What's new

Noob.Com updated and reset with more clues!

trufenix

bye felicia
Shadowknight1, Law Hero, it's never going to get better as long as people support them.

shaowebb, even if this was their first promotional fuck up (it ain't), its way beyond the first time its happened on the internet. If you're going to attempt a web based contest, you gotta know people are going to try to brute force through it.

There should have been at least one asshole between Gamestop and WB to check and see if the most basic web bait and switch gave up all their secrets before putting it live.

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.

[USER=10989]shaowebb
, even if this was their first promotional fuck up (it ain't), its way beyond the first time its happened on the internet. If you're going to attempt a web based contest, you gotta know people are going to try to brute force through it.
XD
Im sorry I couldn't stop laughing at this because my overactive imagination kicked in during it.

I pictured a Gamestop employee standing next to an Injustice themed crane game filled with boxes labeled "character reveal!" and "Opening Cinematic secrets!" and a guy wearing a T-shirt that said "internet" walking up to it skeptically with eyes narrowed.

Guy slooooowly grabs the controller
eases the claw to the left with the controller stone faced
eaaaaaaaases it forward
PUNCHES THROUGH THE GLASS OF THE MACHINE AND STUFFS ARMS FULL OF BOXES
Lumbers away trailing boxes snarling and knuckle running like a Gorilla.

trufenix

bye felicia
shaowebb, more like the gang of idiots kicking and shoving and tipping the snack machine cause there's an oatmeal cream pie doubled up at the bottom. None of them even wants the damned thing that badly, but they're sure as shit gonna find a way to get it.

Law Hero

There is a head on a pole behind you
Shouldn't you be able to buy cheaper used games on Amazon.com?
Amazon.de is for me like the best thing ever. Even cheaper games than the most cheapest game on eBay.
I'm a little old-fashioned, and still distrusting of buying used games online. Especially when I can't look at the product myself to ascertain whether the condition is satisfactory or not.

I'm a little old-fashioned, and still distrusting of buying used games online. Especially when I can't look at the product myself to ascertain whether the condition is satisfactory or not.
You should give it a try.
Amazon has never disappointed me personally and if you can save money with that method, why not.

trufenix

bye felicia
Dude, its way more risky buying used games from Gamestop, at least Amazon will give you your money back. Once you buy from gamestop, the cash is gone, even if you return it all you can get is the same game or fucking store credit. And that's ignoring the fact that their used prices are completely retarded.

Law Hero

You should give it a try.
Amazon has never disappointed me personally and if you can save money with that method, why not.
I definitely will. Especially since it's getting incredibly hard to find PS2 games at stores now.

Regardless, I heard that the PS4 and X-Box(whatever) are not going to be able to play used games. If that's the case, I'd say Gamestop doesn't stand a chance of surviving another generation since the majority of their income comes from buying/selling used games.

I definitely will. Especially since it's getting incredibly hard to find PS2 games at stores now.

Regardless, I heard that the PS4 and X-Box(whatever) are not going to be able to play used games. If that's the case, I'd say Gamestop doesn't stand a chance of surviving another generation since the majority of their income comes from buying/selling used games.
For the PS4 at least, that's bunk. They stated shortly after the reveal conference(where they actually didn't reveal the physical console) that it will play used games. It will NOT, however, play PS3 and down games, whether physical or digital. That's right. PSN purchases won't transfer to the PS4.

You will be able to play used games.
That's official for the PS4 for the most part and if Microsoft comes up with shit like that, they lose the console-war, before it even had the chance to begin. They know that and they won't do that.

Chances are still high that publishers will concentrate more and more on DLC / pre-order BS so that you feel forced to buy the games new.

Law Hero

Ah, gotcha. I'm guessing every game is going to come with an online pass now though, right? That way if you buy a used game, you still have to give money to the publishers to play it.

But, man, what is with the lack of backwards compatibility? Also, is there any mention of price yet?

Ah, gotcha. I'm guessing every game is going to come with an online pass now though, right? That way if you buy a used game, you still have to give money to the publishers to play it.

But, man, what is with the lack of backwards compatibility? Also, is there any mention of price yet?
The reason for no backwards compatibility is because the ps4 is using a new core instead of cell they are using x86 cpu whice means it can´t play ps3 games.

No mention of price, and I think that ties in with the answer to the other question. Sony is really f-ing stupid. The PS4 has a blu-ray player. It's the exact same format, yet it can't play the games. That makes so little sense that it's not even funny. And the fact that you can't play your PSN games is even worse. The damn thing would have to be smaller than the Wii Mini for me to plop down even $150 for it cause I'd have to keep the damn behemoth around.

No backwards compatibility ... well, you will be able to download and stream some old games or something like that, but you won't be able to play your old games on the new console.
The price tag should be between 400 and 470$ I guess but no one should ever buy a console at the beginning and especially not this year, because most of the next gen games will come out on the PS3 / X-Box 360, so stick with the current gen for 1-2 more years and then when the new consoles have a lot of exclusive games and are cheaper you can switch over.

