What's new

Official TYM UFC (Ultimate Fighting Championship) Discussion

CitizenSnips

A seldom used crab named Lucky. AKA Citizen Snips.
I still want Rampage to win even though we all know he'll probably lose. I don't like cocky people but for some reason he's an exception for me.

Also, am I the only one extremely pumped for Barao vs McDonald next month? I seriously think Michael McDonald is the most underrated fighter in the UFC right now.

And while I'm at it, Mir vs Cormier can't come soon enough ;_;
Barao v. McDonald is an amazing fight. It's flying a bit under the radar since it is at a lower weight and neither Barao nor McDonald have been really promoted by the UFC yet, but on paper this is truly an amazing fight. Both are young and have so much talent that I can imagine them fighting again in the future and believe that both could hold the title at BW (even though Cruz looks to be very dominant) sometime in their careers. Barao's last fight against Faber wasn't as good as I thought it would be, and McDonald hasn't fought in a long time so I think people aren't too hyped for this, but I definitely am.

And I think Cormier is gonna beat the hell out of Mir. Bad matchup for Mir, but Mir is dangerous everywhere so he could potentially pull the upset, but I got Cormier via TKO.

Big Frog

Noob
What are your guys' picks for this weekend??

I'm going with

Dodson
Glover
Cowboy (tough one to call though...)
Koch

CitizenSnips

I'm going with

Dodson
Glover
Koch

If you like to keep track of your picks for fun you should use Tapology, I've been using it for a couple years, it adds some more fun to watching the fights. Used to bet money on fights but got screwed over a couple times (Garcia winning decisions against Korean Zombie and Phan were the worst) so I stopped.

Lumpymoomilk

Online Punching Bag
I don't follow it much, but the guy who did that kick that he jumped off the cage swung around and side kicked the guy in the head was the best thing I've ever seen on it.

Marvaz

come at me
ufc is my favorite sport. This weekends card im picking

mighty mouse ( i am not a fan of anything under lw tho )
glover (but i hope rampage kos to end the hype train)
pettis will win 100% sure about this
guida
bader(rep reno)

CitizenSnips

I don't follow it much, but the guy who did that kick that he jumped off the cage swung around and side kicked the guy in the head was the best thing I've ever seen on it.
The guy who threw the kick is Anthony Pettis and is fighting this weekend.

And Marvaz, any reason for not being interested in fighters under 155? Also, you probably do not remember but you beat my ass badly at the first EVO in a money match after I beat Cat in one. I used Reptile and you destroyed me with Cage

187x

Noob

guida
bader(rep reno)
the sport is MMA bro, UFC is the biggest/known/best organazation of the sport

187x

Noob

guida
bader(rep reno)
the sport is MMA bro, UFC is the biggest/known/best organazation of the sport

Marvaz

come at me
The guy who threw the kick is Anthony Pettis and is fighting this weekend.

And Marvaz, any reason for not being interested in fighters under 155? Also, you probably do not remember but you beat my ass badly at the first EVO in a money match after I beat Cat in one. I used Reptile and you destroyed me with Cage
yeah i remember you bro, i destroyed 95% of the ppl at that evo in mm's so nothing to feel bad about....

I just don't like "small" fighters. Heck i dont even like 155 cause imo is still too small, but there is no doubt that lw is very stacked.

187x ufc is the sport wtf u talking about.?

CitizenSnips

yeah i remember you bro, i destroyed 95% of the ppl at that evo in mm's so nothing to feel bad about....

I just don't like "small" fighters. Heck i dont even like 155 cause imo is still too small, but there is no doubt that lw is very stacked.
Ahh ok. Maybe after a while you'll start liking the lower weightclasses, but I know that a lot of people's interest starts to fade the lower the weight.

CitizenSnips

Also, did you guys watch TUF tongiht?

The last time I watched a season of TUF was Season 11 which McGee won. I felt like the show was getting stale and the talent coming out of the show wasn't as good as it used to be so I stopped watching for a bit. But this season looks good.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
And I think Cormier is gonna beat the hell out of Mir. Bad matchup for Mir, but Mir is dangerous everywhere so he could potentially pull the upset, but I got Cormier via TKO.
I never really watched Strikeforce so I didn't really know him until I saw people hyping him up. So I looked up a couple of his fights and jesus... this guy looks unstoppable. It could take a Cain Velasquez to take him down. I'm just hoping if he beats Mir he can beat the shit out of Roy Nelson or something.

