What's new

Pokemon X and Y - Discussion/Friend Code Exchange

It's really good. As a heavy Venusaur player...he pisses me off to no end lol.
Just fought another Mega Venusaur.... his outrage at that point was stupid. I could Life Orb it, but I still give it the Assault vest. Gives it high level special bulk, while still being a +1 sweeper. He has damn good coverage in that move pool

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Just fought another Mega Venusaur.... his outrage at that point was stupid. I could Life Orb it, but I still give it the Assault vest. Gives it high level special bulk, while still being a +1 sweeper. He has damn good coverage in that move pool
Yeah both physically and specially his move pools are awesome, and there isn't much reason to give him an or when lefties or assault vest help him so much more.

Oh that was you? Sweet lol, sorry about getting offline I assumed you were getting off too. I would've gladly played a few more. I really wasn't expecting CC on that Pinsir that's for sure, and you're right about the sleep powder, it was something I smacked myself for after the fact lol. GG's though those were fun. Hopefully we can play again soon. :)
Yeah ik i was playing someone from TYM. just forgot who at the time. Yeah we should definitely play again

Give me 3 random pokemon. I'll assemble a 6 man team around those 3 no matter how bad they are? Qualifications "MUST BE FULLY EVOLVED" some exceptions like good Evioliters. Suggestions cannot be all the same type. You can have 2 of the same type maximum. 1st team will have a Jumpluff / Dunsparce / Delibird. The DJD won't be stopped.
Sunflora/Yanmega/Aggron =P

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
Questions about hidden abilities:

1) I have a Dratini with Marvel Scale. If I evolve it to Dragonite, will it have Multiscale or Inner Focus?

2) I have a Bold Male Froakie with Protean. I want to breed it so I can find a female and breed that with its Timid Partner, but I'm afraid I'm going to lose Protean if I breed it since there's only a 20% chance to pass the ability down to the child. Is there a sure way to pass it down?

Indecisive

We'll burn you all—that is your fate!

1) I have a Dratini with Marvel Scale. If I evolve it to Dragonite, will it have Multiscale or Inner Focus?

2) I have a Bold Male Froakie with Protean. I want to breed it so I can find a female and breed that with its Timid Partner, but I'm afraid I'm going to lose Protean if I breed it since there's only a 20% chance to pass the ability down to the child. Is there a sure way to pass it down?
The Dragonite will have Multiscale. When you breed and make eggs you will either get Protean or Torent. So you have to keep trying it until you get the right ability and such. :(

1. Since Marvel Scale is its hidden ability when it evolves it will still have it's hidden ability, so Dragonite will have Marvel Scale.

2. Only Females pass down the hidden ability, unless the male breeds with a Ditto. When a female with the HA breeds with a male in the same egg group, iirc I think there is a 60% chance that the offspring will have the HA and when a male with the HA breeds with ditto there is a 20% chance that the offspring will have the HA. Also I have like 10 different types of froakies and much to spare, so hit me up if you want one or a few.

Edit: Oops, its actually 80% not 60%

Last edited:

xKhaoTik

1. Since Marvel Scale is its hidden ability when it evolves it will still have it's hidden ability, so Dragonite will have Marvel Scale.

2. Only Females pass down the hidden ability, unless the male breeds with a Ditto. When a female with the HA breeds with a male in the same egg group, iirc I think there is a 60% chance that the offspring will have the HA and when a male with the HA breeds with ditto there is a 20% chance that the offspring will have the HA. Also I have like 10 different types of froakies and much to spare, so hit me up if you want one or a few.

I just want a timid one with protean. I have a jolly one with protean and I enjoy it, but its obvious that he's best at special attacking, so I would need a timid one. If you have that, I would be grateful. What's your FC?

I just want a timid one with protean. I have a jolly one with protean and I enjoy it, but its obvious that he's best at special attacking, so I would need a timid one. If you have that, I would be grateful. What's your FC?
Aside from that i also I have

6iv
Timid Hp Fire 31/0/31/30/31/30
Modest Hp Fire 31/0/31/30/31/30
Hasty Hp fire 31/31/30/30/31/30
Hasty Hp Fighting 31/31/30/30/30/30
Timid 31/0/31/31/31/31
Modest 31/0/31/31/31/31
all Protean

5iv
Timid Hp Fire 31/x/31/30/31/30
Modest Hp Fire 31/x/31/30/31/30
and I think I might need like 5 minutes to breed the basic Timid and Modest 31/x/31/31/31/31 ones lol.
All protean as well

For the 5iv oneyou can have as many as you want for the 6iv ones I would need something in return.
oh and my My FC is 1693-1728-41754

Edit
Nvm I do have the timid/modest 31/x/31/31/31/31 ones

Last edited:

xKhaoTik

6iv
Timid 31/0/31/31/31/31
Modest 31/0/31/31/31/31
all Protean

5iv
Timid Hp Fire 31/x/31/30/31/30
Modest Hp Fire 31/x/31/30/31/30
and I think I might need like 5 minutes to breed the basic Timid and Modest 31/x/31/31/31/31 ones lol.
All protean as well

For the 5iv oneyou can have as many as you want for the 6iv ones I would need something in return.
oh and my My FC is 1693-1728-41754

Edit
Nvm I do have the timid/modest 31/x/31/31/31/31 ones

Well, shit LOL. I'd like the 5IV HP fire Timid one please. Also, you added an extra number in your FC so I haven't added it yet.

ShadowBeatz

Dropper of Bass and Bombs

6iv
Timid 31/0/31/31/31/31
Modest 31/0/31/31/31/31
all Protean
How did you manage to get the 0's and the 30's to be where you wanted them? I tried breeding for HP and failed.... miserably

How did you manage to get the 0's and the 30's to be where you wanted them? I tried breeding for HP and failed.... miserably
The 0's in attack for those Greninja sets dont do much. All they do is help him take fouls plays a bit better which doesnt happen that often so I wouldnt worry about that. At first my friend and I caught alot of dittos in the friend safari and found out which ones had 30 ivs. Then we would use the right corresponding power item and breed the 30 ivs onto an offspring until we got a decent one. Then you just repaeat that process until you finish. Then when the pokebank came out I just traded some guy to gen me some dittos with a bunch of HP spreads. For example I have a modest 31/0/31/30/31/30 ditto and a timid 31/0/31/30/31/30 froakie and i just breed those together for hp fire. All I have to do is pick the nature with the everstone. Now if they both have 31/0/31/30/31/30 ivs then it is just a 1/32 chance that the offspring will have those ivs since 5 are guaranteed with destiny knot and the last iv has a 1/32 chance of being the one you want. Same goes with like a 31/30/31/30/31/30 spread.

Edit
Oh and since I have 0 ivs in attack I can easily tell if the attack was copied or not from the guy in kiloude. Unless he says I have outstanding potential average then I hope that the rest of the stats were copied and the 0 attack was randomly generated and I will just run an iv calculator to make sure.

Also the most common HP fire spread is 31/x/31/30/31/3o where the x is even number. So with my set up I have 1/6 * 1/2 + 5/6 *1/32 = 10.9375. So i think I have around an 11% chance of breeding a 31/x/31/30/31/30 HP fire froakie. Not including the desired ability where most people want protean. Actually im not so sure that a male HA poke and ditto have a 20% chance of passing the HA to the offspring. I should check that again.

Last edited: