What's new

Official UMK3:TE Changelog and Discussion Thread

dubson

Noob
Yeah as far as I know button mapping is completely legit in MK9… i really do not like button mapping lol

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
It would be sick if the console versions would allow to map the directionals, it would make input bug more tolerable by using shortcuts to perform jumps. Anyway i'm pretty sure you can map on the PC version. I do it with USFIV, i map the Select on the L2 button to perform slinks instead of rewiring my stick for it.

umk_p1

Noob
It would be sick if the console versions would allow to map the directionals, it would make input bug more tolerable by using shortcuts to perform jumps. Anyway i'm pretty sure you can map on the PC version. I do it with USFIV, i map the Select on the L2 button to perform slinks instead of rewiring my stick for it.
u mean u do light punch and ligt kick plinking with select button? actually it is legit, every top sf4 player use it at tournaments. And sf4 tournament scene is the biggest and we can consider them as the tournament standart for every other fighting game. Tokido now uses 2 additional buttons mapped for jump, so he plink them to do instant ultra 2 whil standing, so no need to whiff move or jump to buffer ultra-motion.... and still, no one baned him

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
u mean u do light punch and ligt kick plinking with select button? actually it is legit, every top sf4 player use it at tournaments. And sf4 tournament scene is the biggest and we can consider them as the tournament standart for every other fighting game. Tokido now uses 2 additional buttons mapped for jump, so he plink them to do instant ultra 2 whil standing, so no need to whiff move or jump to buffer ultra-motion.... and still, no one baned him
Yeah i heard is allowed, so none has banned this yet. Also my Stick is a Hori Design i can switch the start with the select, although is much more difficult to slink with that on PS3 i still possible with some good practice, aside from that i play Ibuki, it should be easier to slink with her because the input window is larger because of tsumuji special move.

DWednesday

Undisputed #1 ScrubBot Worldwide.
Speaking of button mapping/iAFBs/etc, anyone know the minimum/maximum input window in UMK3?

Whilst messing around with some alt. mappings, the Kabal/Kang/Kitana iAFB/iAFan isn't a problem (mapping an extra button on my keyboard to up), however as a RoboSmoHomo player, I thought mapping buttons might come in handy for Invisibility using the "Tokido Akuma Ultra 2 method", but apparently I was wrong (not that it's exactly needed, totally is just for fun). It seems that "plinking" 2 different Up inputs might be too fast for the game to register.

Unless of course it's just an issue with my keyboard outputs to my PC. It might work on a legit hitbox/controller/stick?
Anyone shed any light on this? @Shock @ded @Konqrr @umk_p1 @anyone else that might know...

Last edited:

umk_p1

Noob
The fastest input requiers at least 1 blank frame inbetween, this is about double same direction inputs (back back hp), kabal's spin back-fwd also needs 1 fr btwn iirc. Can't say for sure about down-fwd like jade green kick, need testing. Interesting thing is if u stretch back-fwd input for ex. kabal's spin then it affects to the input window of the rest buttons (lk)
Let's say u perform fastest possible back-fwd motion which takes 3frames, then u can delayur Lk onput up until 15 for ex(dont remeber exact frames), and if u perform longest possible back-fwd input, let it be 10 frames, then u got 5 frames to input Lk, so obviously u cant stretch inputs for too long. Also im not too sure if total maximum nuber of frames always constant if u vary delays btwn b-f and f-lk.
Don't know if this helps. No plink in umk

Last edited:

DWednesday

Undisputed #1 ScrubBot Worldwide.
No plink in umk
Thanks for the answer Mr. Maf.

Note: I didn't mean actual plinking, just a similar input style. Example: 2 different buttons mapped to up, 1 button mapped to run, "plink" (but not actual plink) Up button 1, then Up button 2, then tap run, and I'm getting nothing happen. Maybe not leaving that blank frame in between... or maybe a keyboard issue?

I'll look into it/practice :)

Last edited:

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter

Note: I didn't mean actual plinking, just a similar input style. Example: 2 different buttons mapped to up, 1 button mapped to run, "plink" (but not actual plink) Up button 1, then Up button 2, then tap run, and I'm getting nothing happen. Maybe not leaving that blank frame in between... or maybe a keyboard issue?

