What's new

Official UMK3:TE Changelog and Discussion Thread

mkholic

Noob
TP are easy to predict, and when you do, you can punish their asses hard to +50% combo. A lot of times yo want them to use it. Its just a bait tactic, something that is really common in lots of chars and their specials.
lots of other specials travel full screen distance therefore are easier to block and punish and don't make u face opposite direction (like cross-ups) leaving you immobilized
besides now u'll be getting hit by TPs more often not being able to glitchjab (this isn't crucial)
nobody is speaking about taking it off of him, i was just curious about what's on people's minds

GetSpookd

#1 Enemy : Rust.
lots of other specials travel full screen distance therefore are easier to block and punish and don't make u face opposite direction (like cross-ups) leaving you immobilized
Then they are not teleport moves. Every teleport move makes you face opposite direction.
besides now u'll be getting hit by TPs more often not being able to glitchjab (this isn't crucial)
I don't think so, since glitchjabs weren't the only and best way to block/counter TP.

Forward TP is a fast rush down move, which still can be easily predicted and hard punished. Kind of like Kabals spin rush.

Also, I don't know if it was adressed or not, but is the Robots hitboxes going to be fixed so the TP doesn't go through them when they're in the air ?

Last edited:
Then they are not teleport moves. Every teleport move makes you face opposite direction.

I don't think so, since glitchjabs weren't the only and best way to block/counter TP.

Forward TP is a fast rush down move, which still can be easily predicted and hard punished. Kind of like Kabals spin rush.

Also, I don't know if it was adressed or not, but is the Robots hitboxes going to be fixed so the TP doesn't go through them when they're in the air ?
Not just the robots, but Kung Lao, Shang, and I think Sonya. You have to time it right on Nightwolf and the female ninjas. you CAN hit the robots, but the timing has to be just about perfect.

The teleport is a high risk, high reward move. The best situation to showcase this is a teleporter vs. Reptile. From near full screen distance, Reptile is pushing Forward repeatedly while the Teleporter is pressing down, each buffering their move. Whoever takes the bait is going to get slammed, and you don't need glitch jabs to do it. Reptile... repeat forward taps, hit low punch and kara cancel. Teleport sees something happen besides a forward tap and teleports into a kara cancel (block) and is wide open for punish. Same is the opposite. Reptile takes the bait, and gets teleport punched, and most likely rushed down afterwards.

The solution? If you're fighting a teleporter, rush that $#!+ down.

I *HATE* using this video as an example because it was the one time in probably 100 that Chris G would beat Shock, but this is what can happen when you change your play style to rush down a teleporter.

mkholic

Noob
should it guarantee u an advantage though?

it worked as a bait to some extent, now it's gone
and what are other better ways?

except noone does TPs when it isn't safe, spin is risky but worth it

how does one expect people to play other chars when u can get these exclusive abilities to move around with TPers?

GetSpookd

Not just the robots, but Kung Lao, Shang, and I think Sonya. You have to time it right on Nightwolf and the female ninjas. you CAN hit the robots, but the timing has to be just about perfect.
Ah yeah, of course, Robots were the first "class" that popped in my mind when thinking about it
should it guarantee u an advantage though?
Depends what you mean by advantage, every char has some advantage over another, same goes for special moves. Still, the thing is that they're not that broken since as @tehdrewsus and I previously said, they're high risk high reward move.
it worked as a bait to some extent, now it's gone
and what are other better ways?
It worked more like "come and get in my obvious bait cause sure I wont move from my place".
You can always, you know, use block ? Of course after some canceled lp's/hp's or other moves wich forces your opponent to make mistakes.
Always used that and it works just fine, not to mention, they feel more like an actual bait.
except noone does TPs when it isn't safe
That can be applied to pretty much every move for every char. Noone does a *enter the name of the move here*, when its not safe.
spin is risky but worth it
So is TP.
how does one expect people to play other chars when u can get these exclusive abilities to move around with TPers?
Mate, every char has its own set of specials which makes them having some exclusive abilities. Take Reptile elbow dash for example, if used correctly, that thing can be used as a way of transportation, making the char extremely fast.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
except noone does TPs when it isn't safe, spin is risky but worth it
Not necessarily true. You want to only TP when it's safe, but once you understands someones tendencies and play to them, it's a lot easier to bait it out and punish.

I know I post this video a lot, but it's a great example of Marv (one of the best USA players) adapting to my constant teleporting in a tournament match.

