What's new

Myths and bills: You've been deputized

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Nobody wrote home about it, though. I qualified that guesses being 75% in his favor (and again that's only when you get a knockdown that leads to a legit meaty set-up to begin with, so it's already somewhat inflated at that) are definitely better than your usual 50% mixups but also not as drastic as being 95% in his favor like some of these drama queens would have you believe.

I don't know how many times I have to reiterate that I'm simply trying to bring the good ol' JR levels of hysteria about Bane back down to reality, and fully acknowledging that said reality is him running train on oki like nobody's business. At least he loses twice as much momentum if you do guess right though compared to some of these vortex characters who can go high, low, fake overhead, instant cross-up, etc. all off the same set-up.
Bane can do that... :(

Johnny Based Cage

The Shangest of Tsungs
Bane can do that... :(

Dude. I know. But if you guess right against him he loses a lot more momentum than the Batgirls and Sinestros of the world. That's all I'm saying. Of all the characters with vortexes that lead to better than 50/50 guesses, getting out of Bane's shit fucks him up more than anyone else. That's all. It's not a big minus against him. I'm not calling him a shitter or saying Batman & co. can wake up free every time or anything like that. I'm saying you CAN guess right and it CAN very likely swing the momentum greatly back in your favor if you do and know what you're doing thereafter. All I'm saying and have been saying is it's not necessarily 100% game over if Bane knocks you down once. This ain't marvel, son.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
It would be stupid if it weren't lex and his huge dash lag. Most characters can do something about it, Lex specifically has to block.
Also 16 bit gave me permission to MU cop this. Worst case scenario, I agree people assume the worst but you can't ignore that when you're on the ground the match shifts insanely into Bane's favor.
i dont care. you're free and i'll win. banes free.

Forbidden_Donut

"You think you bad? Pffft, You ain't bad.."
That first bill should be way more than $50, maybe $200. The second bill... isn't even a bill :DOGE
But they dont make a $200 bill Lol... Is there a thousand dollar bill? Maybe that would work .. I'll bump it up to $100 for you ;)

One bill I did forget to mention tho is your sinestro :joker::joker::joker: $100? Going once.. Going twice? SOLD!!

Even though your sinestro would probably body me

4x4lo8o

Noob
Mrointentionsst: 1480543 said:
All taken from that thread

Part 1, you asked me for advice

You asked me how to beat hippo not ds (like I said)

"I think Ares is a strong contender for bottom 1 and every tournament win you've ever had is a result of fraud and lack of match up knowledge" - 4x4

@KingHippo real in depth

"My secret......d2 O_O also a whole lot of blocking" - me guess what, that is my secret to playing ds lol block get in and I love the neutral in that match and ds can't jump, its amazing how well ares d2 rapes his j3.

response "Wait, why would you use MB Godsmack if you read low gunshots? Teleport is faster, doesn't get punished as hard(usually a d1 punish as opposed to a jump in-full combo that GS gets), plus off a teleport you get 3d2 into inescapable reset(more than twice as much damage as you'd get off of a MB Godsmack)"

blows up a risk I like to take in this "unwinnable mu"

So what is the blow up, I get blown up twice before I even got to talk the MU.

How can I tell you how to beat someone when I have never seen you play?

I am not the ares mod so I am not entitled to long discussions, I tried that and the west coast shut me down so I gave up. Defer to The gabriel or yourself so the illuminati can sleep better. Nor am I the best player, this thread shows that definitively. So my opinion means nothing.
I stand by my intentions in that thread. I could have refrained from mentioning my training partner, but you have a history of blowing up people for their match up experience not being against the highest level opponents.
In any case, it would have been obvious whether I'd mentioned it or not that part of my opinion on the match up was based on getting bodied by King Hippo. I asked for exactly what I wanted, knowledge about how you play the match up that might help me beat Hippo.

My second response was straight match up discussion. Purely about characters options, nothing else to be had in that. If you take that as blow up I don't know how it's possible to discuss a match up with you.

I don't need to defend that other quote you pulled up, it clearly wasn't serious

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Dude. I know. But if you guess right against him he loses a lot more momentum than the Batgirls and Sinestros of the world. That's all I'm saying. Of all the characters with vortexes that lead to better than 50/50 guesses, getting out of Bane's shit fucks him up more than anyone else. That's all. It's not a big minus against him. I'm not calling him a shitter or saying Batman & co. can wake up free every time or anything like that. I'm saying you CAN guess right and it CAN very likely swing the momentum greatly back in your favor if you do and know what you're doing thereafter. All I'm saying and have been saying is it's not necessarily 100% game over if Bane knocks you down once. This ain't marvel, son.
I disagree, unless the Bane is doing like f.2 on wake-up, guessing right once shouldn't put you in the clear or the momentum in your favour. So long as you are close to Bane, its not per se your favour unless you are flash. That's why Bane's worst MUs are Zatanna and Flash, because one can get out and be at a huge advantage, and the other one is at an advantage while in.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
I can't hear you because no one's ever listened to mid tier mayhem.
Odd, I can't remember the last time anyone asked you to be on anything.
You're like Batman's wake-up game: Weak and irrelevant, and surrounded by better options.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
I was asked to be on ktp twice lol

Aren't you like the only Bane that hasn't placed in a tournament yet
Don't think I watched those. Can't imagine I missed much.

If only I were, that would be half decent.
Sadly, I'm not the only one. So no.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
Don't think I watched those. Can't imagine I missed much.

If only I were, that would be half decent.
Sadly, I'm not the only one. So no.
I didn't go on the second time haha I asked if Mr Aquaman could take it instead

I can't tell how serious you think I'm being or if you're really arguing though now lol

When I was on we talked about gay stuff if that's what you think you'd be better at though

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
I didn't go on the second time haha I asked if Mr Aquaman could take it instead

I can't tell how serious you think I'm being or if you're really arguing though now lol

When I was on we talked about gay stuff if that's what you think you'd be better at though
I'm never serious. Just bored and waiting in queue for strife.

Define "gay stuff".