It basically still stays the same ... the next gen of consoles will come out in 2014 / 2015, but you will be able to buy them this year ;-)

trufenix

bye felicia
For the PS4 at least, that's bunk. They stated shortly after the reveal conference(where they actually didn't reveal the physical console) that it will play used games. It will NOT, however, play PS3 and down games, whether physical or digital. That's right. PSN purchases won't transfer to the PS4.
They announced they're gonna use Gaikai for game streaming. Not exactly backwards compatible, but at least the old games will be available.

Law Hero

No backwards compatibility ... well, you will be able to download and stream some old games or something like that, but you won't be able to play your old games on the new console.
The price tag should be between 400 and 470$ I guess but no one should ever buy a console at the beginning and especially not this year, because most of the next gen games will come out on the PS3 / X-Box 360, so stick with the current gen for 1-2 more years and then when the new consoles have a lot of exclusive games and are cheaper you can switch over.

It basically still stays the same ... the next gen of consoles will come out in 2014 / 2015, but you will be able to buy them this year ;-)
Oh, I never buy on-release consoles. They're always overpriced, and there's never any good games. Not even one or two games justifies it. More importantly, are games going to be $70.00 each now?

Oh, I never buy on-release consoles. They're always overpriced, and there's never any good games. Not even one or two games justifies it. More importantly, are games going to be $70.00 each now?
At least Pachter thinks so ...
I honestly wouldn't mind 70 or even 80$ games (that's actually the amount I'm paying, since I'm from Germany and 60€ are not 60$), if they would cut off the DLC bad business practices.
I said it once and I'm going to say it over and over again until the day I die ... the full version of the Cashcom game Street Fighter X Tekken costs around 140$, if not even more ...
The game and all the DLC content that comes along with it.

I want to be able to buy a game once and own it. No day 1 downloadable bullshit which stays on my HDD, so that I leave out half of the game, if I take the disc to a buddy to play there.

Law Hero

At least Pachter thinks so ...
I honestly wouldn't mind 70 or even 80$ games (that's actually the amount I'm paying, since I'm from Germany and 60€ are not 60$), if they would cut off the DLC bad business practices.
I said it once and I'm going to say it over and over again until the day I die ... the full version of the Cashcom game Street Fighter X Tekken costs around 140$, if not even more ...
The game and all the DLC content that comes along with it.

I want to be able to buy a game once and own it. No day 1 downloadable bullshit which stays on my HDD, so that I leave out half of the game, if I take the disc to a buddy to play there.
You know some buddies and I, as Tekken fans, really wanted to pick up SFxT, but we just refuse to buy all that crap. It's a dame shame that business practices have turned out so badly, because when done right, DLC can be awesome.

Still, I don't know what kind of day job you have, but $70.00 on launch is just too much for me. I only buy a handful of games day 1 a year, and that's already too much. I don't think there's anything else I'm buying day 1 this year after Injustice drops, now that I think about it.

Still, I don't know what kind of day job you have, but $70.00 on launch is just too much for me.
I'm broke as FUCK. There are a lot of games I would like to own, but I have to invest all the money into my studies.
Injustice will be the only game in a long time that I bought on day one and until Deadpool comes out, there won't be a different one that I will buy :-|

And yeah, Germany is expensive, especially when you think about how Germany likes to censor stuff, cut out parts from the game and stuff like that, so I'm paying more money for less content if I choose to buy a FSK 18 game. Which I don't, LOL!

Law Hero

I'm broke as FUCK. There are a lot of games I would like to own, but I have to invest all the money into my studies.
Injustice will be the only game in a long time that I bought on day one and until Deadpool comes out, there won't be a different one that I will buy :-|

And yeah, Germany is expensive, especially when you think about how Germany likes to censor stuff, cut out parts from the game and stuff like that, so I'm paying more money for less content if I choose to buy a FSK 18 game. Which I don't, LOL!
So does all of the censoring cost money, and in turn, raise the price of the actual product? Cause if so, that shit blows, man.

And I feel ya on the broke thing. All of my money goes towards rent and studies too, so MGS: Rising is probably the only other game I'll get at full price this year. I've got a huge PS2 backlog to work on when I get bored, so it's all good.

So does all of the censoring cost money, and in turn, raise the price of the actual product? Cause if so, that shit blows, man.
No, the censoring doesn't cost money, but for example ... Saints Row The Third lacks one very bloody mission, the police arrives much faster, when you shoot around, I think you can't kill innocent bystands + because of all that when it comes to online play, you're limited to Germany only.
And for that I still have to pay the full price.
Games like Prototype 1 and MK9 didn't even get released in Germany, so I had to import them which did cost me more money as well, because of the shipping costs.

Oh and MGR is supposed to be pretty damn good. Unfortunately very short they say, so I'm not quite sure if the full price is justified, but it does look like they put a lot effort into the game and something like that seems to be rather unique nowdays.

Law Hero

Oh and MGR is supposed to be pretty damn good. Unfortunately very short they say, so I'm not quite sure if the full price is justified, but it does look like they put a lot effort into the game and something like that seems to be rather unique nowdays.
MGR is definitely awesome, and definitely worth full price, in my opinion. I'm just a fan of action games, in general, but I've already played the crap out of it. I don't normally do it, but I even went trophy hunting, and the only one I'm missing is listening to all of the millions of codec calls. There's lots of fun VR missions too. Good enough to last me till Injustice's release.

As for the censorship thing, it sounds pretty lame.