I was getting out for free at first. Then he noticed when I liked to to teleport, and started baiting and punishing. Even when I knew he was baiting me, my reflexes already teleported before I could do anything, which me abusing TP is one of the reasons I lost (and many unblocked spins I should have blocked).

But in the beginning, I was using the TP correctly, getting out and safely. But if you're good enough, it can be stopped. That last TP though... be baited THE FUCK out of me, LOL!

mkholic

Noob
Depends what you mean by advantage, every char has some advantage over another, same goes for special moves. Still, the thing is that they're not that broken since as @tehdrewsus and I previously said, they're high risk high reward move.
i mean that u land and can be active before your opponent ends up turning
so in addition to all that i said about TPers there is that: u can't zone them, good point there!
there is no real reward (low damage) it's not a containment, there is only a potentially free throw/rush down to which very few other specials lead

Of course after some canceled lp's/hp's or other moves wich forces your opponent to make mistakes.
Always used that and it works just fine, not to mention, they feel more like an actual bait.
if u do some jabs u cancel just the last 1 hence holding block for rather short time

That can be applied to pretty much every move for every char. Noone does a *enter the name of the move here*, when its not safe.

So is TP.
other moves got fixed slightly (as spin), not like TP

Mate, every char has its own set of specials which makes them having some exclusive abilities..
exactly like h.smoke and scorpion we're talking about

so in addition to all that i said about TPers there is that: u can't zone them, good point there!
there is no real reward (low damage) it's not a containment, there is only a potentially free throw/rush down to which very few other specials lead
As someone who mains Human Smoke and Ermac, I can't tell you how many time's I've teleported into an uppecut, high kick, or some other attack. It's timing.

The only SAFE teleport is one that evades pressure (both fighters on one side of the screen), or juggling an opponent in a combo stream.
It CAN be used to punish backward jumping opponents, but it's not 100% safe there.

EVERYTHING that makes your opponent block can potentially lead to free rush down.

mkholic

Noob
As someone who mains Human Smoke and Ermac, I can't tell you how many time's I've teleported into an uppecut, high kick, or some other attack. It's timing.

The only SAFE teleport is one that evades pressure (both fighters on one side of the screen), or juggling an opponent in a combo stream.
It CAN be used to punish backward jumping opponents, but it's not 100% safe there.

EVERYTHING that makes your opponent block can potentially lead to free rush down.
knee if u do it is stil faster than atacks u've mentioned, it's chances not timing
and u basically trade 50% for 20% of UC (at best)?not bad if u ask me

everything usually gets blocked and punished even when wiffs no matter if done close or fullscreen
TPers force u to block when u're far and right after u got close and emptied runbar, this is brilliant
there is no comparison to how TP affects the game, it sets TPers from the rest apart

BustaUppa

Westbury Nathan's 4 Life
What if teleports from different ninjas had different reactions on block? Like, maybe Scorpion has a much safer one where he just lands right after the block, like a Liu Kang dragon kick. While Smoke retains the more punishable bouncing/rolling animation. Not sure if this would make Scorpion overpowered, but it could be a nice distinguishing thing for him (especially if Smoke ends up keeping the air throw).

And IF Scorpion gets the forward teleport, maybe that one could react like a jumping punch and go directly into a blockstring? I dunno, might be a bit too much. But I like the idea of Scorpion becoming the master of teleports, as an answer to Smoke's launcher and walk speed.

Last edited:

mkholic

Noob
I love it when people talk like they're the best players no one has ever heard of, it's awesome.
i knew it was coming, and i'm not ashamed to admit that i'm below average
it has nothing to do whith you knowing who i am, as it happems some TYM members didn't hear a word about pro players from overseas as established in this thread

it has nothing to do whith you knowing who i am, as it happems some TYM members didn't hear a word about pro players from overseas as established in this thread
Heh, I figured he was talking about me. I'm a nobody and I couldn't care less. I didn't realize you had to be elite to talk about the game.

Noob

Heh, I figured he was talking about me. I'm a nobody and I couldn't care less. I didn't realize you had to be elite to talk about the game.

Guys, @AK Juggs will be the first to tell you that he can be an arrogant asshat, LOL (Love you Juggs), but I think what he's getting at here is that many people are busy suggesting new moves and huge changes to characters when the first thing that needs to really be addressed is balancing the characters as they are without completely changing them or creating a new game... so that we still have UMK3 instead of:

In terms of additional moves, I think that the addition of some MKT moves would be cool. Forward TP for Scorpion would be a better addition to further differentiate him from HSmoke as opposed to removing HSmoke's air throw.

