What's new

General/Other - Kotal Kahn (OLD) Kotal Kahn Pre-Release General Discussion Thread

What variation do you plan on using the most?

• War God

Votes: 11 22.0%
  • Sun God

Votes: 18 36.0%
  • Blood God

Votes: 14 28.0%
  • All Equally

Votes: 7 14.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

REDRUM

www.twitter.com/redrum26
Kotal Khan has a lot of Ares in him ... you can tell NRS kinda used Ares as a base... hes got some of his strings too...

This dudes design is too badass... Looks incredible... The only thig i hated was his Fatality (Ive only seen 1 not his #2) ... Its boring and pretty much a rip off of Kano/SKarlet

Johnny2d

Xbl: Johnny2Die
My favorite character of the roster so far, if skarlet doesn't make it its only right I play a descendent of the person who made her! Love this guys lust for blood and self mutilation like skarlet, that xray so brutal! Blood god all the way!
Dude, I think Kotal Kahn is Skarlet's kid. Blood God? That sounds like something passed down from his mother. He has a special in Blood God mode where he cuts himself across his chest and it deals damage to himself, I'm assuming he gets a damage buff for a while after that, but again, kinda like Skarlet's blood ball. He has a fatality where he holds up body parts, then drinks their blood, sounds like mamma. I think Kotal Kahn is actually Shao Kahn's grandson. That or Shao Kahn made a baby with Skarlet, making him Shao Kahn's son... and grandson kinda.

I'm not only maining Kotal Kahn, I'm claiming Blood God mode too, the red is too awesome, and all the Skarlet like stuff... If it turns out none of the stuff I just said is true, I'm still going with it in my mind if Skarlet doesn't make it back, Skarlet must live on.

Johnny2d

Didn't see this mentioned with blood god but I'm also seeing a parry that looks like it absorbs physical hits but not projectiles. I haven't seen it in the other variations so it looks specific to blood god. This parry looks to grant a buff. So it looks like he gets buffs from totems, cutting himself, and parry. I wonder if they all stack, if he can get to insane levels of damage, or if his setups get better, like more frame advantage on anything, or faster startup or more range. WHAT DO ALL THE BUFFS DO!!!

LunSei

the owl
I like his design: always had a thing for the "ancient Aztec godking" trope. I love Ogre in Tekken and Algol in SoulCalibur, so I'm sure I'll love Kotal Khan too.

I wonder why he's got blue skin, given that he's a sun god and all that.

His first fatality isn't very original, but after all, since he's got an Aztec theme, an heart rip fatality was pretty much obligatory.

I don't think he's the son of Shao Khan and certainly not of Skarlet. It's much more likely he's an elder god, so he might actually be Shao Khan's father or grandfather.

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
So it looks like he has a move that drains the enemy's attack strength. I saw him do some kind of throw on FerraTorr, and shortly after that, FerraTorr does a kombo on Khan but it only ends up doing 6% for 4 hits!

Of course, this may be "power drain" as much as it is "defense increase" buff, same thing in terms of effect. He takes less damage after the throw.
Interesting, considering how we see him grab people's faces quite a lot in the footage, but he had said grab extended once in one of the videos, much like Grundy's Pain chain. It makes sense that this is how the character rolls, using buffs from grabs/totems/whatever.

He'd better be not ass.

cyke_out

Noob
So far the variation with the sword is getting my attention due to just how bad add it looks. I'm hoping it's good and the most melee rush down style .

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
Dude, I think Kotal Kahn is Skarlet's kid. Blood God? That sounds like something passed down from his mother. He has a special in Blood God mode where he cuts himself across his chest and it deals damage to himself, I'm assuming he gets a damage buff for a while after that, but again, kinda like Skarlet's blood ball. He has a fatality where he holds up body parts, then drinks their blood, sounds like mamma. I think Kotal Kahn is actually Shao Kahn's grandson. That or Shao Kahn made a baby with Skarlet, making him Shao Kahn's son... and grandson kinda.

I'm not only maining Kotal Kahn, I'm claiming Blood God mode too, the red is too awesome, and all the Skarlet like stuff... If it turns out none of the stuff I just said is true, I'm still going with it in my mind if Skarlet doesn't make it back, Skarlet must live on.
Dude has been confirmed to be an ancient aztec era guy, he's too old be related to Skarlet.

Wow i really hope this dude is really hard to play cause seems everyone has there eye on him
That's mostly because he has had the most relevant and interesting footage shown out of the revealed cast, even more that Sub and Scorpion.
Didn't see this mentioned with blood god but I'm also seeing a parry that looks like it absorbs physical hits but not projectiles. I haven't seen it in the other variations so it looks specific to blood god. This parry looks to grant a buff. So it looks like he gets buffs from totems, cutting himself, and parry. I wonder if they all stack, if he can get to insane levels of damage, or if his setups get better, like more frame advantage on anything, or faster startup or more range. WHAT DO ALL THE BUFFS DO!!!
It's more of an activation type of move , he uses the energy from it to summon a pillar of light that heals him and damages enemies.

See how the counter glow fades away after he summons the light pillar

RelentlessOhio

Divekick x 1000
Oh you mysterious skinny Aztec man. Gotta feeling he's gonna be top or top-mid tier. These variations are going to make MU predictions a mofo.

Johnny2d

Dude has been confirmed to be an ancient aztec era guy, he's too old be related to Skarlet.

That's mostly because he has had the most relevant and interesting footage shown out of the revealed cast, even more that Sub and Scorpion.

It's more of an activation type of move , he uses the energy from it to summon a pillar of light that heals him and damages enemies.

See how the counter glow fades away after he summons the light pillar
Thanks for the info!

About him being too old... They stashed their baby in the past! Jk

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
Speculative information - Kotal Kahn is the successor of Shang Tsung, not sure if son or apprentice, but has some connection to him.
Source: not really credible, but damn.

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
http://www.primagames.com/games/mortal-kombat-x/feature/mortal-kombat-x-kotal-kahn-demo-impressions

In the Sun God fighting style, Kahn gains access to a choke slam that increases his self-buff by one level. As he powers up, the choke slam inflicts more and more damage until he reaches the level three maximum. Kahn also has the ability to heal himself in Sun God style. To do so, he uses one bar of meter and loses all self-buff power-ups. The level of his power-up determines how much health is gained. The higher the level, the more health Kahn receives.
So people were right, that's in fact how that works.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
Fuck'n knew it.

I'm so fucking hype for Sun God right now.

The concept of a command grab that increases in effectiveness the more you do it, and heals you(sort of) makes my dick moist.

NRS is really stepping up their depth this time, hot damn I cant wait to see what else they have cooking.

Updated the main post with this information, as well as the info on Blood God and War God.

Mortal Komhat

Worst Well-Established Goro Player Ever
Y'know, I read this thread and I'm fearful that NRS just premature ejaculated across all our faces. Kotal Kahn is that much the business.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
we've got the most info and gameplay than any of the other character revealed so far, down to the point of knowing exactly what almost all of his special moves are and what they do.

Das Boot:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.