What's new

NEC 2014 Injustice: Gods Among Us Top 8 and highlights

Furbe

Noob
OK, I finally found the stream footage... the score posted was incorrect and the stream cut out on the 2 wins I had before. I was wrong to say I had the guaranteed win, I didn't. I choked, definitely could have won, but I got out played... Sorry for bugging about it so hard. Now I can go to bed...

cR WoundCowboy

WoundCowbae <3
In the absence of our forum general and resident FGC journalist @RM Blake who is away in battle, I am honored to present Saturday's recap. He's set the standard for these to be very high quality and very fast! So let's begin!

First pool of the day started out hype with Chris G and his Green Arrow defeating MKF Slayer's Superman in very hype 3-2 set.

There was brief hiccups with stream, but the hype matches came back after short downtime. Highlights went on to include Sonic Fox sending Chris G to losers where MKF Slayer ran it back 3-2!

Gross coming out strong and defeating Sid the Haze's Flash and then Empr Jupiter's MMH 3-2!

Dream Sword's Raven was sent to losers by RM Oxygen's Lobo, but the dream isn't dead, staying in there and taking out Godspeed's Black Adam.

Some very hype matches between Mr. Aquaman and Cossner, with the Green Arrow taking it and going on to defeat 2 Banes and RM Biohazard's Doomsday.

Grr's Joker was a fan favorite running through a Black Adam and Superman before being stopped by Biohazard's brutal Bane.

P2W's Sinestro makes an appearance. Love him or hate him, he proves he is a talented player who defeated Forever Elite's Nightwing and KDZ's Wonder Woman 3-1.

RM GamerBlake's Batman had a good run against Sonic Fox Jr. and Forever Elite, but was ultimately sent to losers and then home by KDZ.

Noobe defeats Revolver to make it out of his pool along with Rico Suave who had down to the wire sets with RM EMP Darth Arma.

Congrats to our top 16!

Sonic Fox
MF KN Slayer
MOR Ricosuave
Darth Arma
KIT ForeverKing
RM Relaxed State
EMPR Noobe
RM PTH Revolver
Gross
EMPR Jupiter
G4S WAG Cossner
RM Biohazard
RM PTH Oxygen
AK Dreamsword
P2W
EMP KN KDZ

Notable highlights include;

Sonic Fox's Batgirl deafeats Rico's Black Adam 3-2!

KIT Forever King defeats EMP NOOBE's DD and Flash 3-1!

Gross's GL defeats Cossner's GA preceding brief hiccup in stream. Resuming shortly we're returned to see MKF Slayer takes his match against Darth Arma.

RM Revolver's Lex took on a brutal match up with Rm Relaxed State's Zod, losing 3-1. Relaxed went on to take on Cossner and GA 3-1.

MKF Slayer defeats P2W in hype 3-2 set!

Setting Top 8 for tomorrow!

Winners:
Gross vs Fox
Oxygen vs Forever King

Losers:
JUPITER vs KDZ
Relaxed vs MKF Slayer

Full brackets can be found at
http://bigegaming.challonge.com/?page=4

Injustice will resume tomorrow at 2 pm EST after MK at noon. I look forward to watching with all of you then!
Nice avatar lol

Furbe

Noob
@HoneyBee I can't sleep soundly feeling this way, that was a big moment for me and no one saw it and the stream cut out during it... it just feels really bad because I have never done so well just for no one to see it and I just feel like shit, like I'm really depressed about this.

HoneyBee

Flash God Lord
@HoneyBee I can't sleep soundly feeling this way, that was a big moment for me and no one saw it and the stream cut out during it... it just feels really bad because I have never done so well just for no one to see it and I just feel like shit, like I'm really depressed about this.
I don't want to rain on your parade but... you lost :/. I dunno why you want people to see this so badly and yes, Chris G is a good player but he uses GA, a bottom tier character, and doesn't take this game seriously. It's not like you beat SonicFox or Jupiter (or me :DOGE) and now the world needs to know. Just continue improving and props will be given to you when deserved. But prop fishing to this extent just makes you look bad. Especially when those props are for a match that you lost :/.

Furbe

Noob
yeah... I'm done, it was a good fight but no one will ever see it so it's not worth dwelling on... @HoneyBee you didn't have to say that though, I feel bad enough as it is. I'm not fishing for props, I know I lost, I know chris is the better player, I know I got outplayed at the end of the day and I know I have shit to work on... but for christ sake man, I'm really sad that the stream cut out on the biggest wins I have ever had. I was at least excited to come back home and celebrate with some of my friends. For us players who don't place all the fucking time, these little victories are few and they matter, you couldn't possibly understand that...

