What's new

Strategy - Sub-Zero Predator V Sub Zero - MKX's First Death

Status
Not open for further replies.

C88 Zombieekiler

Up and coming sub zero
This thread makes me kind of sick. This match is likely a 4-6 and indeed winnable. Threat of ex slide can freeze some zoning. Once predator is cornered, subzero and procede with safe offense..
"wait... d4 can go right through clon...."

shut up. ok. shut up.

do subs meaty setup, get clone out, if you read/guess a wakeup d4, jump and you get a full combo bc u hit him in the recovery frames of d4. if pred does nothing i sees the jump, his only option to beat a jump kick is ex up plasma that moves his body forward a slight bit and will get froze half the time. there is a lot more to the meta than this. I gave you a clear example. Play the match a few hundred times/thousand times and fricken figure something out.

I am not sure why people are so quick to jump to conclusions when the game is so young. Yes it is young. Matchups evolve. So many people crying about half way decent zoning in Predator but they do not say a thing about loopable pressure from kung lao or sinnok.

Used for glue is a hypcrite with an agenda.

it is too early in the game to throw out the wound cowboy classis "I have no options"

Nerf Preds damage, I agree with that, but please do not touch the recovery on his zoning. Please. I believe pred ex stab is not scaling correctly. A fact (if I am right) is something i am 10000% sure NRS knows about.

'drops mic' 'walks over to your girlfriend' 'leaves with her'
4 6 you are fucking crazy bro im going to go test something ill be back to blow you up

Kanalratte

aka FROSTIE
m2dave vs DJT (Tremor). make it happen. plz. back on topic: i'm still playing Sub. yes stupid character loyalist, hope GM still get his fixes and the other variations some buffs.

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
If predator spends two bars (EX bf4 and EX BF2) he can get 56%... That's for reading your projectile. It's mental!

C88 Zombieekiler

Up and coming sub zero
This thread makes me kind of sick. This match is likely a 4-6 and indeed winnable. Threat of ex slide can freeze some zoning. Once predator is cornered, subzero and procede with safe offense..

shut up. ok. shut up.

do subs meaty setup, get clone out, if you read/guess a wakeup d4, jump and you get a full combo bc u hit him in the recovery frames of d4. if pred does nothing i sees the jump, his only option to beat a jump kick is ex up plasma that moves his body forward a slight bit and will get froze half the time. there is a lot more to the meta than this. I gave you a clear example. Play the match a few hundred times/thousand times and fricken figure something out.

I am not sure why people are so quick to jump to conclusions when the game is so young. Yes it is young. Matchups evolve. So many people crying about half way decent zoning in Predator but they do not say a thing about loopable pressure from kung lao or sinnok.

Used for glue is a hypocrite with an agenda.

it is too early in the game to throw out the wound cowboy classics "I have no options"

Nerf Preds damage, I agree with that, but please do not touch the recovery on his zoning. Please. I believe pred ex stab is not scaling correctly. A fact (if I am right) is something i am 10000% sure NRS knows about.

sub zero gets punished every time for a regular clone cancel by preds d4 which is +16 on hit except f4 whichh is safe on everyone the only time he gets pressure after a clone cancel is if he wastes a bar on f4 ex clone cancel which is ~+12 but even then he can only go OH bc hes too far away for b33 and when he walks in pred d4s, when they block the OH d4 punishes it hish qu ten is really hard to get anything going bc cannon eliminates jumps and it has great recovery so sliding isnt an option when you get in you have to have hella respect for d4 bc its 8 frames and punishes nearly everything so get the fuck out of here with that bullshit

Last edited:

D7MHellcat

Frozen Earth
Even though I hadn't practiced in months when my buddy came over to show off his Predator I knew within minutes what it was looking like. Cryomancer is the only option vs Pred because you can at least get some more damage.

All it takes is for some scrubs to bitch about Sub in the first few months of the game and he'll get nerfed and never buffed again.

I'm pretty sure I'm cursed to have my favorite character never be viable as a loyalist. Fuck it I guess I have Tremor finally...oh yeah nvm

Paul the Octopus

Slow Starter
Also, thank goodness TYM has that policy of not front paging podcasts unless it's the first episode. With the myriad of NRS podcasts these days, we'd miss out on gems like this amazing thread if all the useless podcasts were cluttering up the front page.

-___________-

I GOT HANDS

Official Infrared Scorp wid gapless Wi-Fi pressure

shut up. ok. shut up.

Used for glue is a hypocrite with an agenda.

it is too early in the game to throw out the wound cowboy classics "I have no options"

Nice job completely missing the point of this thread, it's not about the Pred vs SZ match up, it's about the characters tools in comparison to each other relevant to the entire game.

It's also not crying about Predator, it's complaining about SZ. Nobody is saying Predator is unbalanced, just that Sub has been really shit on and could use a leg up with his variations need just being crappier versions of a playstyle Pred can do much better.

You got way too hype at yourself for someone who didn't even comprehend what people are discussing in here.

It doesn't work when you have to say it about yourself

Status
Not open for further replies.