What's new

Official TYM UFC (Ultimate Fighting Championship) Discussion

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
And yeah I saw Colton's takedown when they were gonna slap hands and after that it's hard to root for a guy like that.
That started it off for me, but in general I just hate his fighting style. Yeah I get that he's a family man and working with the military and that's respectable, but it's soooooooo boring to watch him take people down and sit on top of them for a whole round. I love strong wrestling and jujitsu guys but simply grinding people out makes me want to stop watching.

CitizenSnips

A seldom used crab named Lucky. AKA Citizen Snips.
I dunno about Troeng man. He was good but I think the top 3 are Hall, Hester, and Samman right now.
I'm thinking Troeng will at least make it to Semis because he is one of the more experienced guys and has been a pretty good prospect for a few years, a bit surprised he didn't get a straight shot into the UFC at the Sweden card.

I'm gonna have to look at the list of who made it into the house, only people who stick out to me are all the black dudes lol. I think Smith looked like he could be good but he's fighting that 6'6 guy and that's gonna be a tough fight

CitizenSnips

That started it off for me, but in general I just hate his fighting style. Yeah I get that he's a family man and working with the military and that's respectable, but it's soooooooo boring to watch him take people down and sit on top of them for a whole round. I love strong wrestling and jujitsu guys but simply grinding people out makes me want to stop watching.
His post fight speech against Ricci was annoying. I'm cool with people giving props to the military, to god, family and whatever after a fight but the "THIS IS EASY," thing over and over was a bit much and imo a bit disrespectful to basically all fighters lol. And yeah I agree, I like grapplers like Maia, Palhares, Jacare and wrestlers too as long as they don't fight like Fitch (although his fight against Erik was amazing).

CRUM

Noob

My top 4 are pretty clear-cut. I don't see Dodson posing any threats to Mighty Mouse. I think Teixeira is going to destroy Rampage and I hope he does for all the shit that he talks about the UFC. Pettis and Cerrone is a tough fight to call but I think Pettis is quicker than Cerrone and has a deeper arsenal in regards to striking. Koch and Lamas should be a good fight, and the layoff may be tough for Koch to come back from, but I'm take Koch to finish there.

Other notes: I really want Grant to beat Wiman, he is probably my favorite Lightweight to watch outside of Nate Diaz and Joe Lauzon.

CitizenSnips

I never know with Wiman. He can be straight beastmode sometimes, lackluster others.
I picked against Wiman in both Danzig fights, Miller, and Sass fight. This time I picked him to win so he will probably lose lol. Grant and Wiman are scrappy this could be FOTN

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
I didn't even realize there was a UFC thread here until today lol so I wanna talk about this.

I know it's a couple weeks away, but what do you guys think about the 156 card? I hate to say it but I think Nogueira is getting washed up. Yeah he beat Tito, but Tito was hella washed up. Rashad's gonna KO him.

Overeem's gonna body Bigfoot too. I see both those fights being pretty one-sided.

I'm hoping Fitch gets a finish against Maia. He looked more dominant against Erick Silva than any fight I've seen go to a decision in years. It's a shame decisions are such a commonality for him, I think he's looking to do something big after that.

Mannn it's looking like I hate latinos though. So lessgo Aldo. I really don't like Frankie Edgar. I know he's a great fighter but I have a problem with getting a championship bout after losing 2 fights in a row. Chad Mendes deserves a rematch.

CitizenSnips

I didn't even realize there was a UFC thread here until today lol so I wanna talk about this.

I know it's a couple weeks away, but what do you guys think about the 156 card? I hate to say it but I think Nogueira is getting washed up. Yeah he beat Tito, but Tito was hella washed up. Rashad's gonna KO him.

Overeem's gonna body Bigfoot too. I see both those fights being pretty one-sided.

I'm hoping Fitch gets a finish against Maia. He looked more dominant against Erick Silva than any fight I've seen go to a decision in years. It's a shame decisions are such a rarity for him, I think he's looking to do something big after that.

Mannn it's looking like I hate latinos though. So lessgo Aldo. I really don't like Frankie Edgar. I know he's a great fighter but I have a problem with getting a championship bout after losing 2 fights in a row. Chad Mendes deserves a rematch.
Lil Nog is definitely at the end of his career and Rashad will most likely beat him, but I don't think he'll get a T/KO. Lil Nog showed great takedown defense against Phil Davis' double-leg takedowns, but his single-leg takedown defense looked like a weakness. I think Rashad will win a dominant decision. Lil Nog can hurt Rashad on the feet though, Lil Nog has some of the best boxing in the division. If you haven't see Shogun v. Lil Nog, look that up it's one of the best fights ever.

