What's new

Official UMK3:TE Changelog and Discussion Thread

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Everyone has interesting Balances, i tested almost all the cast and noticed that in this beta, we get to play with the general system changes and no bugs that used to be exploitable before.

The first thing that come into mind is Damage, all characters damage have been normalized i tested with the Universal way and the way we angolan plays its even more fair now.

Ermac can no longer perform the following combo: TS, aaHP Jk TP, TS, RH TP, aaLP RH/FB because TS now adds to the hit counter, however still doesn't show on the combo hud, i found this to be a bit misleading.

Nike can no longer OTG ppl out of his combos or perform infinites, but he feels generally normal with no exploitable stuffs, it seems he can't no longer get a free Shoulder tackle after a throw, and his damage

I like the new Kabal
Sektor is the Sex now

Now i came here and look at the change log, why does most of the changes were reverted? like Scorpion new combo paths and the Sektor one?

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
1) Ermac can no longer perform the following combo: TS, aaHP Jk TP, TS, RH TP, aaLP RH/FB because TS now adds to the hit counter however still doesn't show on the combo hud, i found this to be a bit misleading.

2) Now i came here and look at the change log, why does most of the changes were reverted? like Scorpion new combo paths and the Sektor one?
1) That combo is possible, I just did it :) If anything, it may be more difficult because the TP cooldown is 32 frames more than it used to be.

It adds the damage to the combo counter, but it does not add a hit to the combo counter. The hacker wanted most of the combos possible in vanilla to work in TE. He initially tried this, and having the TKS add a hit to the combo counter made it so 5 hits were possible before using a last TKS which made bigger combos than before, so it was changed back.

2) Scorpion during testing with the Knee starter paths made using any Elbow path pointless and everything turned into a "popup fest". That's all players did when they played Scorpion. HK, HP, HP, U+LP all day and it sucked. Scorpion is getting the Forward Teleport Punch eventually and he doesn't need the Knee to Elbow combo paths. Now when he lands a Spear, he can get around 36% and more in the corner where in vanilla he could only get 28%.

As for Sektor, he is a zoning character and it just didn't feel right to have the TPU link from the combo. It also whiffed on some characters when the HK, HK part hit and generally felt like a hacked move in Mugen.

Glad you got a chance to dive in and try things out! I hope when you get to play with your friends there, you can record some footage ^_^

EDIT: I was just testing out some Cyrax corner setups after a grounded Net hits... holy shit it feels like MK9 XD ... although it's not guaranteed unless they fall for the trap.

Last edited:

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
EDIT: I was just testing out some Cyrax corner setups after a grounded Net hits... holy shit it feels like MK9 XD ... although it's not guaranteed unless they fall for the trap.
I noticed that too ^^ we will play a lot i assure you.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
i felt like jabs become much faster(dunno startup or recovery), is it a new change? am i wrong?
I believe the recovery on all normals were reduced, making the game faster in a sense.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
I love that the teleporting ninjas can no longer teleport out of the corner. That was huge in MK2 with Scorpion and can't wait to see how it changes things in UMK3 with Human Smoke and Ermac.
It actually saves the tp ninja a lot. Most of the time the tp out of corner would have been punished, but not being able to tp out of corner saves the day. So it's not necessarily a bad thing for the tp ninja, imo.

GetSpookd

#1 Enemy : Rust.
I love that the teleporting ninjas can no longer teleport out of the corner. That was huge in MK2 with Scorpion and can't wait to see how it changes things in UMK3 with Human Smoke and Ermac.
Yeah, I've played the beta last night a lil bit and even if Ninjas are my fav, I do like a lot the new change to the teleport. It does make the fights more interesting and complicated.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
i felt like jabs become much faster(dunno startup or recovery), is it a new change? am i wrong?
Jab speed was not changed at all.
I believe the recovery on all normals were reduced, making the game faster in a sense.
Not all:
  • Elbow/Knee have more hitstun
  • LK has more hitstun
  • cHK less recover on collision (block or hit), damage increased by 50%, and connects against whole opponent sprite
  • cLK recovery slightly reduced
  • cLP has more hitstun and less pushback on hit
That's it
to bad they changed smoke's invisibility pose to reptile's winning pose.
jaja yeah is somewhat gay xD
What? You don't think that is awesome? I do lol
Fucking Amen.
It actually saves the tp ninja a lot. Most of the time the tp out of corner would have been punished, but not being able to tp out of corner saves the day. So it's not necessarily a bad thing for the tp ninja, imo.
Are you saying that corners are not scary in UMK3? I for one never want to be in there... Maybe you are saying that it saves the player from having to make the decision to TP and get baited, which I understand lol ... but now they are on an even playing field when they are cornered, which I love.

