What's new

[Oct. 9-11] SoCal Regionals 2015 MKX $10K (Ontario, CA)

The Celebrity

Professional Googler

STB Shujinkydink

Burning down in flames for kicks
I don't think this will ship in time for the tournament (I'm Canadian so stuff can get stuck at the border for weeks sometimes), and I'd rather not drop $60 on one just for the purpose of one tournament. Also don't even know if they're even tournament legal.

Would there be people at SCR with some converters that would be willing to share them around?
do you mind if i ask where in BC you are?

The Celebrity

Professional Googler
damn is there a scene there? Im in Kamloops
Nope, none. I have family in Kamloops, small place so I presume there's 0 scene there too? Pretty sure the only place in BC with a scene would be Van. Makes me sad, I'd love to have some locals to do, but instead all I find is online tournaments, and normally those are pretty bad connections since I'm Western Canadian Internet against normally Eastern US. Probably preaching to the choir though since I'm sure you're in the same boat.

Last edited:

STB Shujinkydink

Burning down in flames for kicks
Nope, none. I have family in Kamloops, small place so I presume there's 0 scene there too? Pretty sure the only place in BC with a scene would be Van. Makes me sad, I'd love to have some locals to do, but instead all I find is online tournaments, and normally those are pretty bad connections since I'm Western Candian Internet against normally Eastern US. Probably preaching to the choir though since I'm sure you're in the same boat.
Nothing here :( i drive to seattle every month for their event. went to an event in van yesterday. gotta drive a ways to get anything lol

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
This will be the first California tournament I've ever taken part in, and a fitting choice at that.

If I don't make it out of pools this time, I'm going to look back at Summer Jam and TFC and wonder to myself, "What the hell happened?"

insignis

Noob
Can't wait to show you Ermac from Mother Russia! And let down my comrades by dying in pools :<
"I will crush you" Lar :D

SentientProgram

Unbreakable
I decided to compete also. I have NEVER competed or been to a tournament before, so I may be out of my own league. But the location is less than 20 miles away from my home, and I love playing the game. so it cant get any more convenient than that. See you guys there.

evolution07

It's too soon to get cocky.
I'm hoping to attend a tournament next year if there is one. I need more practice using a controller since I use a keyboard. The PS4 controller had me messing up big time. Hitbox didn't work so well for me lol

The Celebrity

Professional Googler
silly question but are wireless controllers allowed?
It says on the site "No wireless controllers or macro-capable devices" but I would appreciate some clarification for this as well since PS4 + wired controllers is not really a thing as far as I know. I don't know why standard PS4 controllers wouldn't be perfectly acceptable though...

Does anyone know the payouts?
Pulled from the site:

Prize Pot Distribution
1st Place: 50%
2nd Place: 20%
3rd Place: 13%
4th Place: 7%
5th Place: 3%
5th Place: 3%
7th Place: 2%
7th Place: 2%

The pot will be around $11,000 because of the $10k pot bonus.

insignis

Noob
It says on the site "No wireless controllers or macro-capable devices" but I would appreciate some clarification for this as well since PS4 + wired controllers is not really a thing as far as I know. I don't know why standard PS4 controllers wouldn't be perfectly acceptable though...
they added that later, yes. You can remove battery from DS4 and you will be good to go.