I think Reem will crush Bigfoot. They are giving him a stylistically easy matchup for him so he can fight for the belt. Bigfoot is good, but he is very hittable and his chin isn't good enough to handel someone like Reem.

I am rooting for, and hope Maia wins. I love seeing Maia going back to his BJJ and instead of dicking around with the striking he is going straight for the clinch/takedowns.

I am picking Aldo to win and want him to win, but Edgar is one of my favorites at LW, his trilogy with Maynard is amongst the best trilogies in MMA imo. And I don't think Mendes deserves a rematch right now, he has beaten 2 unranked fighters and while he looked like a beast, it doesn't warrant a title shot. But Mendes is a top 4 FW (Aldo, Edgar, Mendes, Korean Zombie).

coolwhip

Noob
yeah i remember you bro, i destroyed 95% of the ppl at that evo in mm's so nothing to feel bad about....

I just don't like "small" fighters. Heck i dont even like 155 cause imo is still too small, but there is no doubt that lw is very stacked.

187x ufc is the sport wtf u talking about.?
Mixed Martial Arts (MMA) is the name of the sport. UFC is the name of the biggest organization that promotes the sport.

As far as lightweight goes, I can see why lightweights don't appeal to everyone, but in my opinion, it's the deepest and most talented division in MMA. I for one, cannot wait for Pettis vs. Cerrone this weekend.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
Yeah I've seen the Shogun fight, I just think Nogueira's getting too worn out. He hasn't impressed me in the last few fights at all. Rashad's such a technical striker that I don't think he'll be able to keep up with him anymore. Maybe not a KO/TKO, but I don't think it's going 3 rounds.

Honestly I think the Mendes-Aldo fight was bullshit even though Aldo was shutting down a lot of his stuff. His fence grab to prevent a takedown was one of the most blatant fence grab moves I've ever seen, and it allowed him the opportunity to knock him down for the late TKO. I don't think his last 2 opponents matter to give him another shot. Edgar COULD be better than Mendes, I just have a problem with losing 2 fights and getting a shot just because he's new in the division.

Aldo vs Korean Zombie would be hella hype though. But despite his 3 huge wins I think he needs one or two more big name fights to become a contender for it.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
As for the division debate, I actually like every division for different reasons. The heavyweight guys are hype because of the huge striking power of those fighters. The lower weight classes are hype because of their speed and pace of the matches. And the ones in between are hype because of how technically well-rounded everyone has to be.

coolwhip

Noob
Honestly I think the Mendes-Aldo fight was bullshit even though Aldo was shutting down a lot of his stuff. His fence grab to prevent a takedown was one of the most blatant fence grab moves I've ever seen, and it allowed him the opportunity to knock him down for the late TKO. I don't think his last 2 opponents matter to give him another shot. Edgar COULD be better than Mendes, I just have a problem with losing 2 fights and getting a shot just because he's new in the division.
Edgar is in a different galaxy as a fighter compared to Mendes. He is much more dynamic, has significantly better striking and footwork, and actually knows how to set up his takedown. He's also faster and more mobile, and won't rely as much as Mendes on grinding Aldo against the cage. I still favor Aldo because Frankie is hittable and Aldo's striking and power are something else, but he hasn't fought in a long time and the last time he came off a long layoff, he didn't look too good against Mark Hominick.

As far as Edgar getting a shot after two losses, I agree but to be fair to him, he definitely won the second fight against Ben Henderson. The judges fucked up royally on that one.

CitizenSnips

Yeah I've seen the Shogun fight, I just think Nogueira's getting too worn out. He hasn't impressed me in the last few fights at all. Rashad's such a technical striker that I don't think he'll be able to keep up with him anymore. Maybe not a KO/TKO, but I don't think it's going 3 rounds.

Aldo vs Korean Zombie would be hella hype though. But despite his 3 huge wins I think he needs one or two more big name fights to become a contender for it.
That fence grab was bullshit, but Mendes did immediately get another slam and Aldo popped back up. But I agree, if Aldo did not grab the fence, he could have potentially been on the ground for the rest of the round. That knee he landed on Mendes was beautiful.

And I agree with coolwhip , I scored the second fight for Edagr (the first fight to Bendo). It's a shame that Edgar is dropping down after losing two in a row, it defintely hurts the hype a bit. Imagine if Aldo moved up to fight Edgar while both were ruling their divisions. Would have been more epic than GSP v. Penn 2 imo.

