What's new

[Oct. 9-11] SoCal Regionals 2015 MKX $10K (Ontario, CA)

YOMI Reno_Racks

I have a dream...
Is the YOMI crew going ?
Absolutely! We won't be sending the entire team out because it's not drivable which is the main reason we can afford to send this many guys out so often. West coast events cost us approximately 3 times as much as any event east of Texas do.

A few of the guys who didn't get a chance to compete in ESL this past season want to stay back and try to win that BIG money too. Expect to see about half the squad there, which is still a bigger presence than most teams lol.

I wouldn't worry about the west coast MKX turnout. I remember this happening when Injustice was first at SCR. They're just not really vocal on TYM but they can't wait for SCR trust me.

Now that I think about it. Right around the time we were all questioning the lack of hype behind SCR that year, a beautiful thing happened. @AK elitegoomba and @Filipino Man were both having success in their scenes and Filipino Man called out Goomba on WNF claiming the he in fact was the best WW. That call out ended up creating one of our first true rivalry matches.

Somebody needs to start talking some smack!

DeftMonk

Noob
i am curious when a patch like 8-31 comes out...if it were to come out say 1 day before this would the new version be used? I would pay money to see the final match be kano vs tanya and last round kano lost just because he powered up after a dark shroud because he wasnt aware that would kill him faster than drinking drano

Fuck bro. When is a tournament gonna be best 3/5 the whole way through? MKX is fast enough of a game to do it. There is literally never time outs and majority of rounds end in 20-30 seconds. Can't wait till a major is best 3/5 from pools to grand finals
Hi Forever King,

We are looking to at least showcase top 8 in 3/5 matches. Pools this year would have to be 2/3.

Hey guys!

We got 10 stacks to giveaway to the finest MKX play in SoCal! Whether it's someone from out of town or local, somebody is getting paid!

Schedule should be posted soon, but starting MKX pools on Saturday at 10AM and Semis that same night.

We are also looking to run 3/5 top 8 during Sunday Finals!

Please feel free to ask me any questions/concerns you may have!

<3 you guys!

- Valle

GuamoKun

I Break Hearts, Not Combos
Absolutely! We won't be sending the entire team out because it's not drivable which is the main reason we can afford to send this many guys out so often. West coast events cost us approximately 3 times as much as any event east of Texas do.

A few of the guys who didn't get a chance to compete in ESL this past season want to stay back and try to win that BIG money too. Expect to see about half the squad there, which is still a bigger presence than most teams lol.

I wouldn't worry about the west coast MKX turnout. I remember this happening when Injustice was first at SCR. They're just not really vocal on TYM but they can't wait for SCR trust me.

Now that I think about it. Right around the time we were all questioning the lack of hype behind SCR that year, a beautiful thing happened. @AK elitegoomba and @Filipino Man were both having success in their scenes and Filipino Man called out Goomba on WNF claiming the he in fact was the best WW. That call out ended up creating one of our first true rivalry matches.

Somebody needs to start talking some smack!
Any player you send my way will look like a Ken doll when my Cassie is done with them.

roosTakk

Chode Juggler
Hey guys!

We got 10 stacks to giveaway to the finest MKX play in SoCal! Whether it's someone from out of town or local, somebody is getting paid!

Schedule should be posted soon, but starting MKX pools on Saturday at 10AM and Semis that same night.

We are also looking to run 3/5 top 8 during Sunday Finals!

Please feel free to ask me any questions/concerns you may have!

<3 you guys!

- Valle

Thanks for more info. This will be my first major and looking to plan flight/hotel/ect..so I can get bodied on time

Sajam

Nightwing In Retirement
Hopefully everybody comes out to SCR this year. It's gonna be a sick event, and I hope to see you all there!

Daemantalo

Not Good Enough
I will definitely be going! The venue is like 20 minutes from my house! :D

I'm really psyched to see the pro-players who I'll bump into and meet there!

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing
SCR 2014 is debatable top 5 tournament I've ever been to (and I've been to around 40-50), as far as how fun the weekend was inside and outside the tournament.

Definitely looking forward to this year and would recommend SCR to anyone