What's new

Official UMK3:TE Changelog and Discussion Thread

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Guys, @AK Juggs will be the first to tell you that he can be an arrogant asshat, LOL (Love you Juggs),.
I am an arrogant asshat, but I can also be humble, as I've been lately since I'm nowhere near as good as I used to be.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
@Konqrr @Shock
Theoretically, how much would it affect balancing/gameplay etc. if Sindel was able to activate flight whilst in the air?
I honestly would like this idea...specifically on a flavor side of things. I think balance-wise, with attacks out of flight, it would be way too much (imagine Marvel-style fly combos loooool). At least without DP on flight activation within combos.

DWednesday

Undisputed #1 ScrubBot Worldwide.
That's a cool idea.
Why thank you, sir :)
That would be awesome... but she is incredibly broken without it lol
Yeah, that's what I thought.
Another one of those "would be awesome to see but difficult to balance" kinda things.
Although I assume she's going to get more balancing further down the line :)
I honestly would like this idea...specifically on a flavor side of things. I think balance-wise, with attacks out of flight, it would be way too much (imagine Marvel-style fly combos loooool). At least without DP on flight activation within combos.
Yeah, totally, if it was possible to do, and also possible to balance. I thought it might add a more unique play-style, or something to that effect, but I can only speak for myself on that one.

Last edited:

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
@Konqrr @Shock
Theoretically, how much would it affect balancing/gameplay etc. if Sindel was able to activate flight whilst in the air?
I would only help her overall mobility more, avoidance and what not, but flight still has its inherent downsides. At least now she has some options while in the air to make sure she isn't a sitting duck. It's overall a much better move that functions more like it should in a game the speed of UMK3. It previously felt like it should have been in MKII almost.

umk_p1

Noob
That would be awesome... but she is incredibly broken without it lol

dayyyum, gonna main her... she can crossup down-blocking opponent so easy...

what about overheads in this game? is it even possible? sindel's aFB could've become one

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
I've tossed around the idea of overheads for a couple very specific moves, like jump punches and/or jump kicks, it would definitely add a bit to the game. Not sure if this is something built in that's never used or if it'd need to be custom code but we'll find out.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
I assume this was done many revisions ago, but I only just noticed this:

UMK3:TE Hack Revision 2.0.028 Changelog (as of 10/1/2014)

COMBO CHANGES:
  • New combo paths added:
    • Knee Starter,D+HP,U+LP (D+HP animation sped up to combo easier)
Will this be done for H.Smoke too assuming he keeps the string?

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
I assume this was done many revisions ago, but I only just noticed this:

Will this be done for H.Smoke too assuming he keeps the string?
No. for some reason, when scorpion used it, the success rate for the combo was very low no matter how you timed it so it was sped up. Human smoke doesn't have this problem.

I've tossed around the idea of overheads for a couple very specific moves, like jump punches and/or jump kicks, it would definitely add a bit to the game. Not sure if this is something built in that's never used or if it'd need to be custom code but we'll find out.
There haven't been overhead attacks in any 2D mk. Only low attacks. May As well start holding back to block and have true cross ups

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
I see noob temporarily has a spear. Since we're just handing them out now, can you give nightwolf one? I think that would be cool. 4 hit axe, spear, 5 hit plus axes...lol
Noob has had spear in other games though. A disabler with balanced properties would be ideal but I suppose there's not really any projectiles that resemble the MKT sprite. I wouldn't be surprised if it sticks around.

With that said, how about we hook him up with the deep freeze fatality on that basis :REO

No problem. i can program overheads, just copy and paste my code for player 1:

10 overattack1$ = 0
20 if player1=roundhouse and player2=down then overattack1$=1
30 playerlifebar2 = playerlifebar2 - (overattack1$*19%)
40 go to 10
:D:D:D

Absolutely, especially with Stryker imo
Jax and Kabal as well. Especially vs male ninjas. The male ninjas have some unique properties with their hit/hurt boxes. They get some epic pushback on block but man if it CAN hit them, it WILL hit them. lol