What's new

Myths and bills: You've been deputized

Johnny Based Cage

The Shangest of Tsungs
The biggest bill is it being game over for a lot of characters if Bane gets one knockdown. Some of those characters have absolutely godlike backdashes (and parries on top of that), both of which severely limit Bane's usual plethora of oki options and allow them out on read.

Not to mention universal outs like two lifebars, a clash, and pushblock. Bane putting some characters heavily on the defensive off knockdowns is one of the only things he has going for him in some of these matchups to even keep them competitive, and he still has to get in multiple times and fight to stay in when he does so it's only fair that he has the potential to run train.

AK Stormthegates

WOOLAY!!!!
I've never thought Lex beats MMH even though I always hear people saying I do lol. But Lex definitely beats Aquaman. Idk what else I need to do to convince people of it haha
Yo i got mentioned by wound haha Yo my day is made, this thread is awesome.

The biggest bill...... GL SUCKS B/C HIS MOBILITY SUCKS............

lol

@AK Stormthegates @AK Ace Universe
STOP USING SMARR AVATARS FUCK I NEVER KNOW WHO IS WHO

LET HIM FADE AWAY

Bill: Green Arrow beats flash. This is about as true as the idea of Green Lantern going even or having a slight advantage over Aquaman used to be, and for very similar reasons. At first GL's zoning sure seems like a problem for Aqua.....until you grind out the matchup, recognize the right pace you have to fight at, and gradually come to realize it was in Aquaman's favor all along. Tom Brady descibes that fight as Aquaman losing for most of the round, until he gets in once and then suddenly he's in the lead.
Well that's Green Arrow v Flash in a nutshell. Arrow can annoy flash like crazy with savage blast and arrows, but in the end that's really all it is....an annoyance. You're not gonna keep him out forever, and once he gets in he has better mixups then you do, and he hits a *lot* harder.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
The biggest bill is it being game over for a lot of characters if Bane gets one knockdown. Some of those characters have absolutely godlike backdashes (and parries on top of that), both of which severely limit Bane's usual plethora of oki options and allow them out on read.

Not to mention universal outs like two lifebars, a clash, and pushblock. Bane putting some characters heavily on the defensive off knockdowns is one of the only things he has going for him in some of these matchups to even keep them competitive, and he still has to get in multiple times and fight to stay in when he does so it's only fair that he has the potential to run train.

Are you seriously downplaying Bane by pointing out you can DIE and restart the second round to get out of his oki?

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
Green Lantern loses 4-6 to Lex.

That felt good.
I completely disagree. I think at absolute best (but probably not) it's even. Against less experienced GL's who haven't studied the matchup and know how to deal with certain things and what they can abuse, Lex dominates him. Like our local GL player King Jamez could easily beat me in tournament because he understands it, but even a higher level GL like DJT I think I could do a lot better against just because it's not as straightforward for him.

I completely disagree. I think at absolute best (but probably not) it's even. Against less experienced GL's who haven't studied the matchup and know how to deal with certain things and what they can abuse, Lex dominates him. Like our local GL player King Jamez could easily beat me in tournament because he understands it, but even a higher level GL like DJT I think I could do a lot better against just because it's not as straightforward for him.
You are using extensive match-up experience and high level play in order to come to a well-thought conclusion.

You're not doing this thread right...

Last edited:

Johnny Based Cage

The Shangest of Tsungs
This might be the worst downplaying I've ever seen in my life.

"Bane's oki isn't THAT good...his options are so limited because some of them can be backdashed. Besides, even if he guesses right a lot you can die and start with a second life bar"...

I'm talking about certain matchups like Zod and Batman, not your garbage character I can fall asleep against on wakeup who can't even run away anyway bc she needs to get in to do damage just as bad as I do lol.

The salt's got you delusional if you think all Bane needs is one knockdown against a character like Zod though.

Forbidden_Donut

"You think you bad? Pffft, You ain't bad.."
uhm they played in a MM as well which was ft5 and playing a long set wouldn't really change the results lol, line up the batmans and I will take money from anyone who goes against DJT :)
edit: also I am djts main batman experience, so that should tell u something if he hasn't lost vs a batman, he plays that MU very well and knows the ins and outs of it. (MU based on character tools and two high lvl reps of a character typically)
Your brother kicked my ass in that matchup lol.. I think I got one game on him haha. I definitely agree with you and king, that matchup is extremely scary for batman IMO. Back dash or parry b13? One b1 mb bullet got me to never try that ish again.

