What's new

General/Other - Kitana New Mortal Kombat X Gameplay Trailer - Kitana Revealed!

juicepouch

blink-182 enthusiast
@Euphoric I was actually thinking similarly about Cassie... I can't have been the only one to forget she's in the game amidst all the reveals for more interesting characters lol

Arkane Slim

I did a lot but I never hated...
I miss Jade. :(
Out of the three ninja assassin girls, Jade would have the better of three variations:

1. boomerang: For zoning and projectile mixups
2. staff: for grabs and pokes and just whipping that ass
3. Glow: for evasive tactics and other cool shit.

I'm very happy to see Kitana, and I suspect we will see Mileena. But I need my Illuminati Jade... Or just regular Jade.

Last edited:

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
I'm happy with what we got. Also, my copy of MKX is already paid off so I've got....no problems! :)

BillStickers

Do not touch me again.
Yea more poly, shading,.. but everything looks like plastic and made out of the same material. I really have a problem with the art style, not the tech actually. This is not MK to me.
You've got to be trolling. Every character in MK9 looked like Gumby and the models were sloppy as hell. You could actually see ZBrush sculpting artifacts on Sheeva's thighs lol. MKX is a *massive* stylistic improvement across the board. At any rate, the rubbery look in NRS games is partially a design decision for 1) performance and 2) from keeping the violence/gore from looking too realistic.

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
@Urfost

Personally, I think MKX looks fantastic. It looks better than MK9, and I'd agree with Max that it is the best looking MK ever. However, you have a very valid point. The texture of certain materials within MKX and MK9 don't look like cloth, and instead look 'plastic-y'. There are more cosmetic things that were a bit weird in MK9, but a lot of that looks really revamped in MKX. Portraits have hands now instead of claws, etc.... I don't understand why NRS doesn't make the cloth look like cloth, but I don't have enough 3d modelling knowledge to venture a guess. Maybe they have a reason. Nonetheless, most fans will just say it doesn't effect the gameplay and dismiss aesthetics. Like, why is all the female hair up instead of down? Have they just given up on rendering flowing hair? Why?

Aesthetics matter. That used to be MK's calling card: games that looked and played better than the competition in every regard.
yep flowing hair it's hard to program in a way that looks believable .... at least in NRS fighting games , rsrs .... keeping the hair short or tied with accessories seems the way to go with MK female characters ..... :D

Overall, yeah, MKX seems amazing, but will not be 100% perfect in the presentation department (since none game is) so, no reason to complain about minor stuff that does not impact over another major factors, since the most important of all, gameplay aspect, will be optimized and will work out. ;)

KingHippo

Alternative-Fact Checker
Personally, I really like the more conservative female look shown by Cassie and Kitana. You look at female boxers, MMA fighters etc. and they aren't rocking the long and flowing look, they are getting it out of the way for a fight. MK9, for as good as I think it looked, was pretty exploitative, which you could argue is in the spirit of Mortal Kombat, but hasn't aged particularly well. Kitana with longish pants and a legit sports bra/wrap is forward thinking but still maintains the kunoichi assassin look that was presented before. Cassie has a full body suit with a holster and her hair is up and out of the way, much more in line with a SWAT officer or something similar. I applaud NRS for their new designs, very smart.

IMakeItL00kC00L

Do not provoke a god
1. Boon has been hinting pretty well on him
2. In his recent tweet responding to someone asking about whether rain will be in he replied "marshall to mathers." In eminem's 3rd (or 4th if you count Slim Shady EP) album Marshall Mathers LP, on of the tracks on there was called I'm Back. This would basically be telling that rain will be back
Unless he is just elaborately trolling CDjr (which isn't out of the question at all) i feel like he's been hinted at enough to make the final cut.

RTM2004

Revenant Jade
I am extremely happy with Kitana being revealed. I have no doubt her other twin Mileena will make the cut with a new redesigned look, she might even sport a similar change as Kitana's new wardrobe maybe like this one below as example. The sisters still have unfinished business :D

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
1. Boon has been hinting pretty well on him
2. In his recent tweet responding to someone asking about whether rain will be in he replied "marshall to mathers." In eminem's 3rd (or 4th if you count Slim Shady EP) album Marshall Mathers LP, on of the tracks on there was called I'm Back. This would basically be telling that rain will be back
Unless he is just elaborately trolling CDjr (which isn't out of the question at all) i feel like he's been hinted at enough to make the final cut.
OOOOORRRRRRR maybe if you'd looked back a little you'd see that Boon tweeted someone asking about Skarlet that'd her chances were "slim to the shady", ie it's unlikely she'll be back. And I thought I was pedantic :DOGE