What's new

Out of all the artists, even rappers, why Wiz?

KH_Seraph

ҜømbÄŦ Ħøu&Ŧøπ
Off topic - where tha fuck were all the pittsburgh players when i lived there?

I'm going back there next week to visit friends i wanna get gamesssss (jk im prob just gonna party)
I actually just moved here from Houston last year in June. Most of the players here play casuals at CMU (Facebook Group is called CMUKen). They most play anime fighting games and Street Fighter though. Only a couple played Injustice, none of them seemed to play Mortal Kombat except casually.

I'd love to see if others played MK though. MKX might make me want to start a scene up here..Kombat Houston: Pittsburgh Charter anyone? Lol.

EDIT: @C88_Real_Harris bro! I live up in Mt. Washington. Even though I'm rusty AF after not playing for a few months, we should get a casuals scene together.

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
I think you are reading a little too much into the music selection for the trailer lol. No one is going to buy the game because of the hype trailer song, so I don't think there was much of a strategic vision behind it. Maybe someone at NRS has a connection and asked him to do it, who knows lol.

I actually just moved here from Houston last year in June. Most of the players here play casuals at CMU (Facebook Group is called CMUKen). They most play anime fighting games and Street Fighter though. Only a couple played Injustice, none of them seemed to play Mortal Kombat except casually.

I'd love to see if others played MK though. MKX might make me want to start a scene up here..Kombat Houston: Pittsburgh Charter anyone? Lol.

EDIT: @C88_Real_Harris bro! I live up in Mt. Washington. Even though I'm rusty AF after not playing for a few months, we should get a casuals scene together.
yea for sure. I stay in West Mifflin, not too far from Mt. Washington

I think you are reading a little too much into the music selection for the trailer lol. No one is going to buy the game because of the hype trailer song, so I don't think there was much of a strategic vision behind it. Maybe someone at NRS has a connection and asked him to do it, who knows lol.
I know, I wrote this while on the toilet, do all my deeping thinking there :p.

Oh and Assassin's Creed: Black Flag used a Drake song, I believe it was Started From The Bottom, guess it's a industry trend?

astronout

see you at the top.
I guess, I don't know who Wiz attracts that doesn't purely listen to Hip-Hop, it's not like Wiz makes tracks catered towards women or anyone else, his music is rap at it's core. At least Drake or The Weeknd attract horny and/or broken hearted women/men and the handful of turn up party teenage and up crowd.

And the largest consumer of hip-hop is suburban white folk, learned it in my sociology class, so, white people already listen to hip-hop. What demogrpahic is left? #themoreyouknow
ah, i also learned that tidbit of info in my intro socy class (graduated last year with my BA in Sociology)

you're not completely digesting the information that you yourself have laid out.
Wiz Khalifa has a diverse fanbase though, the majority said fanbase is in fact comprised of teenaged white suburbanites. His fanbase also happens share similarities with the Mortal Kombat fanbase. Though unlike Wiz Khalifa's fanbase, Mortal Kombat's normal fanbase does not reach out or attract the female demographic. With these circumstances, one can easily see why Warner Bros (who has had previous ties with Mr. Khalifa) would reach out to Wiz in hopes to facilitate a mutually beneficial relationship.

The crown goes to drizzy if you mean Drake lmao that was funny, i rather them stick with the MK themed music but it's just a trailer probably isn't gonna be much rap in the actual game but at least i'll be able to unmute the volume unlike i can with most fighters.

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
He's def not the hottest artist in hip-hop at the moment, that crown goes to Drizzy. So what demographic does Khalifa attract? Young males, weed smokers, females?

I know his new mix tape was pretty dope, but, don't see why randomly pick him. Guess hip-hop is the new trend, Eminiem made Survival track for Call of Duty: Ghosts, guess that's the demographic these huge games wants to attract, i.e, whiny bitch made teenagers? Guess, there's going to be more 420 blaze it douchebags online, screaming "bruh" all day.

Trololol.

I like Wiz however.

Should of went with, someone else. maybe not even a hip-hop artist.
lol at weed smokers