What's new

NRS Agrees - HE NEEDS IT! Cyrax Reset still in MK Vita.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
Try these:

Naked Smoke bomb (stand still) f4~EX Bomb

Naked Smoke Bomb > 3d12 (stand still) f4~EX Bomb

These combos eliminate as many variables as humanly possible from the reset. If you can hit even one of these even one time, the reset is still in the game in its current state.

If it is patched, any word if smoke's OTG might be back? LOL because that's what he really needs ;)

Nope, it's gone. It will still do the 10% unscaled otg, but it will not reset.

Let's end this discussion. Hell I should have never posted myself.

Fact of the matter is:

There are people that are naturally gonna accept the game for what it is (whatever NRS throws at us/them).

And then...

There are people who are gonna be blunt and very opinionated (rude or not) about the game's flaws (demand/wish for changes)...and probably still play the game game anyways (getting closer and closer to suicide lol).

Heh...

PND_Mustard

"More stealthful than the night"
Premium Supporter
I'm pretty sure it's no secret that Ed Boon is probably one of the "slower" people in the world. How...HOW you ask has he stayed in his position for so long?

Good question. How did George W. Bush get elected as President with an I.Q. of 87?

If I counted how many people own or run a business and havn't got a damn CLUE what they are doing.......I don't think i could count that high. Just because someone has a particular title doesn't mean they deserve it or are good at it.
so now Ed Boon is being compared to W. Bush, lmao this is going places.

Delriach

Sindelly
Can you link to that shoryuken post please
He's referring to this post I made

http://shoryuken.com/2012/05/01/mortal-kombat-vita-features-hidden-balance-changes/

All the stuff I said were things I mentioned in my topic on TYM.

http://testyourmight.com/threads/sindel-got-nerfed-in-mortal-kombat-vita.16687/

I spent a good hour trying to do the Smoke reset on Vita. Couldn't. I got it on my first try on PS3 and could do it consistently. Jax's damage was definitely reduced. His overhead smash, ex ground pound, 1,1,1,12~OHS combo does 15% dmg on Vita. Does 28% on console. This 100% combo with 2 bars now does 72% damage on Vita. Inputs as taken from the video: jip,b124,1,1,1,12~OHS---EX GP ---1,1,1,12~OHS---EX GP --- 1 (x7) ~ Dash punch. That one does 41 + 28 + 31 on console. It does 41%-15%-16% on Vita.

Cyrax can still reset. I got hit by it online. TWICE. Sindel damage also got nerfed too. Probably because Paulo hates me. Lol.

STB Shujinkydink

Burning down in flames for kicks
I'm pretty sure it's no secret that Ed Boon is probably one of the "slower" people in the world. How...HOW you ask has he stayed in his position for so long?

Good question. How did George W. Bush get elected as President with an I.Q. of 87?

If I counted how many people own or run a business and havn't got a damn CLUE what they are doing.......I don't think i could count that high. Just because someone has a particular title doesn't mean they deserve it or are good at it.
I think generally speaking ppl who get in to those positions dont stay very long...certainly not 20 years

Enenra

Go to hell.
Perhaps if the vita makes a large enough profit WB will use some of their money mountain to allow NRS to port the new patch to consoles?

I also believe that Tremor is a test. If people freak the fuck out (like we are, myself especially) he will be in MK9 via DLC. MK10 for sure.

Espio

Kokomo
Perhaps if the vita makes a large enough profit WB will use some of their money mountain to allow NRS to port the new patch to consoles?

I also believe that Tremor is a test. If people freak the fuck out (like we are, myself especially) he will be in MK9 via DLC. MK10 for sure.
People have been begging for Tremor since that horrible game that I almost got hit by a car trying to rent came out, Mortal Kombat Special Forces...if they don't know whether people want him by now, they never will lol.

He's a ninja, he'll sell no matter what...:p.

I'd buy him, I like Earth elementals better than any other.

Enenra

Go to hell.
People have been begging for Tremor since that horrible game that I almost got hit by a car trying to rent came out, Mortal Kombat Special Forces...if they don't know whether people want him by now, they never will lol.

He's a ninja, he'll sell no matter what...:p.

I'd buy him, I like Earth elementals better than any other.
A ninja cross of Jax/Noob/Smoke? Top 5.

Plus Earth powers are legit. He seems like a tank, and has a cool backstory. Locked up in Goro's Lair as a prisoner? Baller.
Plus he looks awesome.

*nerdgasm*

Espio

Kokomo
A ninja cross of Jax/Noob/Smoke? Top 5.

Plus Earth powers are legit. He seems like a tank, and has a cool backstory. Locked up in Goro's Lair as a prisoner? Baller.
Plus he looks awesome.

*nerdgasm*
That combination of those characters induces fear and excitement....he'll probably need to be nerfed out the gate lol.

His old story as a Black Dragon member with Kano was interesting, I didn't read that new stuff that was added with the Vita to his story, I've always been neutral on this character, but I'm hopeful they'll make him a powerhouse, much bigger than Jax and possibly as tall as Sheeva.

Probably cuz mk9 sold millions and is considered the best fighting game of 2011.

On a competitive level this game/series can be ridiculous, but NRS and WB are obviously more concerned about the casual audience. I'm willing to bet that 80% of the people who buy mk9 and mk vita won't even note any gameplay differences.

Enenra

Go to hell.
That combination of those characters induces fear and excitement....he'll probably need to be nerfed out the gate lol.

