar

JIP 112/24 Spin NJP Divekick 3 Ex hat 3 24 1+3 2.

Corner combo XRay

24/112 Xray 1-1-1-1 24 1+3 2

Midscreen Xray

112 Spin Divekick F3 Xray 24 1+3 2

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
Is there some reason that when people do

122 xx Spin > Jump Kick xx Dive Kick > Dash 1 > 2 4 1+3

they don't add another Dash 1 after the first? In my experience I've found it to be the same difficulty, the most difficult part would probably be landing the first Dash 1. So it would be:

122 xx Spin > Jump Kick xx Dive Kick > Dash 1 > Dash 1 > 2 4, 1+3, JUST FRAME GODLIKENESS

they don't add another Dash 1 after the first? In my experience I've found it to be the same difficulty, the most difficult part would probably be landing the first Dash 1. So it would be:

122 xx Spin > Jump Kick xx Dive Kick > Dash 1 > Dash 1 > 2 4, 1+3, JUST FRAME GODLIKENESS
Yeah I've tried adding two dash 1s, but I thought it was too hard to get consistently. You get like 1% more damage and a little more wall carry.

catch22

GOD LAO FTW!!!
Yeah I've tried adding two dash 1s, but I thought it was too hard to get consistently. You get like 1% more damage and a little more wall carry.
yup.....the way i look at it is why chance dropping a combo? when that extra hit adds no aditional damage at all.

Midscreen BnB no meter

JIP 112 Spin~NJP 1-1-1 24 1+3 2

Midscreen BnB 1 Bar

JIP 112 Spin Divekick 1 Ex Hat 1-1 24 1+3 2.

Corner combo no meter

112/24 Spin NJP Divekick 1-1-1-1 24 1+3 2

Corner 1 bar

JIP 112/24 Spin NJP Divekick 3 Ex hat 3 24 1+3 2.

Corner combo XRay

24/112 Xray 1-1-1-1 24 1+3 2

Midscreen Xray

112 Spin Divekick F3 Xray 24 1+3 2
I understand most of these, and by the way thank you for posting them. However, I don't get the part about simply doing a divekick. Do you mean jumpkick and divekick or just a divekick. How would that look if it is just a divekick? I'm have a bit of trouble with some of his combos from Brady's guide.

I understand most of these, and by the way thank you for posting them. However, I don't get the part about simply doing a divekick. Do you mean jumpkick and divekick or just a divekick. How would that look if it is just a divekick? I'm have a bit of trouble with some of his combos from Brady's guide.
Here, let me reiterate:
Midscreen: 21 spin, jik dive kick, 1, 24 1+3 2 for 33%, 31% without landing the 2.

Midscreen 1 bar: 21 spin, jik dive kick, 2 ex hat, 1, 24 1+3 2 for 41%.

midscreen alternative: 21 spin, njp, jik dive kick, roll spin. 30% (this is fairly tough to do).

midscreen alternative 2: 21 spin, njp, 1, 1, 1, 1, 24 1+3 2 for 31% (29% without the 2. You can do three 1s if it's too hard. Recommended if you catch opponent in the air with spin).

corner: 21 spin, jik dive kick, jump back kick dive kick, 24 1+3 2 for 39%.

midscreen xray: 21 xray, 1, 1, 1, 1, 24 1+3 2 for 52ish%.

corner xray: 21 xray, 1, jik dive kick, 112, 24 1+3 2 for 57ish%.

girl

Reeaally off topic, but damnn is that brady's girl or something?, lookin good

Thanks, I will practice.
little off topic, but you might not only want to practice his combos. Also explore the frame advantages and tricks he has, for example, a below the knee ex dive kick is safe on block did you know that?

Also the BnB's are really up to you but I like to do his jumpkick dive kick roll spin bnb, because it builds hella meter. I fyou go for the damge you can use the same setup but instead of ending with a roll and spin you can use dash 1, ex hat, dash, 1's, 2,4, 1+3. which does around 35% damage or more depending on your amount of 1's.

dash 1 can be best practiced by using a neutral jump punch and then do at least 4 1's before you do his 2,4 into 1+3

hope this helped in anyway.

Screamo Luvr

Ice Warrior
I'm having trouble connecting the 24, 1+3 after a dash 1. 2 hits, but 4 doesn't connect....like it just passes through his body as he falls to the ground.