What's new

*Official* This guy ragequit on me and I've got proof thread

RagingGulaman

Raging Of The Sub Zero
man do u always laugh on someone if they try to beat your ass on round 1 and then after that suddenly on round 2 and come back with sick ass combos and make them rage on that that happend to me alot

Do you still win the match and he gets a loss if your opponent disconnects?
It depends on when and how the disconnect is done. In most cases you still get a win, but if they get a loss or not depends. Sometimes you both get losses. Their win streak won't break either, and your win streak does not count disconnect wins. I needed a 12 streak to get the ten win streak trophy, and 140 wins to get the 100 win trophy for this reason.

The bottom line: rank should not be taken seriously in any online game, just play and have fun. My rank is pretty good, but I also troll a lot with bad characters just to mess with people, and random select and such. I play a lot of kratos in ranked, now that's fun... :)

It depends on when and how the disconnect is done. In most cases you still get a win, but if they get a loss or not depends. Sometimes you both get losses. Their win streak won't break either, and your win streak does not count disconnect wins. I needed a 12 streak to get the ten win streak trophy, and 140 wins to get the 100 win trophy for this reason.

The bottom line: rank should not be taken seriously in any online game, just play and have fun. My rank is pretty good, but I also troll a lot with bad characters just to mess with people, and random select and such. I play a lot of kratos in ranked, now that's fun... :)
Yeah E, I concur on that second part. I'm one of the worse players online, and i'm actually a bit hurt by the statistics I get in ranked because it makes me look better than I am... I'm like 50-50 right now, but compared to some people I see online... i should be way lower than that.

Also, I don't think a disconnect counts as a loss, i thought it just lowers the points count. When the player leaves, that has to count as a loss though.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
I don't know why it takes so long for you, but most of my ranked matches pop up in 10 seconds or less for a match most times. If I'm waiting 30 seconds I assume the server has glitched up and I start my search again.
Same with me... I find matches almost instantly.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
Well I don't do this double standard to people so maybe I'm the exception, if I win, it's a jab to the face or a fireball or teleport move if I'm far away. I don't want to waste people's time and I don't expect them to waste mine. I did babality like 2 people the other day, but that's because they sent me dickhead messages after they lost in a previous match so I'm just making them look all the more stupid when they talk shit. People I don't know or who haven't tried to annoy me I finish it quick as a courtesy.

I feel the exact same way. I ALWAYS input the no blood code unless I'm looking at TYM at that moment and if I win, you can bet (especially with Sub Zero) you are getting a kick to the knee to end the match.

I feel the exact same way. I ALWAYS input the no blood code unless I'm looking at TYM at that moment and if I win, you can bet (especially with Sub Zero) you are getting a kick to the knee to end the match.
aww you guys are so nice.... :S so I'm the only one who uses Ermac's bug squash fatality? Makes me feel awful.

Kraiden

Step aside!
Agreed. I don't see why everyone does not do what madden did, with seperate matchmaking options. Some can only be accessed if your disconnect percentage is below a certain amount, and if it goes too high, you can only play with people who also have high disconnect percentages. Does not seem hard to do, but I'm not a programmer. People need to realize that for online games, you need to plan for the lowest common denominator.
But is there also non-ranked online matches?

Also, anyone playing on EU? What are the waiting times to find matches?

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
I don't want to see the 15 second cutscenes that I've seen thousands of times.
Then don't lose. That's the punishment for losing, that's how it's always been in MK. You have to sit there humiliated by seeing your character get fucked up. And a lot of people like to do it because of people like you who get angry at them. I for one love it when someone fatality drops on me, makes me happy knowing I made them rage.

Don't try and justify rage quitting. There is no justification, take it like a man.

Lumpymoomilk

Online Punching Bag
Then don't lose. That's the punishment for losing, that's how it's always been in MK. You have to sit there humiliated by seeing your character get fucked up. And a lot of people like to do it because of people like you who get angry at them. I for one love it when someone fatality drops on me, makes me happy knowing I made them rage.