His old story as a Black Dragon member with Kano was interesting, I didn't read that new stuff that was added with the Vita to his story, I've always been neutral on this character, but I'm hopeful they'll make him a powerhouse, much bigger than Jax and possibly as tall as Sheeva.
I like them human sized, but yes thick would be good. I like men with nice abs and biceps.

Espio

Kokomo
I like them human sized, but yes thick would be good. I like men with nice abs and biceps.
That works too

LOL who doesn't like that?

I'm getting deja vu of a previous thread...I'll leave that alone:).

He will hopefully get his own unique moves, not just revised versions of other characters' movesets. I expect a ground pound esque move and some time of rocky projectile, but aside from that majorly fresh moves to go alongside them.

Matix218

Get over here!
Probably cuz mk9 sold millions and is considered the best fighting game of 2011.

On a competitive level this game/series can be ridiculous, but NRS and WB are obviously more concerned about the casual audience. I'm willing to bet that 80% of the people who buy mk9 and mk vita won't even note any gameplay differences.
So true, at the end of the day less then 10% of the sales are to actual hardcore players and over 90% of sales are to people wanting to see blood, x ray animations and fatalities

M2Dave

Zoning Master
He's referring to this post I made

http://shoryuken.com/2012/05/01/mortal-kombat-vita-features-hidden-balance-changes/

All the stuff I said were things I mentioned in my topic on TYM.

http://testyourmight.com/threads/sindel-got-nerfed-in-mortal-kombat-vita.16687/

I spent a good hour trying to do the Smoke reset on Vita. Couldn't. I got it on my first try on PS3 and could do it consistently. Jax's damage was definitely reduced. His overhead smash, ex ground pound, 1,1,1,12~OHS combo does 15% dmg on Vita. Does 28% on console. This 100% combo with 2 bars now does 72% damage on Vita. Inputs as taken from the video: jip,b124,1,1,1,12~OHS---EX GP ---1,1,1,12~OHS---EX GP --- 1 (x7) ~ Dash punch. That one does 41 + 28 + 31 on console. It does 41%-15%-16% on Vita.

Cyrax can still reset. I got hit by it online. TWICE. Sindel damage also got nerfed too. Probably because Paulo hates me. Lol.
Anything on Kabal, Kenshi, and Freddy? Or is everything the same?

AREZ God of War

The Crazy BeastMaster

And THAT, Sir.....is part of the problem. You hurt the ones you love the most.

However I also believe MK9 sold as a result of hype and expectations....I don't doubt there were a TON of people who bought the game, but were extremely disappointed at the overall result and it was simply too late to return it. Sale don't mean nearly as much as they are credited for.....take Virtua-Fighter 5 - was considered the most balanced Fighting game ever made, but it didn't sell for SHIT. Compare that to a shitty game like SF4 series which sold millions....probably BILLIONS.

It's all about marketing. Why are the best rappers underground and don't sell alot and we have talentless garbage like Lil' Wayne running the game? Public opinion is about as useless as a poopy-flavored lollypop.

Maxter

Noob
I think it's quite clear NRS do NOT know how to deal with it, it's still a bug. But it's a bug I don't think they know how to fix.
This is not a bug dude, haven't you played any other mks before and see how cyrax can pop you up infinetly from the ground? the bomb loop is part of the engine, and coming out of stagger after a net is also part of the engine, you can block any hits after the net stagger or any other staggers in the game, but you cant block the bombs after it therefore you are going airborne again, this is part of the engine, you people just don't get it, wait until you come to EVO, your sektor will get he needz it to death and will be flying all over the screen

No 2-in-1 bombs and that should do it... I mean, you can't 2-in-1 Jade's glow, why not bombs?
this is kind of selfish, don't compare what other characters should or not do, no hard feelings konqrr the mk community loves you

How hard could it be for them to program Cyrax to not be able to throw a second net during a combo? Honestly.
Not having a second net after combos will ruin cyrax even more, wtf dude be reasonable, a lot of people use the second net to avoid wake up options and reset the situation for 50/50s

HE NEEDZ IT WINZ ONZE AGAIN =)

Alice

Haaave you met Sektor?
Seems like it would be a fairly simple thing to just make Cyrax's bombs work like CZS's. I mean, the code is already there in some capacity. But what do I know, I'm not a programmer.
Lol, if NRS would do that Cyrax would be twice as broken.

Delriach

Sindelly
Anything on Kabal, Kenshi, and Freddy? Or is everything the same?
I don't really know those characters to notice anything right off the bat. I could test some stuff out and compare. Anything you'd like me to try out specifically?

Justice

Noob
Public opinion is about as useless as a poopy-flavored lollypop.
And you, good sir are a part of the public, so guess what your opinion is worth ;)

Back on topic, as stated earlier, Cyrax's damage output won't be greatly changed without the reset so I'm not sure what the argument is about. Can the character still fuck you 8-ways from Sunday? Of course he can. Even without the reset, he's still nutz.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
I don't really know those characters to notice anything right off the bat. I could test some stuff out and compare. Anything you'd like me to try out specifically?
- Kabal's iaGBs and (if possible) 2 xx NDC

- Kenshi's damage and frame data on SC and EX SC

- Freddy's staple combo (f+4,2,1 xx EX spike, JP,f+2,1 xx close spike, f+4,2,1 xx far spike, far spike) and damage as well as chip damage on glove toss, fingers, and spikes.

Edit: LOL Maxter always showing up in Cyrax nerf discussions.