Also on a related note, GA beating GL is a bill. It's 5-5 at best. And Grundy losing badly to gl because of machine gun is also a bill. Idk why all my bills included lantern lol

Laos_boy

Meow Hoes
Lex glitch?:
Revolver can you explain this. The rocket went through you

Your brother kicked my ass in that matchup lol.. I think I got one game on him haha. I definitely agree with you and king, that matchup is extremely scary for batman IMO. Back dash or parry b13? One b1 mb bullet got me to never try that ish again.

Also on a related note, GA beating GL is a bill. It's 5-5 at best. And Grundy losing badly to gl because of machine gun is also a bill. Idk why all my bills included lantern lol
there are tons of GL bills lol, he is in the talks of bills constantly #YEEAAPPP, funny story: At evo this year before playing me in pools, tyrant had to play 3 straight GLs, and the result is he beat the living crap out of all 3 of them lmao.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Myth: Batgirl beats everyone. Truth: Resident Billnestro of GGA Batgirl possibly loses to Aquaman, Martian, Batman and/or Doomsday. The opinions of the BG community vary (for example I think BG-MMH is even and she loses to Aquaman but Truth thinks they're both even and Rip Torn thinks they're both losing matchups). Just remember there's more than one Batgirl. This is a COMMUNITY, everyone's opinions should be treated fairly, and my opinion is that 99% of people aren't playing the matchup correctly and that's why they continue to lose. Am I wrong? Is Batgirl or is Batgirl not continuing to win competitions? In general she seems to have a lot of even matchups so...

Nightwing's plus frames are irrelevant/he has no options after them. BILL. You have "no options"? Well it's not like we can do much when we're minus fucking 18. You don't always have to hit the opponent you know, sometimes block pressure is good. Refer to Batman and his MB batarang pressure- he doesn't have a fast overhead either but do you see them complaining? NO. Just think about that.
Bill of goods: Wonder Woman. Truth: Hysteria shut up :DOGE
Batgirl being easy to use - Bill
RE
FUCKING
TWEET

Also, before you all go mental on me, this is just my OPINION remember lol.

coolwhip

Noob
People who are "Zoning Masters" regulating DS MU's is another huge bill. In fact, any non DS main from Pre-Patch only needs to shut the fuck up about matchups.
...is a Skype Illuminati civil war upon us?

#TeamHippo #TeamDave

God hashtags are stupid.

Myth: Batgirl beats everyone. Truth: Resident Billnestro of GGA Batgirl possibly loses to Aquaman, Martian, Batman and/or Doomsday. The opinions of the BG community vary (for example I think BG-MMH is even and she loses to Aquaman but Truth thinks they're both even and Rip Torn thinks they're both losing matchups). Just remember there's more than one Batgirl. This is a COMMUNITY, everyone's opinions should be treated fairly, and my opinion is that 99% of people aren't playing the matchup correctly and that's why they continue to lose. Am I wrong? Is Batgirl or is Batgirl not continuing to win competitions? In general she seems to have a lot of even matchups so...

Nightwing's plus frames are irrelevant/he has no options after them. BILL. You have "no options"? Well it's not like we can do much when we're minus fucking 18. You don't always have to hit the opponent you know, sometimes block pressure is good. Refer to Batman and his MB batarang pressure- he doesn't have a fast overhead either but do you see them complaining? NO. Just think about that.
Bill of goods: Wonder Woman. Truth: Hysteria shut up :DOGE

RE
FUCKING
TWEET

Also, before you all go mental on me, this is just my OPINION remember lol.
http://testyourmight.com/threads/sonicfoxs-batgirl-matchup-chart-with-description.45928/

Johnny Based Cage

The Shangest of Tsungs
LMAO
" I'll let you have a 100% life lead so I can get out of pressure that I'll probably get back into"
I think your math can use some major work. You're once again suggesting that Bane will land first hit, get the knockdown, and take away the whole lifebar against a competent Zod who knows his options and 9-1's Bane with IAZB's when he's not on his back.

So yeah, even the death of lifebar #1 resetting the momentum could be enough to seal the match. It's a complete bill that you not being able to mash out specials to wake up for free means you automatically lose the entire match as soon as you're knocked down lolol.

IMakeItL00kC00L

Do not provoke a god
I'm talking about certain matchups like Zod and Batman, not your garbage character I can fall asleep against on wakeup who can't even run away anyway bc she needs to get in to do damage just as bad as I do lol.

The salt's got you delusional if you think all Bane needs is one knockdown against a character like Zod though.
Are you implying that zod is getting up against bane on knocksown? Sure zod can get up, but that's only after he loses a lifebar lol