DWednesday

Undisputed #1 ScrubBot Worldwide.
Upvote for keeping the reptile pose for hSmoke.
Also, upvote for reducing RoboHomo invis timer to the same as hSmoke and Reptile. (Even though I'm a RoboHomo player, and I'm the only person that's brought this up so far ;D)

Mgo

Noob
What? Tlp out of the corner is bad thing because some ppl not know how to use the movement properly and are pusished? So remove it was a great decision? :confused: LOL

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
What? Tlp out of the corner is bad thing because some ppl not know how to use the movement properly and are pusished? So remove it was a great decision? :confused: LOL
No idea what you're trying to say here.

Are you saying that corners are not scary in UMK3? I for one never want to be in there... Maybe you are saying that it saves the player from having to make the decision to TP and get baited, which I understand lol ... but now they are on an even playing field when they are cornered, which I love.
No? I'm saying it's not necessarily a nerf for the tp ninja because a lot of the times the tp would have been blocked and punished, but since you don't go through the corner, you are saved by it.

Don't really understand either response to what I said, lmao...

GetSpookd

#1 Enemy : Rust.
Upvote for keeping the reptile pose for hSmoke.
Yeah, I though that pose was awesome. Tho I think the more apropriate thing would be to do is to give him the same anim Reptile has for inv.

No idea what you're trying to say here.

No? I'm saying it's not necessarily a nerf for the tp ninja because a lot of the times the tp would have been blocked and punished, but since you don't go through the corner, you are saved by it.

Don't really understand either response to what I said, lmao...
Im actually one of those people who cannot remember not to TP that much, and the removed ability to do that in the corner, had indeed, saved me few times from a sure counter.

Also, I think I could and I'd like to speak on behalf of all my fellow Cyrax players, and thank the hacker for the Cyrax buffs. They are indeed awesome. Lovin the faster teleport.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Yeah, I though that pose was awesome. Tho I think the more apropriate thing would to just give him the anim in wich he kind of

Im actually one of those people who cannot remember not to TP that much, and the removed ability to do that in the corner, had indeed, saved me few times from a sure counter.

Also, I think I could and I'd like to speak on behalf of all my fellow Cyrax players, and thank the hacker for the Cyrax buffs. They are indeed awesome. Lovin the faster teleport.
I think Cyrax is broken with that HPHPLP to bomb in the corner lol... one wrong move and you die to the air throw bomb infinite. I wonder if the hacker will remove this or add DP to bombs.

klala

Noob
A question: Is possible to add the ability to finish a combo after the opponent dies in a round (as well as the machine does)? Thanks.

PS: The new rom UMK3: TE is very competitive. Thank you "The hacker".

Last edited:

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Since I finally just decided to get MAME++ 119, I've been practicing a bit tonight.

I'm just now realizing how much better my execution is compared to years ago. Can finally do up to 3 reps on the Reptile dash juggle!

Quick question on the damage for it, @Konqrr. How many reps does it take to get to 50%? I'm practicing the infinite and noticing that 2 reps and 3 reps do the same damage. Is it better to just universally go for 2 reps then out?

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Updated the video post (post #3 on the first page)... added @R.E.O.'s new video:
Reo vs Juggs (Public Beta Version 32 Beta 8)
A question: Is possible to add the ability to finish a combo after the opponent dies in a round (as well as the machine does)?
I don't know what you mean exactly.
Since I finally just decided to get MAME++ 119, I've been practicing a bit tonight.

I'm just now realizing how much better my execution is compared to years ago. Can finally do up to 3 reps on the Reptile dash juggle!

Quick question on the damage for it, @Konqrr. How many reps does it take to get to 50%? I'm practicing the infinite and noticing that 2 reps and 3 reps do the same damage. Is it better to just universally go for 2 reps then out?
Nice!

I get 50% vs infinite type characters (Jax, Kano, USub, Stryker) by doing 3-hit, FFB, HPHP, HP~Dash, HPHP~Dash, HPHP~Dash, Uppercut
I get 49% vs everyone else using 3-hit, FFB, HPHP~Dash, HPHP~Dash, HPHP~Dash, LPLP~Dash, Uppercut

You can always use the last volley to buffer an invisibilty or get a RH or HK to end the juggle for better options ^_^