What's new

Out of all the artists, even rappers, why Wiz?

He's def not the hottest artist in hip-hop at the moment, that crown goes to Drizzy. So what demographic does Khalifa attract? Young males, weed smokers, females?

I know his new mix tape was pretty dope, but, don't see why randomly pick him. Guess hip-hop is the new trend, Eminiem made Survival track for Call of Duty: Ghosts, guess that's the demographic these huge games wants to attract, i.e, whiny bitch made teenagers? Guess, there's going to be more 420 blaze it douchebags online, screaming "bruh" all day.

Trololol.

I like Wiz however.

Should of went with, someone else. maybe not even a hip-hop artist.

astronout

see you at the top.
the music choice was a smart pick as it features a new song from Wiz Khalifa, an extremely successful cross-over rap artist. The song itself will garner attention from everyone in Wiz Khalifa's demographic (black and white, aged 15-30 men and women, essentially Mortal Kombat's demo) with a focus on attracting their less catered to demo (young women). WB and Netherrealm know that they already have the entire spectrum of the male demographic locked as indicated by the success of Mortal Kombat 9, so trying to reach young women with seemingly the most popular cross-over rap artist in recent time seems to be a smart decision marketing wise.

-what i posted in the original thread

the music choice was a smart pick as it features a new song from Wiz Khalifa, an extremely successful cross-over rap artist. The song itself will garner attention from everyone in Wiz Khalifa's demographic (black and white, aged 15-30 men and women, essentially Mortal Kombat's demo) with a focus on attracting their less catered to demo (young women). WB and Netherrealm know that they already have the entire spectrum of the male demographic locked as indicated by the success of Mortal Kombat 9, so trying to reach young women with seemingly the most popular cross-over rap artist in recent time seems to be a smart decision marketing wise.

-what i posted in the original thread
Where you getting these numbers? If they want a female demographic to play, go with Drake or The Weeknd (Made song for Hunger Games: Catching Fire).

What does cross over artist mean?

astronout

see you at the top.
Where you getting these numbers? If they want a female demographic to play, go with Drake or The Weeknd (Made song for Hunger Games: Catching Fire).

What does cross over artist mean?
cross over refers to when a prominent artist in one genre manages to appeal to those who wouldn't otherwise listen to that particular genre of music.

an example of what i'm referring to:

the numbers are generic as they refer to young teens and adults. Also, I never said that WB or Netherrealm were trying to cater solely to women, which is why The Weeknd nor Drake would work in this instance as they aren't cross-over artist.

Groove Heaven

Jobber-baron
I agree, it should have been Lil B.

Seriously though, we don't know how many artists, if any, turned down the commission. Wiz wasn't necessarily the first choice, but I think he did fine. He might not be at the absolute height of his fame but he's still extremely relevant.

NoobHunter420

Scrub God Lord
wiz is a great choice, never heard the song before tho
the fact that the song has "whos next" in it might had something to do with it.

VenomX-90

"On your Knees!"
I admit, the song went well with the environment they were fighting in, well the beat anyway. I like the song overall, but they could have used some type of metal song.

Reactions: MKB
cross over refers to when a prominent artist in one genre manages to appeal to those who wouldn't otherwise listen to that particular genre of music.

an example of what i'm referring to:

the numbers are generic as they refer to young teens and adults. Also, I never said that WB or Netherrealm were trying to cater solely to women, which is why The Weeknd nor Drake would work in this instance as they aren't cross-over artist.
I guess, I don't know who Wiz attracts that doesn't purely listen to Hip-Hop, it's not like Wiz makes tracks catered towards women or anyone else, his music is rap at it's core. At least Drake or The Weeknd attract horny and/or broken hearted women/men and the handful of turn up party teenage and up crowd.

And the largest consumer of hip-hop is suburban white folk, learned it in my sociology class, so, white people already listen to hip-hop. What demogrpahic is left? #themoreyouknow