Don't try and justify rage quitting. There is no justification, take it like a man.
But I'm a unicorn not a man. So I should just start fatalitying everyone online and teabagging too to rub my wins in their face? Seems everyone quits on me online that's around my same skill level or higher when they lose even before I have time to jab them in the face most times.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
But I'm a unicorn not a man. So I should just start fatalitying everyone online and teabagging too to rub my wins in their face?
If you want, you say it like it's a bad thing though. If teabagging and doing fatalities is how you want to celebrate your win, then it's your right to do so and has been since MK1. In fact, primarily for the reason of aggravating my opponent I do fatalities or other non-sense, whatever increases that rage meter of theirs. Why? It throws them off their game, it isn't my fault they can't control their emotions. It is just a game, after all.

Johnny2d

Xbl: Johnny2Die
I got an interesting message from a rage quit yesterday. He was Kabal (something like 10 wins 10 losses), I was Skarlet, I used d4, dash slide to knock him down and wake him up and knock him down until both rounds were over. I find its the fastest way to get through a match if they can't do a wakeup attack or block low, basic elements of this game. Second round was perfect, he wasn't able to get out. He sent me a message saying 'Reporting'... I replied 'reporting what?'. He got back to me saying 'Don't fake like you don't know what you did, learn to play the game scrub'. I laughed, then moved on with my life.

Lumpymoomilk

Online Punching Bag
If you want, you say it like it's a bad thing though. If teabagging and doing fatalities is how you want to celebrate your win, then it's your right to do so and has been since MK1. In fact, primarily for the reason of aggravating my opponent I do fatalities or other non-sense, whatever increases that rage meter of theirs. Why? It throws them off their game, it isn't my fault they can't control their emotions. It is just a game, after all.
I just find it takes away from the spirit of sportmanship mostly the teabagging is a complete waste of time. But playing a game where you murder people against anonymous faceless people might as well throw the spirit of friendly competition out the window I guess.

Miss Kanzuki

*KANZUKI GOON SQUAD*
I say teabag/fatality/babality me if you must,..I'll sit through it.

But don't be surprised if I decline a re-match. Why? Because the time I spent fighting you was still time spent. You get a win off of me and make me feel like a fool for wasting my time, I'll better spend my time and seek ggs elsewhere. Simple as that.

Don't dramatize it THAT much. juggernaut brings up a great point. Either way, its 15 seconds. What's fifteen seconds to you? You're playing mk9, not trying to change the world or anything. Why make it sound like watching an animation is just killing you inside?

Dr_Bufa

Noob
I'm glad, soooo glad we're all taking part in this project, I mean, Rage quitting is such a terrible thing, and all people that do it should be exposed and laughed at because it basically means they're trash at life. Especially if they do it online, were it really counts.
what a stupid and senseless conclusion you just made, you cleary have nothing better to do, sad.

Tim Static

Adminerator
This, x's 999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999

If you dont win, its not your choice how your opponent finishes you. Thats the whole thing about the finishing moves, and like Juggs said, its been like that since 1992. Get over it, or win the goddamn match.

I say teabag/fatality/babality me if you must,..I'll sit through it.

But don't be surprised if I decline a re-match. Why? Because the time I spent fighting you was still time spent. You get a win off of me and make me feel like a fool for wasting my time, I'll better spend my time and seek ggs elsewhere. Simple as that.
Thats respectable. Quitting before or during a finishing move is disrespectful.

Back in the arcade days, the loser would usually storm off huffing & puffing, etc, but he couldnt reset the machine (unless he knew where the switch was, but that would usually result in a broken arm or a black eye)

Here's my most recent one. He quit, and the thing is. I wasn't even going to finish him. o.o

Also I'm a terrible jax if anyone's wondering. I'm only good with my air grabs2012-06-13-160017.jpg