Last edited:

GetSpookd

Pretty much what @tehdrewsus said.
if u do some jabs u cancel just the last 1 hence holding block for rather short time
I dont get it mate, maybe I'm too drunk, but I just dont get it what you've said.
other moves got fixed slightly (as spin), not like TP
Well, yeah, I could be wrong of course, its just my opinion, I'm no expert, but TP doesnt seem to be as much OP as the Kabal rush spin. Even tho it got nerfed, its still a powerful and option making move.
exactly like h.smoke and scorpion we're talking about
Yes, but what I've stated, applies to every char imo(at least the most part of them)
I agree with @mkholic that HSmoke's Air Throw is a moot point...
Also TP is the most bs move in the entire game, free escapes during pressure, free escape from the corner (fuuuuuuuck).
I agree that it helps a lot in escaping during pressure, but I'd say that its just its "ability" as its been stated earlier
I love it when people talk like they're the best players no one has ever heard of, it's awesome.
I kind of feel that you're referring that to me(since I do talk a lot, in forums and irl aswell). Don't get me wrong, I am no body when it comes to UMK3, I'm just stating my opinion, and every time I do that, I am open to be disapproved or to be showed that I'm wrong. Especially to such great players like you, mate. Tho I don't think you have to be "Messi (or whatever good coach) to criticize a soccer match".
i'm not gonna comment on videos or else i'm gonna get banned right away :D
I dont think they're so strict about it, even if I'm a new comer to TYM aswell.
Pretty much.

umk_p1

Noob
Forward teleport punch directly into blockstring is too overpowered, don't do this.
Best teleporter i've ever faced in a match is natcu, don't know how he does it, his tp timing is superb and he calculates the distance down to a pixel and even then i can't say tp needs to be nerfed

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
You monsters nerfed Jade!!!
Jade is quite buffed, new combo options, reduced restriction on the Dash Kick, even plans to make projectile protection doable in air, but I believe there's an issue with this right now, and some enhancement to her return boomer.

As for the TP, I'd either settle for no corner escape, since corner jab infinite is gone, or maybe twice the cool down time it has now, or if possible, apply a different restriction to each character that has it. But no more than one nerf. As much as I see these complaints and many people I've met over the years say they hate playing against teleporters, the main function of the move is to get to the other side of the opponent and escape pressure. It's totally punishable, somewhat baitable and has a deceptive sweet spot that still even tricks me to this day where it looks like it'll be safe, but if you block during the attack it becomes unsafe.

IMO, the TP is not nearly as bad as anyone thinks but I'm not above nerfing one aspect. IMO, of the three TPers, the most nerfed character should not get any nerfs to it, the next should get the extended cool down, and the least nerfed gets the no corner escape.

mkholic

Noob
IMO, the TP is not nearly as bad as anyone thinks but I'm not above nerfing one aspect. IMO, of the three TPers, the most nerfed character should not get any nerfs to it, the next should get the extended cool down, and the least nerfed gets the no corner escape.
that is something to begin with
i can't stress enough how unique TP is, it makes normals whiff if it's activated 1-3 frames (dependss on char) before they hit in nearest proximity, don't quote me on that tho, hacker should know better
then there are combostarters that are slower than others' e.g., kabal's hooksword, NW's (note that his damage reduced to under 45% on male ninjas) stomp making them suffer even more
not to mention that when u're lucky to land a CS TPers are airborne and u're not able to finish a string

DWednesday

Undisputed #1 ScrubBot Worldwide.
I completely understand where everybody is coming from when it comes to TPs, I just don't understand why we don't just remove everyone's TP and give them all to Sonya.
:DOGE

Last edited:

umk_p1

Noob
let's remember every type of fast distance crossing moves: scorpion's tp, lao's tp, sheeva's stomp, mk2 raiden's tp, reptile's dash, liu's bike, kano's ball, kabal's spin) and imagine every characther in the hack gets all of those:DOGE:DOGE:DOGE:DOGE:DOGE

DWednesday

Undisputed #1 ScrubBot Worldwide.
let's remember every type of fast distance crossing moves: scorpion's tp, lao's tp, sheeva's stomp, mk2 raiden's tp, reptile's dash, liu's bike, kano's ball, kabal's spin) and imagine every characther in the hack gets all of those:DOGE:DOGE:DOGE:DOGE:DOGE
Isn't that everyone, except Sindel and Shang? (Maybe Nightwolf too, although the shoulder does travel quite far)
:D

GENERAL CHANGES:
  • Air Throw added
;)

Last edited: