What's new

General/Other - Kotal Kahn (OLD) Kotal Kahn Pre-Release General Discussion Thread

What variation do you plan on using the most?

• War God

Votes: 11 22.0%
  • Sun God

Votes: 18 36.0%
  • Blood God

Votes: 14 28.0%
  • All Equally

Votes: 7 14.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

AU_JUST_LOST

You just got Skadoodled
was looking through some gameplay and i'm not sure if anyone noticed, but kotal kahn can sacrifice his buffs to gain meter. If you go to 9:00 in this video you can clearly see it

Dark

Noob
was looking through some gameplay and i'm not sure if anyone noticed, but kotal kahn can sacrifice his buffs to gain meter. If you go to 9:00 in this video you can clearly see it
Hmm, I've seen him sacrifice them for health in other gameplays.. I guess he can choose between the two

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
What do u guys think Kotal Kahn's second fatality should be? I think it should be more like apacalypto where he would grab his opponent kneel down and place them on their back over his lap and gut them from their navel to their chest plate using his side knife, rip them open and take out their heart, then then finish the job by sawing off their head and raising it as his finishing pose, brutal
If it is any variation of this using sun...I'm hooked.

_CHINOCUDEIRO_

Machakabotones
please, could someone explain me if Kotal has a parry?
If so... how is it (low,high,grab,...) and if its available for the 3 versions or just one?
THANKS

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
If I recall correctly, it charges his hands with a glowing effect and it allow him to summon a pillar of light that heals him when he's in it and damages enemies when they are in it. Doesn't have a low parry, and this is universal if i'm not mistaken.

_CHINOCUDEIRO_

Machakabotones
If I recall correctly, it charges his hands with a glowing effect and it allow him to summon a pillar of light that heals him when he's in it and damages enemies when they are in it. Doesn't have a low parry, and this is universal if i'm not mistaken.

So... you can only activate the "light pillar" when you do a parry before? And... can you activate this pillar whenever and wherever you want after doing the parry?
Thanks again :)

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
Yup.

No one knows the final rate of healing/damage dealing the pillar does yet as it seems to have varied the few times it's been shown, but healing is always an amazing asset in fighting games.

Pnut

Mouth of the Illuminati
Yup.

No one knows the final rate of healing/damage dealing the pillar does yet as it seems to have varied the few times it's been shown, but healing is always an amazing asset in fighting games.
From watching the Kombat Kasts, you can summon the Light at any time. I think the parry may make it more powerful or something, I don't know for sure.

_CHINOCUDEIRO_

Machakabotones
From watching the Kombat Kasts, you can summon the Light at any time. I think the parry may make it more powerful or something, I don't know for sure.
Sooo, noone knows exactly how parry works? The parry move and the pillar of light works indenpently? I´ve seen I think all the Kotal matches shown but I dont get it yet

Pnut

Mouth of the Illuminati
Sooo, noone knows exactly how parry works? The parry move and the pillar of light works indenpently? I´ve seen I think all the Kotal matches shown but I dont get it yet
Yeah Kotal has changed a lot through development so I don't know much of what's going on besides the totems.

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
They never showed in detail how parry works. Considering that it took them like 7 attempts to connect Takeda's reflect with Raiden's fullscreen fireball, no surprise that we have only seen whiffed parry on streams.

PizzaMasta

Hellblazer
I'll probably be going for Blood God Kotal, he looks so good with the red tattoos and eyes; and I love the mindset of placing totems around and playing accordingly to your setups. Though I have to admit that War God is pretty much Shao Kahn, he actually does the exact same moves with his club/sword/pillar of death that Shao did with his hammer, and that attracts me. A lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.