What's new

NEC 2014 Injustice: Gods Among Us Top 8 and highlights

Goldi

Noob
In the absence of our forum general and resident FGC journalist @RM Blake who is away in battle, I am honored to present Saturday's recap. He's set the standard for these to be very high quality and very fast! So let's begin!

First pool of the day started out hype with Chris G and his Green Arrow defeating MKF Slayer's Superman in very hype 3-2 set.

There was brief hiccups with stream, but the hype matches came back after short downtime. Highlights went on to include Sonic Fox sending Chris G to losers where MKF Slayer ran it back 3-2!

Gross coming out strong and defeating Sid the Haze's Flash and then Empr Jupiter's MMH 3-2!

Dream Sword's Raven was sent to losers by RM Oxygen's Lobo, but the dream isn't dead, staying in there and taking out Godspeed's Black Adam.

Some very hype matches between Mr. Aquaman and Cossner, with the Green Arrow taking it and going on to defeat 2 Banes and RM Biohazard's Doomsday.

Grr's Joker was a fan favorite running through a Black Adam and Superman before being stopped by Biohazard's brutal Bane.

P2W's Sinestro makes an appearance. Love him or hate him, he proves he is a talented player who defeated Forever Elite's Nightwing and KDZ's Wonder Woman 3-1.

RM GamerBlake's Batman had a good run against Sonic Fox Jr. and Forever Elite, but was ultimately sent to losers and then home by KDZ.

Noobe defeats Revolver to make it out of his pool along with Rico Suave who had down to the wire sets with RM EMP Darth Arma.

Congrats to our top 16!

Sonic Fox
MF KN Slayer
MOR Ricosuave
Darth Arma
KIT ForeverKing
RM Relaxed State
EMPR Noobe
RM PTH Revolver
Gross
EMPR Jupiter
G4S WAG Cossner
RM Biohazard
RM PTH Oxygen
AK Dreamsword
P2W
EMP KN KDZ

Notable highlights include;

Sonic Fox's Batgirl deafeats Rico's Black Adam 3-2!

KIT Forever King defeats EMP NOOBE's DD and Flash 3-1!

Gross's GL defeats Cossner's GA preceding brief hiccup in stream. Resuming shortly we're returned to see MKF Slayer takes his match against Darth Arma.

RM Revolver's Lex took on a brutal match up with Rm Relaxed State's Zod, losing 3-1. Relaxed went on to take on Cossner and GA 3-1.

MKF Slayer defeats P2W in hype 3-2 set!

Setting Top 8 for tomorrow!

Winners:
Gross vs Fox
Oxygen vs Forever King

Losers:
JUPITER vs KDZ
Relaxed vs MKF Slayer

Full brackets can be found at
http://bigegaming.challonge.com/?page=4

Injustice will resume tomorrow at 2 pm EST after MK at noon. I look forward to watching with all of you then!

Attachments

WakeUp DP

GT MK OshTekk.
Good shit Relax! Your footsie game looks very smart and technical! Really good understanding of spacing and stuff. Its always fun to watch you play.

HoneyBee

Flash God Lord
Guys I think cossner is permanently banned from the site. He told me that he posted a gif of Ryan gosling not eating cereal and he was banned and not told how long for and he is not able to access the site.
LOL I liked the gif. It was hilarious!

@xKhaoTik I didn't go cause of exams and my bro failed to make top 8 cause he didn't have my pro coaching :DOGE

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Missed the pools today, just go back; heard there were some stream issues -- anyone know what happened?

G4S Claude VonStroke

@MK_ClaudeVS on twitter
Missed the pools today, just go back; heard there were some stream issues -- anyone know what happened?
Out of a full day of every pool being streamed and top 16, once the 4g card just cut out and they had to restart. And then towards the end the 4g card ran out of battery and they got it fixed.