What's new

Official UMK3:TE Changelog and Discussion Thread

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Just a heads up, good news and bad news.

The good news - I got word that version 29 is almost done... yay! Changes to Nightwolf, Ermac, Human Smoke, Smoke, and Scorpion.

The bad news - The hacker won't be able to work on this as much as he did before, so updates will be less frequent.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
So, would 2hit pop-up, invisibility, then spear be possible with h.smoke?

DWednesday

Undisputed #1 ScrubBot Worldwide.

INVISIBILITY CHANGES:
  • You can no longer block while invisible
  • Recovery increased by 4 frames
  • Disabled if opponent is in Harpoon reaction
  • Now uses Smoke Effect instead of Explosion Effect on activation
  • Now has a sound
  • Lasts for 304 frames (130h) which is around 10 game seconds
NOTE: You can still use jab flurry to stay invisible but that is no longer a safe option.
Oh no, my jimmies. :eek:

Last edited:

mkholic

Noob

AXE UPPERCUT CHANGES:
  • Double Damage Protection added on the Fast Axe Uppercut (autocombo version)
  • Double Damage Protection added if >= 3 hits
  • Damage increased from 18 to 24
from these i conclude the only proper way for him to juggle would be to leave JK/tackle he ends with, walk in and start autocombo again (cuz blocked it deals nearly as much damage as DDP'ed JK/tackle), is it right?
does he still break 50% with 4 axes, JK/tackle?

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
from these i conclude the only proper way for him to juggle would be to leave JK/tackle he ends with, walk in and start autocombo again (cuz blocked it deals nearly as much damage as DDP'ed JK/tackle), is it right?
does he still break 50% with 4 axes, JK/tackle?
Only after a Jump Starter. On the ground he does 41% with 4 Axes and HK ender.

HK ender is best because the run meter builds during recovery and you can run in and pressure them again.

So, would 2hit pop-up, invisibility, then spear be possible with h.smoke?
The new Human Smoke:

dubson

Noob
Why in god's name would they give H Smoke invisibility… smh.

Is his air throw left in? In this video it is there?

Why would they nerf Robo Smoke's invisibility? What exactly is harpoon reaction? So if it connects does he stay invisible? If it hits and doesn't connect he comes out of invisibility?

It only lasts around 10 game seconds now when it would last until he was hit before? He could also block, I don't see why he should have been nerfed? He has the potential to be a competitive character

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Why in god's name would they give H Smoke invisibility… smh.

Is his air throw left in? In this video it is there?

Why would they nerf Robo Smoke's invisibility? What exactly is harpoon reaction? So if it connects does he stay invisible? If it hits and doesn't connect he comes out of invisibility?

It only lasts around 10 game seconds now when it would last until he was hit before? He could also block, I don't see why he should have been nerfed? He has the potential to be a competitive character
Same reaction I had to his invisibility

Giving human smoke invisibility makes no sense imo either. What is the justification for this? The reason it's. not broken on robot smoke is because it doesn't force you to always block and you can still jump forward and run forward and not get hit by teleport.

You can't do any of that against invisible human smoke who has horizontal air and ground teleport and who literally hits the ground running after a teleport, while robot vertical teleports have delay before they land. Invisible smoke will have endless pressure and lame out ability, two styles. no character should ever have imo.
Robot Smokes invisibility was 100% broken, maybe even more so than Kabals blur. No time limit, can get it for free off of a spear, and the invis is completely invisible. He was very viable in Vanilla UMK3, but 99% of people who used him just weren't good and didn't abuse his best move. There's a bunch of tournament vids with him on youtube with some guy from chile or brazil, shows off how good he is, don't remember the guys name though.

It's balanced now, and it can still be really good, it just is no longer lol broken.

H.Smoke getting an invis is fine based on his nerfs and the aspects of the invis. You can't block, it's timed, and goes away if you teleport. He doesn't need it, but I don't think it was too out of the box. I still think he will be top tier though, along with Kabal, not god tier, but still top.

DWednesday

It's balanced now, and it can still be really good, it just is no longer lol broken.
And by balanced, you mean useless?

I completely understand where the changes are coming from (mainly the timer and the spear-reaction lockout, both of which I'm 100% backing) but even considering using it against anyone that isn't Sindel, Sheeva, Shang, and maybe Cyrax is going to get you blown up due to the lack of blocking. No?

As always, disclaimer that I'm not just trying to save my main, and that I might be completely wrong, and that these are only beta changes etc.

AIR THROW CHANGES: (being removed soon)
Also, this makes me sad :(
What exactly is harpoon reaction?
It's essentially the "stun" animation that your opponent goes into after you've connected a spear, meaning you can't turn invisible whilst they're like that.

Last edited:

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
And by balanced, you mean useless?

I completely understand where the changes are coming from (mainly the timer and the spear-reaction lockout, both of which I'm 100% backing) but even considering using it against anyone that isn't Sindel, Sheeva, Shang, and maybe Cyrax is going to get you blown up due to the lack of blocking. No?
No, it won't. It's not 100% safe anymore, it's now balanced because it's risk/reward, instead of just reward. It actually could give you a better edge primarily because you can't block while invisible. Now, your opponent will try to blow you up, because he will know you can't block. Exploit that, eventually they will just start blocking and waiting until it expires, giving you free chip and positional advantage. Of course, not all will just block, but it's all about conditioning.

The change gives the meta a lot more depth. Despite most people not utilizing the invisible in vanilla UMK3, it broke the game fundamentally, only truly beaten by glitch jabs. Without GJ's, the invisibility would be as close to unbeatable as you can get without actually being a certain thing.

DWednesday

Also, what about views on h. Smoke having a safe invis option after his popup (popup, invis, spear... etc) and robo & rep not currently having an option like this?

Any pros? Cons?

@AK Juggs