I'm going with

Dodson
Glover
Koch
Dodson (I'd actually give Johnson the edge but I like Dodson more)
Rampage (Again, I wouldn't give him the edge but I just go with who I like more)
Cerrone
Lamas

The only undercard fights I have an interest for the winner -
Matyushenko
Hioki

CitizenSnips

I never really watched Strikeforce so I didn't really know him until I saw people hyping him up. So I looked up a couple of his fights and jesus... this guy looks unstoppable. It could take a Cain Velasquez to take him down. I'm just hoping if he beats Mir he can beat the shit out of Roy Nelson or something.
Cormier and Cain are training partners and will likely never fight eachother. Cormier also implied that he will drop to 205 after the Mir fight.

Marvaz

come at me
CitizenSnips i think i watched tuf 1-3 the heavyweight one with page and shadface, and tito and shamrock, other than those i have not watched a single one. I will watch the sonnen/jones tuf tho.

Also AO will ktfo Cain, put money on it, AO is unstopable at heavyweight. And Cormier is still unproven imo so he might get wrecked in the ufc/

Big Frog

Noob
I'm pretty sure Marvaz understands that.

Marvaz, how do you see Guida winning?? Dec? It has to be!!

Sadly, I got Bader losing to the Janitor. Bader never seems to have good luck, maybe this time he'll do better. Janitor looked BAD against Gus.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
Also, did you guys watch TUF tongiht?

The last time I watched a season of TUF was Season 11 which McGee won. I felt like the show was getting stale and the talent coming out of the show wasn't as good as it used to be so I stopped watching for a bit. But this season looks good.
I've watched it ever since Amir Sadollah won. The last season was kinda boring though (both TUF and UK vs Australia). I wouldn't say the talent is any less though, they just take a bit more time to develop with how big the UFC has become. Admittedly, there were a couple disappointments like Escudero and Brookins (good fighter imo but bad results), but a few of them I think are great prospects. Nelson and Dodson are obviously doing pretty well, and I'd put good money on Chiesa and Whittaker to become strong contenders within a couple years. I really hate Colton Smith though.

But anyway, this season is looking really good from what I saw tonight. Usually there are fighters who just try and score points to get in the house but all these guys are exciting. Even the last pick (Dylan Andrews) looked great. The previews are looking pretty hype too, with the massive knockout that's apparently going to happen. I'll be rooting for Team Jones, but I want Uriah Hall to take it from what I've seen.

CitizenSnips

I can't imagine Bader losing to Vlad. Vlad is a vet and was very good but he's 42 years old now and I don't think he will be able to take Bader down or avoid the right hand.

Also lol at Shadface

Big Frog

Noob
Yeah, I agree. Vlad looks like a total geezer (and fights like one too), but ever since the Tito fight I don't even know what to expect.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
Sadly, I got Bader losing to the Janitor. Bader never seems to have good luck, maybe this time he'll do better. Janitor looked BAD against Gus.
I actually like both, but I always root for the Russians. After seeing guys like Nurmagomedov last week and Khabilov's suplexes, these Russians are gonna be taking over haha.

CitizenSnips

I've watched it ever since Amir Sadollah won. The last season was kinda boring though (both TUF and UK vs Australia). I wouldn't say the talent is any less though, they just take a bit more time to develop with how big the UFC has become. Admittedly, there were a couple disappointments like Escudero and Brookins (good fighter imo but bad results), but a few of them I think are great prospects. Nelson and Dodson are obviously doing pretty well, and I'd put good money on Chiesa and Whittaker to become strong contenders within a couple years. I really hate Colton Smith though.

But anyway, this season is looking really good from what I saw tonight. Usually there are fighters who just try and score points to get in the house but all these guys are exciting. Even the last pick (Dylan Andrews) looked great. The previews are looking pretty hype too, with the massive knockout that's apparently going to happen. I'll be rooting for Team Jones, but I want Uriah Hall to take it from what I've seen.
Sadollah's run on TUF was my favorite season. Wish he started MMA at a younger age, he has good skills but lacks the experience.

And yeah there are definitely good guys coming out of TUF. But overall I think the quality is worse, usualyl only like the top 2-4 guys from the show are decent whereas in the past at least half the cast were decent. Dodson, Brandao, Nijem, Ferguson etc. are all good young prospects. Also I think Rony Jason is a beast, I didn't watch the TUF season but I'm very impressed with him so far. And yeah I saw Colton's takedown when they were gonna slap hands and after that it's hard to root for a guy like that.

I'm surprised Uriah Hall wasn't the first pick. Him and Troeng are the guys to beat imo.