SidTheHaze

25th place Tempest Lao
I don't want to rain on your parade but... you lost :/. I dunno why you want people to see this so badly and yes, Chris G is a good player but he uses GA, a bottom tier character, and doesn't take this game seriously. It's not like you beat SonicFox or Jupiter (or me :DOGE) and now the world needs to know. Just continue improving and props will be given to you when deserved. But prop fishing to this extent just makes you look bad. Especially when those props are for a match that you lost :/.
yo where my props for getting bodied by gross and almost beating jupiter? please flash god lord give me props, i need them to live. :DOGE

but seriously @Furbe i choke waaaaaay harder than you in tournament,you'll get the props when your time comes. Also remember this, the longer you don't make it out of pools the better the pop off (did you not see @Zyphox at winter brawl?). Top player pop offs are lame :coffee:

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
Imagine Furbe and Zyphox carrying on a conversation with each other.
funny thing is we have had a convo in real life before, and it went nothing like how you think it would go, and i know its a joke, just wanted to mention that. neither myself nor Furbe speak about ourselves like that in real life, its just our online personalities get in the way sometimes and we prop fish and or talk about ourselves. i catch myself all the time after the fact because i don't realize without body language telling me that its annoying. i'm so glad that you make fun at socially awkward people so often, shows your maturity.

@Furbe i know exactly where you are coming from, even though i got 3rd at WB i still lost the same way to KDZ, if i were you the last place i would vent or try explaining myself is on TYM, i've learn this the hard way, most of the time they won't understand where you are coming from or your reason behind what you are typing, so they will judge the shit out of you and poke fun at you instead of reasoning and or just being a friend and listening. to SOME people it's really hard to control themselves when something that their passionate about happens, like you losing to Chris G. on TYM you won't find a person who will understand you or care to understand or even question your motives for posting all that you posted, they just shit on you instead.

Furbe

Noob
funny thing is we have had a convo in real life before, and it went nothing like how you think it would go, and i know its a joke, just wanted to mention that. neither myself nor Furbe speak about ourselves like that in real life, its just our online personalities get in the way sometimes and we prop fish and or talk about ourselves. i catch myself all the time after the fact because i don't realize without body language telling me that its annoying. i'm so glad that you make fun at socially awkward people so often, shows your maturity.

@Furbe i know exactly where you are coming from, even though i got 3rd at WB i still lost the same way to KDZ, if i were you the last place i would vent or try explaining myself is on TYM, i've learn this the hard way, most of the time they won't understand where you are coming from or your reason behind what you are typing, so they will judge the shit out of you and poke fun at you instead of reasoning and or just being a friend and listening. to SOME people it's really hard to control themselves when something that their passionate about happens, like you losing to Chris G. on TYM you won't find a person who will understand you or care to understand or even question your motives for posting all that you posted, they just shit on you instead.
Wow man... you took it right out of my mouth. Thank you, at least SOMEONE understands... I almost did say we chilled in real life and that shit was epic. Ask anyone who was there and they will tell you that I could tell we would be good friends over the years. Can't wait to chill again outside of this interface full of haters and trolls...

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
Wow man... you took it right out of my mouth. Thank you, at least SOMEONE understands... I almost did say we chilled in real life and that shit was epic. Ask anyone who was there and they will tell you that I could tell we would be good friends over the years. Can't wait to chill again outside of this interface full of haters and trolls...
No, I feel like I need to tell you as a human being that people find it really annoying when someone talks about themself too much. I understand how important that match was to you, but on commentary you almost only talked about yourself, and it was one of the most annoying commentaries that I've ever heard.

Now you're doing the same thing by posting a million times in a row on TYM. We get it, it's important to you, but if nobody tells you how annoying it is you're going to annoy a lot of people.

I'm telling you this to help you.

E

Eldriken

@Furbe, I think your best bet is to just say you're über passionate about these types of things, hence why you can't let it go and then do just that: Let it go.

It's obvious that you're passionate about this game, competing, etc, but you've gotta let up, bro.

TheBoyBlunder

They love my Grayson
While I agree it's a stupid MU, Revolver didn't get cheated. It's his decision not to pick a secondary for IAZB Zod. He knows how bad it is. He's had a loooooong time to get a secondary for the MU but refuses to. The only person that cheated revolver is himself.
Secondaries are lame.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
OK, I finally found the stream footage... the score posted was incorrect and the stream cut out on the 2 wins I had before. I was wrong to say I had the guaranteed win, I didn't. I choked, definitely could have won, but I got out played... Sorry for bugging about it so hard. Now I can go to bed...
Sleep well sweet prince

Last edited:

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player

You two are like the cutest couple ever

PerezzGomeZ

I saw your girl staring homie
You did better then your last tourney man,think of it as improvement