What's new

Official UMK3:TE Changelog and Discussion Thread

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Should also add, that since the knockback hit acts like a RH, you can link a hit after the uppercut in the corner, like a standing HK in some situations, or a Leg Grab with Sonya

BustaUppa

Westbury Nathan's 4 Life
i don't see how it's necessary knowing that it's next to impossible to pull off, same goes for MBK and MGP
Sure but why not fix it if it was never supposed to be there? :) Pretty mind blowing that they've got the source code to work with here. Love seeing all the little holes they're able to plug up.

mkholic

Noob
Sure but why not fix it if it was never supposed to be there? :) Pretty mind blowing that they've got the source code to work with here. Love seeing all the little holes they're able to plug up.
then why're relaunches and iafs still there?
i'd start from his slow on recovery (intentionally or not) LK

Completely agree. Great post.

It is a HUGE problem with UMK3 and your exactly right and in order for it to really be the best possible 2d fighting game it can be it needs to regain, and retain this essential part of its roots like Street Fighter did. And more variety…

I actually believe Jax is and could be one of these zoners capable against teleporters.. I like what the reduction to the disable timer does for his zone game and when he does the missiles it slides him backwards which creates real problems for teleporters trying to punish him on reaction. And the reduction to startup on his ground pound will be great. Even in vanilla he is a very underrated counter pick to teleporters. Very interested to play with new Jax.
Jax's big hit combos tend to whiff mid combo with ducking, blocking ninjas. Easy punish. Wonder if that'll change.

BustaUppa

Westbury Nathan's 4 Life
then why're relaunches and iafs still there?
i'd start from his slow on recovery (intentionally or not) LK
Relaunches have been addressed with that roundhouse hit reaction on I think the second launch... I suspect they weren't removed completely because changing those properties might have broken other things in the game. If IAFs are really considered a problem I expect the hacker will do something similar to MKII TE (recovery added to Liu Kang and Mileena air projectiles outside of combos).

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
So, with the dash changes, where does Reptile's damage now stand? Is it going to be more useful to end the combo earlier?
No you always want to max out the juggle, perhaps depending on where the corner is would be the best bet. You get around 50% for maxed out combos, but 40% for easy ones as well.

BustaUppa

Westbury Nathan's 4 Life
Nice, I like the little changes to make Sheeva feel more like a mini-boss type of character. And new ground pound will make her very fun to play with!

I'm very new to this so is this a new umk 3 coming out on ps3 or something? This my first time hearing about this I went to YouTube and seen a video called the new shang tsung and the look of the game looked different it had practice mode on it and he was doing an uppercut combo I never seen him do in my life can someone let me know

dreemernj

Ambassador
I'm very new to this so is this a new umk 3 coming out on ps3 or something? This my first time hearing about this I went to YouTube and seen a video called the new shang tsung and the look of the game looked different it had practice mode on it and he was doing an uppercut combo I never seen him do in my life can someone let me know
Someone with a well trained ability to modify existing games is editing Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 in ways many of us never dreamed possible in order to fix and change the gameplay to make it more competitive. The original arcade game is being modified.

The hacker already updated Mortal Kombat II into Ultimate Mortal Kombat II: Tournament Edition and its frickin amazing. So people like me are insanely freaked out at how amazing this new revision of Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 will be.

It's not an official revision, not made by any studio or anything, it's just someone awesome doing something awesome to make an already awesome game more awesome.

Someone with a well trained ability to modify existing games is editing Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 in ways many of us never dreamed possible in order to fix and change the gameplay to make it more competitive. The original arcade game is being modified.

The hacker already updated Mortal Kombat II into Ultimate Mortal Kombat II: Tournament Edition and its frickin amazing. So people like me are insanely freaked out at how amazing this new revision of Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 will be.

It's not an official revision, not made by any studio or anything, it's just someone awesome doing something awesome to make an already awesome game more awesome.
Oh okay thanks man

DWednesday

Undisputed #1 ScrubBot Worldwide.
Okay, a couple of things, one slightly more on topic than the other:

1) The rSmoke/Sektor TPU juggle-side thing (left side always), I've heard news that this is/will be looked into, so thanks for that, as I've always seen it as a slight hindrance to the robo corner game.

2) In the Jugg hack, hSmoke, and Noob have been added to the character select screen/tower/etc. using artwork that I don't believe is in the base ROM. Theoretically, how much stuff is editable/addable/overwritable within original UMK3? If anyone has any kindof idea on this, it'd be nice to hear...

:D

EDIT: @Konqrr any news on whether the Robo/hS, and cSub/Noob morphs are staying or going away?

Last edited:

REO

Undead

- Two new combo strings (one being a mini pop-up)
- New Shadow Kick (sends them full-screen and can now combo off of it in corner)
- New Returnarang (it comes back on hit now!)
- Jade's new super swaggy and stylish corner combos (they're so fun to do lol)

@Espio
@TakeAChance
@BillStickers
@All other players who like Jade. (feel free to tag them)

My first impressions on Jade - She is lethal now. It's almost a night and day difference between the very limited and poor Jade from vanilla UMK:3 to the newly amplified queen of chip. Playing against Jade now will get you wanting to move and press buttons to stop her from terrorizing the screen. However, this may be what she wants you to do as her Shadow Kick is infinitely better against a cornered foe (be careful) and it now sends opponents full screen away from Jade in open space - which is the last place you want to be against her with most of the cast. Basically Jade is just :eek: and a ton of fun.

DWednesday

Undisputed #1 ScrubBot Worldwide.
So after all of the current changes, what infs are left in the game? I can only spot 2 at first glance (being the Cyrax reset, and the Sindel corner fc's), any more?

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
actually it's a pad,the jump is mapped on the analog thumbstick down( for the right hand ) and the HP is mapped for left of the thumbstick, basically he does back-back - and pushes the stick diagonally down and left, we've discovered that even at EVO this key mapping is not forbidden and mk9 allows such thing either and technically sticks are 4 discret buttons
lol, does this mapping works with MK9?