I've tried mapping "Up" and "HP" to the right analog (as well as the original buttons), and it seems to work fine. Wanted to try the cheap iAFB stuff and it works fairly well. But unless I practice it for awhile, it's not that useful, and I don't plan on practicing it since it would probably be banned. I don't necessarily think it should be banned, specifically for iAFB's, but it could open up some broken possibilities, might as well snip it out now and ban multiple button mapping. Kind of unfortunate since I use both L1 and L2 for run, and both R1 and R2 for block, just something I got used to since that's how it is on the 2006 XBLA version of UMK3.

umk_p1

Noob

i didn't get what you want to get with this mapping, why 2 ups?

nwo

Noob
I've tried mapping "Up" and "HP" to the right analog (as well as the original buttons), and it seems to work fine. Wanted to try the cheap iAFB stuff and it works fairly well. But unless I practice it for awhile, it's not that useful, and I don't plan on practicing it since it would probably be banned. I don't necessarily think it should be banned, specifically for iAFB's, but it could open up some broken possibilities, might as well snip it out now and ban multiple button mapping. Kind of unfortunate since I use both L1 and L2 for run, and both R1 and R2 for block, just something I got used to since that's how it is on the 2006 XBLA version of UMK3.
Yeah that's exactly what I was saying a while ago, but actually you press B, B+up. Not B, B, Up.

If you do B, B+up....on stick 100% of the time an iAFB comes out...its extremely cheap.

Edit: What it looks like is Back, neutral, Back + roll the stick up. I can machine gun iAFB's like this.

Last edited:

mkholic

Noob
The fastest input requiers at least 1 blank frame inbetween, this is about double same direction inputs (back back hp), kabal's spin back-fwd also needs 1 fr btwn iirc. Can't say for sure about down-fwd like jade green kick, need testing. Interesting thing is if u stretch back-fwd input for ex. kabal's spin then it affects to the input window of the rest buttons (lk)
Let's say u perform fastest possible back-fwd motion which takes 3frames, then u can delayur Lk onput up until 15 for ex(dont remeber exact frames), and if u perform longest possible back-fwd input, let it be 10 frames, then u got 5 frames to input Lk, so obviously u cant stretch inputs for too long. Also im not too sure if total maximum nuber of frames always constant if u vary delays btwn b-f and f-lk.
Don't know if this helps. No plink in umk
every point u've made there is not true
in fact double inputs have 2 null frames, others none
there is fixed total number of frames to perform a special move, it actvates whenever u press the last button of the combination, if there wasn't "stretching" of some kind, all the specials would be frame-perfect (iaf is one of them in part which i'm gonna try to explain next)
Yeah that's exactly what I was saying a while ago, but actually you press B, B+up. Not B, B, Up.

If you do B, B+up....on stick 100% of the time an iAFB comes out...its extremely cheap.

Edit: What it looks like is Back, neutral, Back + roll the stick up. I can machine gun iAFB's like this.
for iaf it goes something like this: [b1, wait at least 2 frames, b2 (don't let it go to the end cuz u need to jump back), up+hp (on the same frame)]
[...] - set number of frames for fire ball's input window (25)
b1 - first time u press back for whatever 25 total frames - 2 null frames - b2 is
b2 - second time u press back for whatever 25 total frames - 2 null frames - b1 is
don't doubt u can spam them with some practice
however the usage of shortcuts for doing iafs in vanilla shouldn't be encouraged in any way, even more so button mapping, simple as that

Last edited:

umk_p1

Noob
every point u've made there is not true
in fact double inputs have 2 null frames, others none
there is fixed total number of frames to perform a special move, it actvates whenever u press the last button of the combination, if there wasn't "stretching" of some kind, all the specials would be frame-perfect (iaf is one of them in part which i'm gonna try to explain next)

for iaf it goes something like this: [b1, wait at least 2 frames, b2 (don't let it go to the end cuz u need to jump forward), up+hp (on the same frame)]
[...] - set number of frames for fire ball's input window (25)
b1 - first time u press back for whatever 25 total frames - 2 null frames - b2 is
b2 - second time u press back for whatever 25 total frames - 2 null frames - b1 is
however the usage of shortcuts for doing iafs in vanilla shouldn't be encouraged in any way, even more so button mapping, simple as that
ok, i told already this need testing, that's what u've done . Gj

nwo

Noob
I wasn't encouraging it, but yeah with practice they are pretty easy. There are other ways to "cheat" that was just one, and at an offline tournament or on a cabinet it won't get you anywhere.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
The hacker is finishing up Version 32, the first Public Beta. If all of the changes work as intended, then expect it very soon!

Over 100 changes since last time.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
The hacker is finishing up Version 32, the first Public Beta. If all of the changes work as intended, then expect it very soon!

Over 100 changes since last time.
When? i want to get my hands on it too. To Stay ahead against all players from my country Muahahahaha

mkholic

Noob
I wasn't encouraging it, but yeah with practice they are pretty easy. There are other ways to "cheat" that was just one, and at an offline tournament or on a cabinet it won't get you anywhere.
the last line wasn't addressed directly to u, and i like that u call things by their names