Korean Zombie is my 2nd favorite fighter, and while I do not think he will beat Aldo, I would like to see him get a chance, or at least a #1 contender fight. He will deliver an exciting fight no matter what. I'd love to see him train with Team Alpha Male more often

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
They could've just done Edgar vs Mendes to determine it lol. But I think Korean Zombie vs Mendes has to happen soon, idk why they have Mendes in another probable 7-3 matchup bout next.

CitizenSnips

They could've just done Edgar vs Mendes to determine it lol. But I think Korean Zombie vs Mendes has to happen soon, idk why they have Mendes in another probable 7-3 matchup bout next.
They should just scratch that fight and make one of these:

Mendes v. Korean Zombie (but idk when Korean Zombie will be able to fight, he had shoudler surgery)
Mendes v. Lentz (Lentz technically should be top 10 due to his win over Nunes)
Mendes v. Guida/Hioki winner

Gamburyan fight makes no sense. Just trying to keep Mendes busy imo. He'll be on a solid streak and will get a #1 contender fight and will be easier to hype his fight by showing his highlights of destroying McKenzie, Meza, Gamburyan etc.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
They should just scratch that fight and make one of these:

Mendes v. Korean Zombie (but idk when Korean Zombie will be able to fight, he had shoudler surgery)
Mendes v. Lentz (Lentz technically should be top 10 due to his win over Nunes)
Mendes v. Guida/Hioki winner
We need Mendes vs Korean Zombie for #1 contender. He should be fine by the time Mendes is ready for his next fight after Gamburyan. Otherwise I think it should be Mendes vs Lamas/Koch winner rather than Guida/Hioki winner. I hate Clay Guida though.

CitizenSnips

We need Mendes vs Korean Zombie for #1 contender. He should be fine by the time Mendes is ready for his next fight after Gamburyan. Otherwise I think it should be Mendes vs Lamas/Koch winner rather than Guida/Hioki winner. I hate Clay Guida though.
I really don't want Mendes v. Korean Zombie because I like how Korean Zombie trained with Team Alpha Male, and if he's scheduled to fight Mendes then obviously he can't go train there.

If Koch beats Lamas impressively, I believe he will get a title shot. He was already scheduled to fight Aldo and I think they will give him the shot if he looks good this weekend. Mendes already wrestle-fucked Koch before so I don't think they will set that rematch up unless they really have to.

Guida gets on my nerves too. Seems like a cool guy but his fighting style is just annoying. He's in exciting fights when he's losing though. I was pissed during Guida v. Gomi and v. Maynard.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
Guida gets on my nerves too. Seems like a cool guy but his fighting style is just annoying. He's in exciting fights when he's losing though. I was pissed during Guida v. Gomi and v. Maynard.
I don't have a major problem with his fighting style. My problem is with his hair.

Usually when I hate a fighter it's for superficial reasons. I don't like Guida's hair. I don't like the name Frankie. The only fighters who I hate right now for fighting style/attitude are Colton Smith and Roy Nelson. You can only imagine how salty I was during that event.

CitizenSnips

I don't have a major problem with his fighting style. My problem is with his hair.

Usually when I hate a fighter it's for superficial reasons. I don't like Guida's hair. I don't like the name Frankie. The only fighters who I hate right now for fighting style/attitude are Colton Smith and Roy Nelson. You can only imagine how salty I was during that event.
Guida's hair? Lol.

What about Bendo's? If you don't like his either, I can't imagine what you thought of Bendo v. Guida.

187x

Noob
yeah i remember you bro, i destroyed 95% of the ppl at that evo in mm's so nothing to feel bad about....

I just don't like "small" fighters. Heck i dont even like 155 cause imo is still too small, but there is no doubt that lw is very stacked.

187x ufc is the sport wtf u talking about.?
UFC IS NOT A SPORT, GET IT THROUGH YOUR HEAD! THE SPORT IS CALLED MIXED MARTIAL ARTS. UFC is the best promotion of Mixed Martial Arts today

Marvaz

come at me
I'm pretty sure Marvaz understands that.

Marvaz, how do you see Guida winning?? Dec? It has to be!!

Sadly, I got Bader losing to the Janitor. Bader never seems to have good luck, maybe this time he'll do better. Janitor looked BAD against Gus.
didnt see this post but i knew guida would lnp to victory lol.